Can anyone answer this question?

ctown81

5 hours ago, ctown81 said:

So you see no problem with people having to protest and go through other things to get racists laws and practices off the books? It's sad that throughout history, no one could just say "hey we're wrong about this, let's make it right." 

That is in essence a protest as well.  It's a loaded question regardless of any law that has been changed.  Now answer me this what laws on the books are currently racist today ?  

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Let me ask you this: Do you think "alcohol checkpoint" laws are a violation of the 4th Amendment? What about "no refusal weekends"?

Our politicians in the Texas Legislature passed those laws. No one has, as of yet, said that those laws are "wrong" or "unconstitutional". I believe that they are. I think they're both 4th and possibly 5th Amendment violations.

Then you haven't been paying attention or you weren't in the political forum when those laws were brought into question.  If I could find the thread, I would say the majority of us said that they shouldn't be on the books.  

48 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Then you haven't been paying attention or you weren't in the political forum when those laws were brought into question.  If I could find the thread, I would say the majority of us said that they shouldn't be on the books.  

While that may be true, what have we done to actually get these changed? Have our elected politicians done anything? Have any of us brought forth lawsuits against the state? I've written letters, and I'm going to write and call again very soon about those issues.

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

That is in essence a protest as well.  It's a loaded question regardless of any law that has been changed.  Now answer me this what laws on the books are currently racist today ?  

As far as on the books, none directly.

6 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

It's irrelevant to anyone BUT a racist.......or a hungry troll wanting to be fed.......

If you can't think of an answer, you just can't think of an answer. Funny how you call me a racist for asking a question about racism. How does that work?

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

If you can't think of an answer, you just can't think of an answer. Funny how you call me a racist for asking a question about racism. How does that work?

The question is irrelevant and meaningless....its REALLY funny you chose option 1 of the 2 I offered.....

14 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

The question is irrelevant and meaningless....its REALLY funny you chose option 1 of the 2 I offered.....

Like i said in an earlier post, I was hoping for an answer. Honestly it's sad to me, that human beings couldn't determine these atrocities were wrong themselves and abolish them without anyone having to fight for them too. I mean, it's not a pleasant thought that people had to be beaten and killed to get rid of Jim Crow. Trust me, i get no pleasure from this.

27 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

As far as on the books, none directly.

I just saw a meme on facebook, and it's odd that it applies to this thread and it read :  Whenever one person stands up and says, "Wait a minute, this is wrong." It helps others to do the same.  That's how it works with the law.  What's odd is we didn't see massive protests in the 50's when Republicans passed the first Civil Rights Act for all people, except from Democrat politicians.  It wasn't Republicans that were pushing for Jim Crow Laws to continue. 

When I chose to be a die hard Conservative and Republican in the late 70's as a boy it was because of what I saw Democrats do in the past.  Yet now, anything is considered racist by Republicans by Democrats, because it's for all Americans to be equal and not to divide U.S., but unite U.S. each as an individual not based on skin color, but how laws are applicable to all people of color.  There shouldn't be any laws or injustice towards anyone of race.  It should all be equal.  In America people of all races can be rich to poor.  The only way to become either is through hard work regardless of your race.  

20 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Like i said in an earlier post, I was hoping for an answer. Honestly it's sad to me, that human beings couldn't determine these atrocities were wrong themselves and abolish them without anyone having to fight for them too. I mean, it's not a pleasant thought that people had to be beaten and killed to get rid of Jim Crow. Trust me, i get no pleasure from this.

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

On 11/27/2021 at 9:43 AM, ctown81 said:

You're still not understanding the question. We're talking about where the government abolished it without protest, war etc? 

That wasn’t the question. She said name one racist law or practice that white people ended without black people having to campaign or riot for.  The answer is still slavery. As much as that goes against the leftist narrative 

50 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

That wasn’t the question. She said name one racist law or practice that white people ended without black people having to campaign or riot for.  The answer is still slavery. As much as that goes against the leftist narrative 

Pretty sure black people actually campaign for that. Have you heard of freddrick Douglas, bat turner... Etc

On 11/27/2021 at 3:02 PM, Monte1076 said:

Let me ask you this: Do you think "alcohol checkpoint" laws are a violation of the 4th Amendment? What about "no refusal weekends"?

Our politicians in the Texas Legislature passed those laws. No one has, as of yet, said that those laws are "wrong" or "unconstitutional". I believe that they are. I think they're both 4th and possibly 5th Amendment violations.

Yes I do. 

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I see where you're going but no. Are you saying it's on the same level? 

No, I'm not saying they're on the same level. Slavery was, and is, wrong. The civil rights movement was a good thing.

I'm simply asking if the purpose is to ask if we as citizens are the ones who get laws changed, why haven't we held our politicians to account on this issue as well? If alcohol checkpoints and no refusal weekends are unconstitutional, what are we doing about it? Why are we letting them stand?

10 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

No, I'm not saying they're on the same level. Slavery was, and is, wrong. The civil rights movement was a good thing.

I'm simply asking if the purpose is to ask if we as citizens are the ones who get laws changed, why haven't we held our politicians to account on this issue as well? If alcohol checkpoints and no refusal weekends are unconstitutional, what are we doing about it? Why are we letting them stand?

Honestly I never thought about that law until you just brought it up. I imagine a lot of others on the same too. 

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Honestly I never thought about that law until you just brought it up. I imagine a lot of others on the same too. 

Isn't it like that with most laws, though?

But now that you know, are you going to take action on a law that you agree is unconstitutional?

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Isn't it like that with most laws, though?

But now that you know, are you going to take action on a law that you agree is unconstitutional?

Nope, not at all. More of a fan of people not driving drunk and killing others than the constitution. Come on man, give me something apples to apples. Moral and unconstitutional are two different things to me. It shouldn't take drastic measures to change certain things.

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

A couple of better questions ...

Name one issue liberals won't inject race into?

When are black people going to realize the left is just exploiting them for votes?

Start a thread with this question. I promise to answer the question OR admit I have no answer if if have none. Just be sure to tag me so I'll know.

9 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Nope, not at all. More of a fan of people not driving drunk and killing others than the constitution. Come on man, give me something apples to apples. Moral and unconstitutional are two different things to me. It shouldn't take drastic measures to change certain things.

I'm not a fan of people driving drunk, either. But you admitted yourself that no refusal weekends and checkpoints are unconstitutional. I want drunk drivers off the street, too. But that's what we get warrants for. I don't think it follows to want a "fair justice system" and at the same time say that you're basically OK with violating the Constitution as long as it keeps drunks off the street.

Moral and constitutional are different things to me, too. But they can overlap. I can find something moral that is deemed unconstitutional. And I can find something immoral that is deemed constitutional. Just like I can look at something that is both moral and Constitutional.

• Like 1