Gladewater (9-2) vs. Mt. Vernon (12-0) 3rd Round

BearFan13

Who ya got?   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

56 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Sulphur Springs 7 o’clock on Friday.

Might as well get this started. Rematch from last year. Should be a pretty good game. Taking GW by 1 lol 

I picked against the Bears vs Sabine and learned my lesson.  Granted MV is a notch above but GW has the dudes to get the W.  Bears by 2.

Going to be two good games as Region 2 is down to the final four. All four teams are very good and have their strengths but MV passing game is way ahead of the other three IMO. Not sure who takes the Region but Malakoff hasn’t allowed a point yet but the Groesbeck QB took advantage of their secondary at times but in the end Malakoff was just too much for them. West is big and strong up front, Gladewater has the athletes. Going to be some great football the next weeks in Region 2. 

• Like 2

Man I was hoping for a Saturday afternoon game. I haven’t missed a Bear game in over 10 years and the reason I missed that was t-boning a deer on my way to Henderson and really can’t remember before then when I missed one. This year I’ll be 1,000 miles away on Friday. Hopefully this game will be streamed so I can at least watch it, not the same as being there but better than nothing. GO BEARS!!

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, player73 said:

Going to be two good games as Region 2 is down to the final four. All four teams are very good and have their strengths but MV passing game is way ahead of the other three IMO. Not sure who takes the Region but Malakoff hasn’t allowed a point yet but the Groesbeck QB took advantage of their secondary at times but in the end Malakoff was just too much for them. West is big and strong up front, Gladewater has the athletes. Going to be some great football the next weeks in Region 2. 

We made some personnel changes in the secondary at safety and even made halftime adjustments that helped that game. The GB game we had 3 or 4 ints, some of those long passes GB had was from us going for the ball but that's what you get when you try for it. That game was an eye opener for us. I think the game with West will come down to the trenches. After seeing West in person and a few games on video, they are similar to us. They just have an outstanding o line. I think we have a edge on talent. Koff moved up Tennison from jv to the backfield/safety and he has been doing really well. Yes, there is going to be some good football out of our region on Friday. Glad we'll get to watch them separately. 

1 hour ago, player73 said:

Gladewater big win over Grandview was impressive and it seemed that MV was doing just enough to beat a scrappy Whitney team. I look for MV to be a lot more focused against a Gladewater team that made a statement against Grandview. 

Gwater beat Gview by 28....MV beat Whitney by 27. 

25 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

That makes GW the underdog right ?  

3 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

I imagine MV will be about a 8-12 point fav

Seems like it should be close to a pick em. Teams seem pretty even. It will be interesting to see if we situationally play a couple guys both ways from here on out. We did a little bit last year and I feel like it helped out the secondary 

I see this going 1 of 3 ways...  1st MV comes out quick and GW struggles to get moving and goes into panic mode early and MV runs away with it.  2nd GW comes out and is methodical and MV offense stumbles which puts pressure on the defense and GW builds a lead that MV can't overcome and GW wins by 3 TDs.  3rd which I think is more likely is both come out firing on all cylinders offensively and it will come down to special teams and turnovers.  Not sure about the GW kicker but if this is the game we get I trust #4 for MV will rise to the moment and MV wins by 3 or less.  Just hoping for a great game.

2 minutes ago, Treyclark said:

I see this going 1 of 3 ways...  1st MV comes out quick and GW struggles to get moving and goes into panic mode early and MV runs away with it.  2nd GW comes out and is methodical and MV offense stumbles which puts pressure on the defense and GW builds a lead that MV can't overcome and GW wins by 3 TDs.  3rd which I think is more likely is both come out firing on all cylinders offensively and it will come down to special teams and turnovers.  Not sure about the GW kicker but if this is the game we get I trust #4 for MV will rise to the moment and MV wins by 3 or less.  Just hoping for a great game.

I’ll take option 2 for $200 Alex 😂 

Well, I got a good dose of Gladewater Bear therapy last Friday night in Royse City.  The Bears wasted no time disposing of the number 9 team in the entire State of Texas, so if they make quick work of the number 3 team... I'm going all in!  I will buy the Bear Ears, make Bear claw signs when I wave at folks, and promise to go into hibernation after high school football season. I'll paint a big 'G' on my pickup tailgate and stand and sing your school song when you play your State Quarterfinal game at Royse City ISD Stadium the next week. Go Bears!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, micotrav said:

Well, I got a good dose of Gladewater Bear therapy last Friday night in Royse City.  The Bears wasted no time disposing of the number 9 team in the entire State of Texas, so if they make quick work of the number 3 team... I'm going all in!  I will buy the Bear Ears, make Bear claw signs when I wave at folks, and promise to go into hibernation after high school football season. I'll paint a big 'G' on my pickup tailgate and stand and sing your school song when you play your State Quarterfinal game at Royse City ISD Stadium the next week. Go Bears!

Awesome Microtrav!  We’re hoping you get the chance to wave with those bear ears on!  Rouse City was great to us!  See you there!