🏈🏈 FCS PLAYOFFS ROUND 1: SFA @ Incarnate Word 🏈🏈

RETIREDFAN1

SFA @ Incarnate Word  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

SHSU Top Seed, SFA Earns At-Large Bid To 2021 FCS Playoffs

SHSU Top Seed, SFA Earns At-Large Bid To 2021 FCS Playoffs
Posted: Nov 21, 2021

INDIANAPOLIS - The Sam Houston Bearkats knew they were in the field. Stephen F. Austin had to sweat it out. In the end, both teams heard their names called during the FCS Selection Show on Sunday morning.

The Bearkats, winners of 21 straight, earned the top-overall seed in the 24-team tournament. Sam Houston, who won the delayed 2020 FCS title in May, earned one of eight first-round byes.

Waiting for Sam Houston will be the winner of current WAC member Stephen F. Austin and future WAC member Incarnate Word. The Lumberjacks and Cardinals will meet on Saturday at Tom and Gayle Benson Stadium in San Antonio.

Games through the national semifinals will be played on campus sites at the higher seed. The 2021 FCS National Championship game is scheduled for Jan. 8, 2022 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas.

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to 🏈🏈 FCS PLAYOFFS ROUND 1: SFA @ Incarnate Word 🏈🏈

I'm assuming they are the higher seed and Southland Conference Champs. UIW was ranked 13th in the Country through 11/22. SFA was ranked 20th. I'm taking UIW. Don't think the home field advantage will be much considering Benson Stadium holds less than 10,000. Should be a good game just believe the Cardinals will have too much firepower on Offense. 

I had previously seen the UIW attendance numbers for the season and it is BAD. Their largest crowd was a tick above 3,000. SFA averaged over 8,800 a game. Going to be a lot of purple there Saturday...

That said this is strength on strength. UIW offense vs SFA defense. Gimme the Jacks in this one...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Man this was a good ball game. Great season for SFA. Great to see them back in the playoffs. Was really wanting to see them and Sam again. 

Great game! I'm guessing they put all the Texas schools in the same bracket for travel, but tough for the winner of this game to have to play the National Champs. Good season for SFA! I still think they were crazy not to hire Traylor, but the Coach from Commerce has done well.

• Like 2