Gunter v Dublin @ HEB Pennington Field Friday @ 2:00pm

2Punks

3 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

GT big. No competition for them in R2 besides Holliday, and Holliday didn’t look very good last week.

I was surprised and disappointed by HERO last week. Didn’t look like what I’m used to seeing from them. Oh well, maybe we’ll see Bells in the region game.

Looks like Dublin throws every play.   Gunter has defended the pass very well.   QBs have not found any receivers open for the most part and   the Tigers bring pressure.  Defensive backs are fast and long - especially if Graham (QB) comes in and plays safety though he very seldom plays on defense .  He signed with Tech as a safety and he is an excellent safety but just not needed so far.  Cooper Wade has a great nose for the ball playing centerfield.  Gunter has defended against the run very well also.  Gunter average scores 52-9 against better competition and Dublin 33-27.  Gunter wins big and plays either Holliday or a rematch with Bells for the region II final.

The tigers may run the pistol option but they will run a play about every 10 seconds.  Drives don't take very long.

Dublin lost by 3 to Millsap who Gunter just beat 62-12, running the clock 7 minutes into the 2nd quarter and playing JV players the rest of the game.  Halfime was 62-0.

I don't know what happened with Childress vs Stanton - seemed like it would be an  impossible result.  But I will be shocked if Dublin comes within 21.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 12:48 PM, wingtveer said:

I’m ready for some Gunter tigers football!!  Dublin may have a good passing gm , but man coverage will allow time for a good pass rush ,gently positioning their qb on the turf. IMO 

Yep I agree.  i don't believe they will make a living against the Gunter defense.  I expect the receivers will have tight coverage and no cushion because the speed of the DBs.  I don't believe the QB will get past his first read very often, before the "gentle" sack or throw away.  My guess is Dublin gets 100 yards passing and  40 rushing.

3 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Yep I agree.  i don't believe they will make a living against the Gunter defense.  I expect the receivers will have tight coverage and no cushion because the speed of the DBs.  I don't believe the QB will get past his first read very often, before the "gentle" sack or throw away.  My guess is Dublin gets 100 yards passing and  40 rushing.

Yes sir. You’re right.. That defense is tenacious. They swarm to the ball and strike you pretty good. I just want them to stay healthy. 

Dublin had more success throwing the ball against Gunter's defense than I expected.   The passes they completed were executed well. Perfect throws into coverage and great catches though the QB was under considerable pressure all day.  Great game plan, they have not run the ball at all this year and they broke it out in this game to keep us off balance and it worked to some extent, slowing down our pass rush.  Excellent game plan by Dublin, and we gave up more points (20) than we had all year.  Though Dublin had no luck slowing down Gunter's offense which scored 55 (kickoff return by our speedy QB accounted for 7 of the 62).

Dublin could be very dangerous next year if they can come up with any kind of defense.

• Like 1