Can anyone answer this question?

ctown81

3 hours ago, Wild74 said:

The question in a roundabout way is black folks can't get the laws changed unless they riot and thieve because white people are racist. 

They could always move somewhere more to their liking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

I know that but I have a sneaky suspicion that the original poster knows little history. I mean he thinks the 1619 project is actually factually correct lol. If you don’t learn from your mistakes your bound to repeat it. Also embracing a party which created this horrible behavior and thus used the very same people to dictate their horrific actions and uses a false perspective that they’re actually helping and are concerned about their God given rights.

If you only knew. 🤣

58 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Actually you make up quite a lot, your own racism will not let you see it....Its called blinders and watching to much BET.

You gave the worst answer to the question ask on the video. Maybe you didn't watch the whole thing. Basically she said name one racist practice or law that did not take protest, wars etc to get rid of them. You know, lawmakers saying my bad we were wrong on this and we'll fix this on our own.

31 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Who was the power behind abolishing slavery?

For Lincoln ending slavery was a byproduct of the war...not the reason for it. He spelled out his thoughts concerning slavery in a wartime letter to the industrialist Horace Greeley " My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause."

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

You gave the worst answer to the question ask on the video. Maybe you didn't watch the whole thing. Basically she said name one racist practice or law that did not take protest, wars etc to get rid of them. You know, lawmakers saying my bad we were wrong on this and we'll fix this on our own.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'lifemello STOP OVERTHINKING. YOU'RE ONLY CREATING PROBLEMS THAT AREN'T THERE.'

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wild74 said:

The question in a roundabout way is black folks can't get the laws changed unless they riot and thieve because white people are racist. 

It's a bogus question, because she asks what law was changed.  Anytime any law is changed there are either letters of protests, actual protests, and in the case of slaver Civil War.  Any person of color including whites have to go through the same process.  

4 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

For Lincoln ending slavery was a byproduct of the war...not the reason for it. He spelled out his thoughts concerning slavery in a wartime letter to the industrialist Horace Greeley " My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause."

You didn’t answer the question. And a president trying to save the union by any means possible doesn’t make him a racist 

4 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

You didn’t answer the question. And a president trying to save the union by any means possible doesn’t make him a racist 

1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

I assumed you were referring to Pres Lincoln. He was a man of his time and while he personally opposed slavery he also believed that blacks were not the equal of whites. I can provide quotes backing up my assertion if you would like. By today's standards that would make him a racist. With that said...it is not really fair to judge people of the past by today's standards.

• Like 1