Gladewater (9-2) vs. Mt. Vernon (12-0) 3rd Round

BearFan13

Who ya got?   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

36 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

IIRC, Allen didn't play or played very sparingly against Gilmer.  So, that Gilmer score could have been closer.  Is he injured now?  If not, MV will be facing a real talented dude, on both sides of the ball.

He played we just couldn’t get the ball in his hands at the early part of the season enough. We moved him to QB before the Kilgore game. He did line up at receiver a few times last week though and caught a TD pass in double coverage lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Yeah them old school guys were tough. Took us a while but we made it back to the semis. Y’all on the other hand though……keep choking lol 😂

Would losing in the semis be considered choking? Or a tie in the state championship game? Both great season and something to be proud of.   but…

19 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Some of y’all bear fans gonna be crossing your fingers the next two weeks. Sphincter muscles gonna be exercised this week and the next, or is it choking time this week? Lol 

Is it even possible to "choke" in the 3rd round of the playoffs? at this point every team is proven and if you get beat its just because you weren't good enough that day... 

10 hours ago, BossBear02 said:

Would losing in the semis be considered choking? Or a tie in the state championship game? Both great season and something to be proud of.   but…

Good point. 

34 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Is it even possible to "choke" in the 3rd round of the playoffs? at this point every team is proven and if you get beat its just because you weren't good enough that day... 

just playin around. Y’all have more playoff wins than us in less appearances. It’s just crazy/funny y’all have only made it past the 4th round once and lost that one. Good luck to y’all. From what I’ve seen GW is humble in their success this year and that’s good. Will be listening or watching. Would love to see 4a down to 3a bring it all back to east tx. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Racer55 said:

Good point. 

just playin around. Y’all have more playoff wins than us in less appearances. It’s just crazy/funny y’all have only made it past the 4th round once and lost that one. Good luck to y’all. From what I’ve seen GW is humble in their success this year and that’s good. Will be listening or watching. Would love to see 4a down to 3a bring it all back to east tx. 

We’re always pretty humble once it gets this far. We know we’re always just a little heartbreaker away from being out of it lmao. 

6 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Lol ain’t this the truth. Went back and watched the Pottsboro one. So close 

Yeah that was a silent drive back from sulphur springs lol. We had our TE wide open for the throwback but the pressure made our QB flush out and get rid of it on the 2 pt. The Celina one was pretty bad too. Both games pretty similar in we came out so flat early on, came back to tie it up just to lose at the end. 

3 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Yeah that was a silent drive back from sulphur springs lol. We had our TE wide open for the throwback but the pressure made our QB flush out and get rid of it on the 2 pt. The Celina one was pretty bad too. Both games pretty similar in we came out so flat early on, came back to tie it up just to lose at the end. 

Then there’s 2014…..

I am very intrigued by this game. Im looking forward to seeing how GW handles 15. I wonder if 2 will follow him around or or not. I noticed the other night that 2 did not follow 13 around and basically only covered him when he split out wide. I am curious if it will be the same strategy this week with 15. The thing that GW has is multiple athletes in the secondary besides just 2 so they are not forced to make 2 travel with 15. I personally would think they might try and always have 2 be on whichever side 15 is and try to more or less take one side of the field away. This will be the first team that MV has faced that has the personnel to slow down the run and the pass equally so i anticipate them being very creative offensively. Should be a very very good game.

3 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I am very intrigued by this game. Im looking forward to seeing how GW handles 15. I wonder if 2 will follow him around or or not. I noticed the other night that 2 did not follow 13 around and basically only covered him when he split out wide. I am curious if it will be the same strategy this week with 15. The thing that GW has is multiple athletes in the secondary besides just 2 so they are not forced to make 2 travel with 15. I personally would think they might try and always have 2 be on whichever side 15 is and try to more or less take one side of the field away. This will be the first team that MV has faced that has the personnel to slow down the run and the pass equally so i anticipate them being very creative offensively. Should be a very very good game.

#13 for GV was basically a non factor. We had multiple kids who covered him very well. #15 is a good one but I don’t think we will need to double him. Tackling on first contact will be a key with #0 and #15.  I think we will easily be the best defense MV has seen this year. I don’t think MV is even close to the best defenses we’ve seen. Should be some interesting matchups. 

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

#13 for GV was basically a non factor. We had multiple kids who covered him very well. #15 is a good one but I don’t think we will need to double him. Tackling on first contact will be a key with #0 and #15.  I think we will easily be the best defense MV has seen this year. I don’t think MV is even close to the best defenses we’ve seen. Should be some interesting matchups. 

I would say my only concern for Bears will be their ability to handle the pace of MVs offense especially after 1st downs. I know in that 3rd quarter the other night when GV went up tempo, GW defense got a little bit out of sorts. I am also interested in seeing GW offense vs. MV defense and how the bears want to attack. I think Jonny will definitely want to play keep away and then sprinkle in the wrinkles of 17 at qb and 2,11 out wide. Very intriguing matchups for sure.

20 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I don’t think #2 will follow 15 or even play defense the entire game. 

1 minute ago, BearFan13 said:

I don’t think #2 will follow 15 or even play defense the entire game. 

I could see that myself. You have to give that guy some rest and with the Bears having other very talented secondary guys, it makes it much easier to bring him over to the sideline a few times. 

1 hour ago, bearnation said:

still dont understand the hilarity of it but that's ok I usually don't understand stupid

What’s “funny”,didn’t say “hilarious”, is I left that sentence like that because I knew someone would get their feelings hurt. Point proven by you stooping to a lower level with the “stupid” comment. If u want to take this further I can go which ever direction you want to go. Trying to take the high road here, but if u want to take the lower road, by all means. 

56 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

What’s “funny”,didn’t say “hilarious”, is I left that sentence like that because I knew someone would get their feelings hurt. Point proven by you stooping to a lower level with the “stupid” comment. If u want to take this further I can go which ever direction you want to go. Trying to take the high road here, but if u want to take the lower road, by all means. 

Only road I'm taking is the one to Sulphur Springs to watch GW continue to play football.... Something White Oak doesn't know much about. 

1 hour ago, bearnation said:

Only road I'm taking is the one to Sulphur Springs to watch GW continue to play football.... Something White Oak doesn't know much about. 

Lol wanting to talk some smack I see. I get it, MV fans been quiet all week since Whitney tightened their sphincter muscles. Lol we don’t know football like the mighty bears do, yet I do recall we’ve been to the semis more times and recently than the all mighty g-town. Lol gimme a break.