Gladewater (9-2) vs. Mt. Vernon (12-0) 3rd Round

BearFan13

Who ya got?   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

Gladewater’s offense centers on D. J. Allen and that is pretty good hand to rely on. Mount Vernon’s offense revolves around a good passing QB and a crop of good receivers and an outstanding RB. Both offensive lines are very capable. Defensively the Bears put a load on Allen; however, he has more help on defense than he does on offense. Mount Vernon’s defense has been solid and makes big stops. They have allowed less than three touchdowns per game.

Gladewater was big favorite last season. I’ve seen Mount Vernon twice this year and I think they are as good as last year. I haven’t seen the Bears this year. If does not Allen goes off on numerous big scores or Mount Vernon makes a bunch of mistakes I’ll go with the Tigers.

Can't wait to watch.

District championships From a website I look at. Had to count out Gladewaters since they only keep track of schools with 20 or more, including shared. 

Gladewater- 20 with this year

Mount Vernon-21 with this year

White oak- 30

Tatum- 28 

Carthage-31 with this year 

Gilmer- 37 with this year 

Daingerfield- 37

Newton -37

Jasper-40

Kilgore-22 with this year 

Jefferson- 20

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

District championships From a website I look at. Had to count out Gladewaters since they only keep track of schools with 20 or more, including shared. 

Gladewater- 20 with this year

Mount Vernon-21 with this year

White oak- 30

Tatum- 28 

Carthage-31 with this year 

Gilmer- 37 with this year 

Daingerfield- 37

Newton -37

Jasper-40

Kilgore-22 with this year 

Jefferson- 20

Pretty cool info. One other thing I noticed is region 2 this year the final 4 are all district champs. Doesn’t seem to happen too often 

5 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Pretty cool info. One other thing I noticed is region 2 this year the final 4 are all district champs. Doesn’t seem to happen too often 

Yeah West kinda flyin under the radar. Don’t think anyone saw them making it this far at the beginning of the season. Some of our schools have some catching up to do though.@Bclove05 Sabine a long ways off lol. 

1 minute ago, Racer55 said:

Yeah West kinda flyin under the radar. Don’t think anyone saw them making it this far at the beginning of the season. Some of our schools have some catching up to do though.@Bclove05 Sabine a long ways off lol. 

I feel like the last 4 teams in region 2 are evenly matched. It’s going to come down to turnovers, penalties, and who wants it more. These next two weeks should be some awesome games. 

4 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I feel like the last 4 teams in region 2 are evenly matched. It’s going to come down to turnovers, penalties, and who wants it more. These next two weeks should be some awesome games. 

Also gonna try to keep up with the trick plays as well this week if the games are streamed. Be awesome to see a double reverse or flea flicker td lol. Or on defense would be interesting to see a 3-4 D go to a 5-2 D or certain blitzes. I think Tatum at one time ran a 5-2. When I played DT at WO we went from 4-3 to 3-4 sometimes and flexed the Tackles a lot and did twists and stunts a good bit. I don’t see that kinda stuff often at all anymore. Anyone see a team run a 5-2 on D anymore? Always was a fan of that Defense.

6 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Also gonna try to keep up with the trick plays as well this week if the games are streamed. Be awesome to see a double reverse or flea flicker td lol. Or on defense would be interesting to see a 3-4 D go to a 5-2 D or certain blitzes. I think Tatum at one time ran a 5-2. When I played DT at WO we went from 4-3 to 3-4 sometimes and flexed the Tackles a lot and did twists and stunts a good bit. I don’t see that kinda stuff often at all anymore. Anyone see a team run a 5-2 on D anymore? Always was a fan of that Defense.

Celina runs some crazy stuff too on D 

30 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Carthage, China S, WOS and Bellville same way………..Mart’s district has all 4 teams still in - and of course 2 games this week between the 4 district teams. 

15 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

A lot of teams run a 5 - 2 against wing t/slot t………..Carthage often goes to only one safety against those offenses. 

2 hours ago, VZCR said:

Gladewater’s offense centers on D. J. Allen and that is pretty good hand to rely on. Mount Vernon’s offense revolves around a good passing QB and a crop of good receivers and an outstanding RB. Both offensive lines are very capable. Defensively the Bears put a load on Allen; however, he has more help on defense than he does on offense. Mount Vernon’s defense has been solid and makes big stops. They have allowed less than three touchdowns per game.

Gladewater was big favorite last season. I’ve seen Mount Vernon twice this year and I think they are as good as last year. I haven’t seen the Bears this year. If does not Allen goes off on numerous big scores or Mount Vernon makes a bunch of mistakes I’ll go with the Tigers.

Can't wait to watch.

It's evident by your comment that you haven't seen the Bears this year. DJ has plenty of help on offense. SMH

25 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

It's evident by your comment that you haven't seen the Bears this year. DJ has plenty of help on offense. SMH

Yeah I was gonna say the same. Heck we didn’t even unleash DJ until this past week and people were making comments we needed to use him more lol. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, VZCR said:

Can't wait to watch.

How do the Bears put a load on Allen? He plays CB... He normally stays on the left side of the defense and covers the outside WR.....? That is a load? 

Our defense is the ultimate TEAM defense. 

30 minutes ago, Mtvcats said:

Mt Vernon Comes Out In the first half with an explosive Offense and a defense Like a brick wall... MV 21 GW10

IF GW doesn't score AT LEAST 30 in this game I will personally donate $100 to the charity of your choice.... MV aint holding GW to 10 points