Mount Vernon Vs. Gladewater - Friday - Sulphur Springs - 7:00 

Malakoff Vs. West - Friday - Mesquite - 2:00

Region III

Little River Academy Vs. Diboll - Friday - College Station HS - 6:00

Lorena Vs. Columbus - Friday - Texas State - 1:30 

Region IV

San Diego Vs. Industrial - Friday - Sant Antonio (Heroes) - 7:00

Lago Vista Vs. Edna - Friday - Seguin - 1:00 

For the most part, this division has been playing out as expected through the first few rounds of the playoffs.  In region I, I'm not shocked to see Whitesboro in this position as it seems like they make a little run every year.  Jim Ned/Brock is the biggest game of this round for obvious reasons.  I said that I felt 4 or 5 teams in region II could win the region, and they're all still here.  The other team - Grandview - was taken down in impressive fashion by Gladewater in the area round.  Malakoff has rolled up a 101-0 scoring advantage thus far.  Those should be two excellent games to watch.  Diboll is probably the biggest surprise team at this point, as they have yet to give up a point in the first 2 rounds.  I was at the Hallettsville/Diboll game, and the defensive performance was impressive, holding the Brahmas to 140 total yards.  D12 has been a disappointment and Columbus is here but it has been a bit of a struggle.  I feel Lorena is the biggest favorite out of any region at this point.  We had some tight games and blowouts in the area round out of region IV, and I've definitely been most impressed with Edna thus far.  London was undefeated going into this week but the SOS was not there and it showed versus Lago Vista.  

Who advances?

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

Region I 

Shallowater Vs. Whitesboro - Friday - ACU - 1:00

Jim Ned Vs. Brock - Friday - Brownwood - 2:00

Region II

Mount Vernon Vs. Gladewater - Friday - Sulphur Springs - 7:00 

Malakoff Vs. West - Friday - Mesquite - 2:00

Region III

Little River Academy Vs. Diboll - Friday - College Station HS - 6:00

Lorena Vs. Columbus - Friday - Texas State - 1:30 

Region IV

San Diego Vs. Industrial - Friday - Sant Antonio (Heroes) - 7:00

Lago Vista Vs. Edna - Friday - Seguin - 1:00 

For the most part, this division has been playing out as expected through the first few rounds of the playoffs.  In region I, I'm not shocked to see Whitesboro in this position as it seems like they make a little run every year.  Jim Ned/Brock is the biggest game of this round for obvious reasons.  I said that I felt 4 or 5 teams in region II could win the region, and they're all still here.  The other team - Grandview - was taken down in impressive fashion by Gladewater in the area round.  Malakoff has rolled up a 101-0 scoring advantage thus far.  Those should be two excellent games to watch.  Diboll is probably the biggest surprise team at this point, as they have yet to give up a point in the first 2 rounds.  I was at the Hallettsville/Diboll game, and the defensive performance was impressive, holding the Brahmas to 140 total yards.  D12 has been a disappointment and Columbus is here but it has been a bit of a struggle.  I feel Lorena is the biggest favorite out of any region at this point.  We had some tight games and blowouts in the area round out of region IV, and I've definitely been most impressed with Edna thus far.  London was undefeated going into this week but the SOS was not there and it showed versus Lago Vista.  

Who advances?

Used this for our facebook page..thanks

2 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

I agree I think Lorena will be in the SC game. 

Yep they are as balanced as any team in 3ad1... If you load the box to spot the run they will pass it and if you stop the pass they will run it. Kinda like pick your poison. Plus the defense is playing lights out right now. Gonna be hard to beat them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Region 1 and 2 still has a lot of uncertainty. Could come down to penalties and turnovers in some of the games this week. Be interesting to see if any teams have any tricks up their sleeves in the playbooks this week. 

We ran a half back pass from Lewis To Allen then split Allen and it at WR on two obvious passing downs. One was a fade to Allen for a TD and one was a fade to Lewis for a TD. Hadn’t seen Allen at WR since he was moved to QB. 

4 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

We ran a half back pass from Lewis To Allen then split Allen and it at WR on two obvious passing downs. One was a fade to Allen for a TD and one was a fade to Lewis for a TD. Hadn’t seen Allen at WR since he was moved to QB. 

Nice, I’m wanting to keep track of any play calling changes these next couple weeks on both sides of the ball. Interesting to see which team does what when they need to. Looking forward to some good games this year.

55 minutes ago, titanz said:

Would like to see more east Tx schools update their stats

I've been thinking about it for several years starting a thread with Gladewater stats that I keep but wasn't sure if anyone cared. I keep more than just game stats but since mine aren't official and because I'm old and I might have missed something here or there I haven't done it. I love doing stats but it's easy for most on here to go to a website like Maxpreps and get official stats. Also I don't keep tackles unless it is major in the game. Also it's hard for me to keep both offensive and defensive stats especially when our opponents are running hurry up, so I stick with doing the offense. 

46 minutes ago, PepperBrooks said:

West, GW, Koff, or Lorena. One of those is taking state this year. 

Idk, Brock is looking good as always though. Thinking Lorena should end up in state, but Brock and the rest of the region 2 teams are all good. Jim Ned looking good too, but I think Brock ends up in the semi finals. Reg 1 vs Reg 2 semi finals should be a close game IMO.

9 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Idk, Brock is looking good as always though. Thinking Lorena should end up in state, but Brock and the rest of the region 2 teams are all good. Jim Ned looking good too, but I think Brock ends up in the semi finals. Reg 1 vs Reg 2 semi finals should be a close game IMO.

Think Edna probably poses the biggest threat to Lorena on that side of the bracket. Never been a huge believer in Industrial. LRA just doesn't have the horses to hang. It's definitely Lorena's to lose on that side 

4 minutes ago, PepperBrooks said:

Think Edna probably poses the biggest threat to Lorena on that side of the bracket. Never been a huge believer in Industrial. LRA just doesn't have the horses to hang. It's definitely Lorena's to lose on that side 

Agree with you on this.