Shouldn't the State Championship Be Played in Austin?

micotrav

Sate Championship at the State Capital  

116 members have voted

1. 1. State Championship at the State Capital

• Yes, play the championship game in Austin-State Capital of Texas
    • No, continue to play the championship at AT&T Stadium

16 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

What he meant? I wasn’t replying to him. I was answering the question you asked. SMH

Who cares what you or someone else thinks about a song being changed? ask the kids what they want and let everyone else's opinion be just that... 😴 moving along now 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 1:04 PM, MrFleet23 said:

Folks saying no because Austin is liberal. Like Dallas, San Antonio and  Houston aren't liberal cities. Smh

True.

But you ever been drinking at a party or a bar and you knew you were stumblin' drunk, but you looked over at this guy in the corner who was reallywasted, like passed out in his own vomit and bodily fluids and his friends have been drawing ugly and embarrassing things on his face, and said, "Whoa, that guy is really drunk."?

Yeah, that's Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio bein' liberal and lookin' at Austin...

On 12/4/2021 at 7:35 AM, JETT said:

In what ways are they football related? Your on the sports side of the website not political SMH

The fans and the kids still have to go spend time in the city, aside from the football game.  The policies of that city make it a bad place to be.

Plus, they don't have a domed stadium, which will lead to trouble trying to host all the games in one weekend if there is a weather event.

7 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

The fans and the kids still have to go spend time in the city, aside from the football game.  The policies of that city make it a bad place to be.

Plus, they don't have a domed stadium, which will lead to trouble trying to host all the games in one weekend if there is a weather event.

Your first sentence is your opinion and nothing more.... 

44 minutes ago, JETT said:

Your first sentence is your opinion and nothing more.... 

Their decision to defund police and cut the force has already helped lead to the highest number of homicides on record for the city in a calendar year. Almost 50% more than the previous record.

That's just one bad policy decision.

Do Jerry's world one year, NRG the second year, Alamo Dome third year, then repeat the cycle.  I know AT&T has the most prestige, but this moves it around a little bit and offsets the "home field advantage" of DFW-area teams somewhat.

Too bad there's not a venue like those located farther west to give west Texas teams some relief.

There's just no good, domed venues in Austin to do this AFAIK.  I agree with the others here regarding Austin's left-leaning politics, but that's beside the issue for me in the scope of this thread.  The city just doesn't have the venue needed, IMHO, plain and simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

"The fans and the kids still have to go spend time in the city, aside from the football game."

That's an opinion?

Their decision to defund police and cut the force has already helped lead to the highest number of homicides on record for the city in a calendar year. Almost 50% more than the previous record.

That's just one bad policy decision.

Sorry meant the part about politics, take it over to the political side of the forum if you want that discussion... 

11 minutes ago, JETT said:

Sorry meant the part about politics, take it over to the political side of the forum if you want that discussion... 

I will do that, but my comments were about why the game being in Austin is bad for the fans.  We can discuss the how's and why's on the political forum.  But politics and the results of political decisions affect all aspects of our lives.

• Love 1

I will do that, but my comments were about why the game being in Austin is bad for the fans.  We can discuss the how's and why's on the political forum.  But politics and the results of political decisions affect all aspects of our lives.

Yeah for some reason I thought we were discussing venues for championship games... somehow it went political, quick question then I'm done with this conversation- I see where you stand and have read plenty from you on the political side of this site, now Dallas is a great place?

Feel free to answer or don't, I don't care either way... lots of hypocrisy around here.... 

I'm down with @Bonecrushr 's first sentence, but I also have said if they leave it in Dallas I'm cool with that as well.... we go yearly and enjoy ourselves 

1 hour ago, JETT said:

Yeah for some reason I thought we were discussing venues for championship games... somehow it went political, quick question then I'm done with this conversation- I see where you stand and have read plenty from you on the political side of this site, now Dallas is a great place?

Feel free to answer or don't, I don't care either way... lots of hypocrisy around here.... 

I'm down with @Bonecrushr 's first sentence, but I also have said if they leave it in Dallas I'm cool with that as well.... we go yearly and enjoy ourselves 

Last I checked, AT&T Stadium is in Arlington Texas. Not exactly the greatest beacon of freedom in the Great State of Texas, but it’s not downtown Dallas. There is a difference. 

• Like 1

There is no stadium in Austin that can host all games in one weekend.  There are only 3 stadiums in the State that can do this.  It has to be covered and it has to seat a lot of people. 

The Alamodome is a dump and NRG is a LLLOOONNNGGG way from a lot of schools.

If the the games are going to be at the same venue across all divisions and classes, AT&T is the ONLY option.

The only other option is to go back to the old school method of each pairing choosing their own neutral site.  The problem here is that you will not get TV coverage for the smaller class games.  You also will have overlap of games, so you have to choose which game is more important to see (if you’re a college scout this matters).

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 9:19 AM, Bonecrushr said:

Do Jerry's world one year, NRG the second year, Alamo Dome third year, then repeat the cycle.  I know AT&T has the most prestige, but this moves it around a little bit and offsets the "home field advantage" of DFW-area teams somewhat.

Too bad there's not a venue like those located farther west to give west Texas teams some relief.

There's just no good, domed venues in Austin to do this AFAIK.  I agree with the others here regarding Austin's left-leaning politics, but that's beside the issue for me in the scope of this thread.  The city just doesn't have the venue needed, IMHO, plain and simple.

NRG proved to be a flop compared to Jerry's in 2015. Attendance was down, plus hotel accommodations were lacking. Jerry's is also more centrally located than the rest.  Although I prefer Houston area as a city over Dallas area, Arlington football venue is top of the line IMO. 

I love dome stadiums in the hard winter months. The teams can play to their strengths and not be hindered by the snow, rain, sleet or especially hard winds. 

On 12/1/2021 at 1:53 PM, JETT said:

Is this about the kids enjoying a life time experience or about whether a city is blue or red? Who gives a ratz ### how you vote none of these kids vote,  damn I'm tired of politics playing a role in everything these days.... back on topic, I'd love it to be in different places... I'd also like it to be held over 2 weekends but that wouldnever work,  or declare thurs-sat TX HS playoffs holiday LMAO so we fans can attend all games.... it's much easier to attend a game on Fridays and Saturdays rather than Thursdays.... but as long as it's in Dallas I'll keep attending and enjoying the experience... no complaints from me other than pricing on food as another member posted... 

Hard to believe the season ending is upon us.... going to be a long boring off-season 

I seen what happened to ol SloppyJoe and I don't have no #### opinion.

• LOL! 1

On 11/26/2021 at 12:31 PM, wingtveer said:

Heck no to asstin. I’d rather play in bugtussle than there. 

Heck yeah!  Bugtussle is great, parking not so good, but stadium is awesome.  Frognot is just up the road from me, now that is a playoff stadium.