Gladewater (9-2) vs. Mt. Vernon (12-0) 3rd Round

BearFan13

Who ya got?   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

14 minutes ago, Treyclark said:

Not fair weathered at all... hadn't been on in few days or I would have taken the bet... 

The appearance of being a fair weather fan is high with this one. Coming out to talk smack after a win shows how fair the weather is in MVU. Just joining Smoaky the year after a semi finals appearance smh 

16 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

The appearance of being a fair weather fan is high with this one. Coming out to talk smack after a win shows how fair the weather is in MVU. Just joining Smoaky the year after a semi finals appearance smh 

Think what you want.  No reason to be on the site until last year as I didn't stay informed because my focus was on my daughters softball teams.  Know quite a few of the boys so thought I would join.  As far as the bet it was more of a joke.  I guess when you have nothing better to do with your life than sit on a forums page then you are a super fan which I strive to be but I can never reach your level.  Have a good day sir and Go Tigers

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Treyclark said:

Think what you want.  No reason to be on the site until last year as I didn't stay informed because my focus was on my daughters softball teams.  Know quite a few of the boys so thought I would join.  As far as the bet it was more of a joke.  I guess when you have nothing better to do with your life than sit on a forums page then you are a super fan which I strive to be but I can never reach your level.  Have a good day sir and Go Tigers

Super fan u say? Lol I’ve heard it all now. My post count is low compared to a lot of other posters. Just don’t like fair weather supporters. Over the years we’ve seen a lot come and go and us that love our towns and football would honestly like to see more of the new posters stay around and be involved longer than a couple years. If no one has welcomed you, then welcome to SDC, have fun, and stay a while. 

Great job MV. I thought the Tiger defense put together their best performance of the season. The glaring issue came to light when GW couldn’t run the ball with any success which would force the Bears to have to throw but the person you want to be throwing to is playing QB. GW definitely didn’t do themselves any favors with the mistakes especially early on when they had a chance to go up 14-0. Might or might not have made a difference but the momentum might’ve changed. 

Don’t judge a fan by the amount of time they spend on an app or website chat.  Life gets busy sometimes and football hits low on the totem pole at certain stages of life.  Fair weather fans, nah…but fair weather football chats?…yeah maybe.  I just recently found some of these places to talk football or read about football discussions and I enjoy it up to a point.    Enjoyed watching the game and rewatching it today on nfhs.  On to next week.