#4 West Orange-Stark vs. #6 Bellville

RETIREDFAN1

WOS vs. Bellville  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

19 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

Some of us aren’t that familiar with Newton.  What class school are they?

So your saying that the Newton Eagles are not very good.   Now that’s funny.   Again, looks like another Carthage comparison on your post regarding Waskom and Carthage JV.   How original.  

We all know the Bulldogs are in a class by themselves until someone knocks them off.   

1 minute ago, BlackShirtD said:

So your saying that the Newton Eagles are not very good.   Now that’s funny.   Again, looks like another Carthage comparison.   How original.    

Nobody ever said Newton was not a good football team. Ask your self how for any Newton team could go in the playoffs if they were in 4A. 
My guess 2nd maybe 3rd round. 
Hard to advance in 4A with half your players going both ways. 
How many times has Newton beat Gilmer. That’s right 0

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Nobody ever said Newton was not a good football team. Ask your self how for any Newton team could go in the playoffs if they were in 4A. 

BevBrown is not saying it but he sure is implying that 3a football is not equivalent to 4a with the Waskom vs. Newton comment and the Carthage JV bit.    I take that as he is stating Newton being on the Mustang schedule is irrelevant.   The Eagles can and have always been a relevant opponent.   

12 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Your last sentence is wrong... newton beat the bux a few seasons ago

5 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

BevBrown is not saying it but he sure is implying that 3a football is not equivalent to 4a with the Waskom vs. Newton comment and the Carthage JV bit.    I take that as he is stating Newton being on the Mustang schedule is irrelevant.   The Eagles can and have always been a relevant opponent.   

I have known mr Brown for almost 50 years and can tell you there is not a bigger fan of high school football anywhere in the state. He was not degrading Newton at all. His comment was directed at WOS schedule. WOS, Gilmer, Carthage, and many others have problems scheduling non district games. It comes with winning. 

11 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Hmmmmm........Most on Smoaky consider tonights game between Waskom and Newton a tossup...........So, If Carthage schedules Waskom for 2022 and 2023, are they scheduling a relevant opponent, since Newton is relevant to WOS  ?

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I have known mr Brown for almost 50 years and can tell you there is not a bigger fan of high school football anywhere in the state. He was not degrading Newton at all. His comment was directed at WOS schedule. WOS, Gilmer, Carthage, and many others have problems scheduling non district games. It comes with winning. 

If he is such a HS football fan then why is he not familiar with the Newton Eagles?   IMO a HS football fan should know a little something about the Newton Eagles and the WT Johnson story.   He said in a earlier post he is not familiar with them.   Does he live under a rock?

4 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Hmmmmm........Most on Smoaky consider tonights game between Waskom and Newton a tossup...........So, If Carthage schedules Waskom for 2022 and 2023, are they scheduling a relevant opponent, since Newton is relevant to WOS  ?

Yes, yes and more yes’s.   Waskom is very much a quality opponent.  AGAIN, Carthage is in a league of its own so please stop with the Carthage comparison’s.   LORD OF THE RINGS

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

If he is such a HS football fan then why is he not familiar with the Newton Eagles?   IMO a HS football fan should know a little something about the Newton Eagles and the WT Johnson story.   He said in a earlier post he is not familiar with them.   Does he live under a rock?

He is pulling your chain.  Bevbrown 100% knows who Newton is.  Again this isn’t about Newton, it’s about WOS schedule.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Yes, yes and more yes’s.   Waskom is very much a quality opponent.  AGAIN, Carthage is in a league of its own so please stop with the Carthage comparison’s.   LORD OF THE RINGS

I disagree I guess. Waskom and Newton are not ideal quality opponents IF you can schedule good teams in your classification or the classifications above. That’s not a diss on Waskom or Newton, but in general playing up its more difficult and you will not be as successful usually. And I capped IF because I know it’s harder for some  depending on geography. 

If you can’t, then sure I wouldn’t mind playing the BEST team I could find from the classification below my team. I believe Iron sharpens iron and you have to play the best to be the best. Scheduling good teams on your level with enrollment closer to yours is ideal to get prepared!

3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

So your saying that the Newton Eagles are not very good.   Now that’s funny.   Again, looks like another Carthage comparison on your post regarding Waskom and Carthage JV.   How original.  

We all know the Bulldogs are in a class by themselves until someone knocks them off.   

Newton is very good. Great program at that level. But there’s a reason they do classifications. Newton can compete against bigger schools, but they couldn’t compete consistently.

just a fan of football here speaking from the peanut gallery.

if ever your team is considered as the # 1 small school in the NATION going wire to wire(as Newton did 2018).  Along the way that season in 3 consecutive weeks beating quality teams that are at least 2 divisions higher decisively (including Gilmer 51-31). Ya probably have a fairly decent team who that year I would bet my house they would have at least if not more would make quarter finals in 4A (either division of it, take your pick)

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

just a fan of football here speaking from the peanut gallery.

if ever your team is considered as the # 1 small school in the NATION going wire to wire(as Newton did 2018).  Along the way that season in 3 consecutive weeks beating quality teams that are at least 2 divisions higher decisively (including Gilmer 51-31). Ya probably have a fairly decent team who that year I would bet my house they would have at least if not more would make quarter finals in 4A (either division of it, take your pick)

Truly right, but that’s one season. Most years they would struggle in 4A due to lack of depth. Newton would make the playoffs most every year in 4A. But these days that doesn’t mean much.