5A D1 R2 Semi-Final: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-3) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-1)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2021 at 08:00 PM

1 minute ago, WolverBean said:

Mark it tie game 2mins left Willie picks  it off class lobo drive down set up for kicker  to nail 30-40 yard game winning fg with single digit seconds left Bos win shocking state 💪🐺

No doubt would love for it to happen, but I'd have to see it to believe it.

It's actually amazing, with all the field goal endings we have, we have never had a game winning field goal actually happen in the post season. Obviously, we've had plenty of overtime and/or missed field goals/missed extra points that ended the game for us...but never an actual under a minute to go field goal that won it for us.

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

It's actually amazing, with all the field goal endings we have, we have never had a game winning field goal actually happen in the post season. Obviously, we've had plenty of overtime and/or missed field goals/missed extra points that ended the game for us...but never an actual under a minute to go field goal that won it for us.

Always time for the first one 🐺 be one our best recent wins for sure .

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

All games over our history that came down to some sort of kick.

1947 Bi-District - Lufkin missed extra point in the 3rd quarter, Lobos won 7-6.
1975 State Semi-Final - Longview missed extra point in the 4th quarter, Permian won 10-9.
1996 State Quarterfinal - Longview missed extra point in the 3rd quarter, Killeen Ellison won 17-16.
2002 State Quarterfinal - Lufkin kicks a 27-yard field goal in last 15 seconds to win, 24-21.
2005 Bi-District - Longview missed field goal in the last 30 seconds, South Garland won 14-13.
2006 Area - Longview has field goal blocked with 5 seconds left, Garland won 24-21.
2014 Area - Longview missed field goal in final seconds, Mansfield Lake Ridge won 37-35.
2015 Area - Mansfield Summit missed an extra point in the 4th quarter then missed a field goal on their next possession, Longview won 21-20.
2015 State Quarterfinal - Longview missed field goal in final 30 seconds, Mansfield Lake Ridge won 56-35.
2016 Bi-District - Longview missed field goal in the final 30 seconds, Beaumont West Brook won 34-33.
2017 State Semi-Final - Longview missed two field goals in the final quarter, one with less than 20 seconds to go, Waco Midway won 28-26.
2019 Area - Longview missed an extra point in the 2nd quarter, ultimately led to two more missed two point conversions, Dallas Jesuit won 27-25.

Good times.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

All games over our history that came down to some sort of kick.

1947 Bi-District - Lufkin missed extra point in the 3rd quarter, Lobos won 7-6.
1975 State Semi-Final - Longview missed extra point in the 4th quarter, Permian won 10-9.
1996 State Quarterfinal - Longview missed extra point in the 3rd quarter, Killeen Ellison won 17-16.
2002 State Quarterfinal - Lufkin kicks a 27-yard field goal in last 15 seconds to win, 24-21.
2005 Bi-District - Longview missed field goal in the last 30 seconds, South Garland won 14-13.
2006 Area - Longview has field goal blocked with 5 seconds left, Garland won 24-21.
2014 Area - Longview missed field goal in final seconds, Mansfield Lake Ridge won 37-35.
2015 Area - Mansfield Summit missed an extra point in the 4th quarter then missed a field goal on their next possession, Longview won 21-20.
2015 State Quarterfinal - Longview missed field goal in final 30 seconds, Mansfield Lake Ridge won 56-35.
2016 Bi-District - Longview missed field goal in the final 30 seconds, Beaumont West Brook won 34-33.
2017 State Semi-Final - Longview missed two field goals in the final quarter, one with less than 20 seconds to go, Waco Midway won 28-26.
2019 Area - Longview missed an extra point in the 2nd quarter, ultimately led to two more missed two point conversions, Dallas Jesuit won 27-25.

Good times.

Good times. Lol. With the exception of the first two on the list. I personally witnessed the remainder in person. 2019 was tough, but 05 was a brutal one.  Losing to Lufkin for a third time in 02 was tough. The only team we lost to that year.....

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

Good times. Lol. With the exception of the first two on the list. I personally witnessed the remainder in person. 2019 was tough, but 05 was a brutal one.  Losing to Lufkin for a third time in 02 was tough. The only team we lost to that year.....

We lost to Lee at Rose in 02 as well...haven't lost to Lee in Tyler since lol

13 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think people forget that Lee loss because we avenged it later that year in sorta lopsided fashion.

02 was all about getting by Lufkin, and we just couldn't do it. Joel gave it his all too. Almost, but no cigar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I think people forget that Lee loss because we avenged it later that year in sorta lopsided fashion.

Didn't Owens sit like half of that Lee team when they came to Lobo for some reason? Why do I remember it like that?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

We lost to Lee at Lobo in 03. Haven't lost to them at all since then. And none of the games have really been close other than the OT game the next year and the "go-for-two" game later that year. I guess there was one year when they were down by 8 or so but never really even tried to score. 

19 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Didn't Owens sit like half of that Lee team when they came to Lobo for some reason? Why do I remember it like that?

We were up 24-14 and he sat them the last quarter and a half. Nobody really knows why. 

Remember, they swept Lufkin that year so they pretty well had the district championship locked up, even with 1 loss to Longview. He probably just wanted to rest his players and didn't care about that one loss. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

We lost to Lee at Lobo in 03. Haven't lost to them at all since then. And none of the games have really been close other than the OT game the next year and the "go-for-two" game later that year. I guess there was one year when they were down by 8 or so but never really even tried to score. 

Meant to say have lost to them there since. My bad.

I wouldn’t say we haven’t had close games since though.

Obviously 03 in the go for two game and 04 with the OT game where they blew a 14 point lead. 2007 we were down 12-7 entering the 4th. 2010 we were down 17-14 entering the 4th. 

More recently it’s been close first half then we pull away. 2016 we were tied at half then 21-0 in 2nd half, last year was 16-14 at half then another 21-0 in 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Meant to say have lost to them there since. My bad.

I wouldn’t say we haven’t had close games since though.

Obviously 03 in the go for two game and 04 with the OT game where they blew a 14 point lead. 2007 we were down 12-7 entering the 4th. 2010 we were down 17-14 entering the 4th. 

More recently it’s been close first half then we pull away. 2016 we were tied at half then 21-0 in 2nd half, last year was 16-14 at half then another 21-0 in 2nd half. 

You did say there (or in Tyler anyway). I was just going further to say they haven’t beaten us at all. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 3:31 PM, jbabi86 said:

2015...keep running the ball😡

• Like 2