4A-D2 Region 2 Semi-final. Quinlan Ford(12-0) vs Pleasant Grove(7-5), Friday 1 PM Mt. Pleasant's Sam Parker Field

HornetSenior

Region 2 Semi-final   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Quinlan Ford
    • Pleasant Grove

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2021 at 07:00 PM

11 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Thoughts?

I think this game has the potential to look similar to the game both teams just had. A back and forth, nail biter. Another quick game as well! 

I have not seen PG since their loss to Carthage, but believe I read they got their star QB back from injury who had been out all year pretty much. Idk what is going to happen here but I’m willing to bet it will be a great game. Winner gets Van or Gilmer! 

53 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I think this game has the potential to look similar to the game both teams just had. A back and forth, nail biter. Another quick game as well! 

I have not seen PG since their loss to Carthage, but believe I read they got their star QB back from injury who had been out all year pretty much. Idk what is going to happen here but I’m willing to bet it will be a great game. Winner gets Van or Gilmer! 

I believe the QB is still wearing a cast. They went with the Freshman QB versus Glen Rose. I'm expecting another close game also, possibly in the 30's-40's for both teams.

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

PG wins.  QF is 1 dimensional and PG will stop QF more than QF will stop PG.

PG 32

QF 21

QF can pass when they need too. They mixed the pass and run to score in a little over one minute at the end of the first half versus Pitt.  Running game is a multi-dimensional with 4 positions as options to get the ball. I don't see PG holding Quinlan under 5 Tds. 

QF 35

PG 31

2 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

PG wins.  QF is 1 dimensional and PG will stop QF more than QF will stop PG.

PG 32

QF 21

Last week another East Texas Team said the team they were about to play is one dimensional and then gave up 537 yds and 7 Td's to that one dimension and lost 56-42.

• Like 1

This game looks like a close one.  Playoff experience favors PG, but QF has a good team this year.  I think PG has also had a much tougher schedule, and that might give them a bit of an edge.  I think this game is within a score either way, but I think PG will pull it off.

I agree PG should win, but every year one team gets hungry enough to take the “next step” doe a program. PG has been there and done that.  I think they know this isn’t going to get their year, and I am thinking QF digs deep and finds a way to win a winnable game. I’ll swim up stream on this one. Give me QF by 6 with their defense making a last minute stop to send PG to the gym.