Texas High 11-0 vs Port Neches-Grove 8-4, Friday 6:00, Natchitoches LA

bordertown

Texas High v PNG  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Texas High
    • PNG

Like mentioned secondary vs png wrs will play biggest role in game, I hope they come out ready to play Not the best dbs t high has had but they are pretty athletic and I think coaches have done a good job lining them up giving them a chance even when the guy across from them might be a better player. Have shown to be very coachable kids on defense (little over 20 points given up in the 2nd half all year) think that goes a long ways this time of year.  lbs imo have played a lot better against teams passing than they did last year. 11 and 27 both have a couple interceptions but imo #5 stands think he was recruited as a safety at LE has shown so far to be fast enough to play outside against the run I think they will have to all play well again this week. Maybe a lot of points scored idk but im not seeing the shootout some think but still a good game. if t high can get some early stops on defense and find a way to get ahead I think that gives some of those guys on dline a chance to try and get after qb. 

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

PNG is the epitome of tradition.  Great fan following, and their band will play Cherokee so much it’ll drive the opposing fans nuts.  And yes, no D.  Never had with this Coach, but buku Offense.  A little erratic this year - which PNG team shows up?  They can be awesome and borderline awful.  Still, should be a good game.  I thought they had a good chance last week, and they proved me right.  This week, I’m not sure. Sure, they could win, but Tx High appears much better than Montgomery.  Hope the good PNG shows up.  Win or lose, the game will be entertaining.  If the bad PNG shows up, folks will be bailing out at halftime.

My oldest grandson is on the drumline of the Indian band. All the tradition is fun to be a part of. Unfortunately I only have seen one game this year because of the distance but I always love being at the Reservation.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, Golfingnut said:

I was wondering the whys of making the decision. I mean seems like Abe Martin or Homer Bryce might have been better but who knows if those were available. 

Great opportunity for some kids on both sides to be seen by some college coaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

My oldest grandson is on the drumline of the Indian band. All the tradition is fun to be a part of. Unfortunately I only have seen one game this year because of the distance but I always love being at the Reservation.

Been at the Reservation often, watching my team lose and listening to Cherokee, lol.  Did go to the Dome supporting them back in the 80’s.  Then they were referred to as the University of Port Neches. 😄

• Love 1

On 11/22/2021 at 1:59 PM, Golfingnut said:

My grandmother and great grandparents lived there from the late 40’s to the 80’s. My great grandfather had a small pa speaker that was powered by one of those large 6v batteries for flashlights. It would play the first part to the fight song. Guess u could say having noisemakers for football games runs in the family. He died before I was born, but I’ve seen a lot of pictures of him at games and everything. Also got that pa speaker and I would play it a lot growing up. My grandmother still likes keeping up with PNG football. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

My grandmother and great grandparents lived there from the late 40’s to the 80’s. My great grandfather had a small pa speaker that was powered by one of those large 6v batteries for flashlights. It would play the first part to the fight song. Guess u could say having noisemakers for football games runs in the family. He died before I was born, but I’ve seen a lot of pictures of him at games and everything. Also got that pa speaker and I would play it a lot growing up. My grandmother still likes keeping up with PNG football. 

Lol, it's definitely in your blood with the noise makers. Love the history. My son-in-law is in the Coast Guard and stationed there. He is set to retire next May but they will probably stay there at least till both boys graduate. Maybe even longer depending where the oldest goes to college. 

• Like 1

Be good to see T high fans show up only about 2 hour drive, hwy 49 makes getting to Shreveport a 45 min trip for some. I agree Png probably has a bigger crowd. decent amount of people in Forney and Whitehouse earlier this year . 3rd round and it’s been a while for Texas High I hope people make it

1 hour ago, RogerDorn said:

Be good to see T high fans show up only about 2 hour drive, hwy 49 makes getting to Shreveport a 45 min trip for some. I agree Png probably has a bigger crowd. decent amount of people in Forney and Whitehouse earlier this year . 3rd round and it’s been a while for Texas High I hope people make it

Indians will Definitely Represent!!  As always!!

Just got this from my grandmother. She said it was the game ball given to my great grandfather when he was doing security for the teams in the 70’s. I assume it’s the game ball from the PNG vs Permian game. Idk who painted it, but still pretty neat IMO. I have seen pictures of him on the sidelines at games. Go Indians! 

image.jpg

• Love 1

On 11/24/2021 at 3:30 PM, bordertown said:

The game will NOT be live-streamed by Tigervision, but will be on Texans Live for $$$s. Sad the UIL value the $$$s over the educational value of a student production [editorial opinion].

Uil folks have in laws that run Texans Live you can bet