🏉🏉🏉Daingerfield vs Waskom Regional Championship Friday 7PM at Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches🏆🏆🏆

GenoDaField357

Quarterfinals  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• Daingerfield Tigers (11-2)
    • Waskom Wildcats (12-1)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:00 AM

6 hours ago, Pax said:

Waskom scoring 55.5 a game vs teams that give up 26.9 per game (+28.6).  Also holding teams to 11.4 who score 31.0 per game (+19.6).  Total swing for Waskom = +48.2.

Daingerfield scoring 45.4 per game vs teams that allow 25.2 per game (+20.2) and holding teams that score 34.1 per game to 18.4 (+15.7).  Total swing for Daingerfield = +35.9.

This is considering all games played including pre-district.  Predicted score based on these games is Waskom 44, Daingerfield 29.

Considering only playoff games, both teams have stepped it up - Daingerfield more so compared to their regular season.  Waskom is scoring 53.3 per game vs teams that give up 20.9 (+32.4) and holding teams that score 20.9 per game to 11.0 (+24.4).  Swing in the playoffs would be a +56.8 for Waskom.  For Daingerfield, they are scoring 52.0 per game vs teams that only give up 16.1 per game (+35.9) and they are holding teams that score 39.0 per game to 17.7 (+21.3) for a total swing of +57.2 in the playoffs.  Based on playoff games, I still get a Waskom win, but much closer at 41-38.

Both teams score a lot of points, and both teams have solid defenses.  It makes sense to only consider competent opponents - those that also score a lot or have good defenses, so...

When only considering opponents of each team that hold teams to fewer than 20 points per game, Waskom - having played 3 opponents that hold teams to fewer than 20 ppg - score 37.3 per game vs these opponents.  Those three opponents give up 14.1 per game on average, giving Waskom a +23.3 on offense.

Daingerfield has played 6 opponents that hold teams to fewer than 20 points per game, so double the sample size.  In other words, they have played a lot more better defenses.  Those 6 teams give up 16.5 ppg on average and DF is scoring 42.3 ppg against these teams for a +25.8 offensive swing.

Waskom has played 3 teams that average more than 35 points per game, and those 3 teams average 47.9 per game overall, and Waskom holds those teams to 22.3 per game for a +25.6 on the defensive swing.  Daingerfield has played 6 teams that average over 35 per game - those 6 teams averaging 41.1 per game and DF holding them to 23.2 per game for a defensive swing of 17.9.

Waskom has a significant defensive advantage here I think.  Overall - considering opponents that hold teams to fewer than 20 points per game and teams that average over 35 per game, the overall swing is +48.9 for Waskom and +43.7 for Daingerfield.

Of course you never know with these teams, but these are the numbers, and they have Waskom in a close one.  I'll take Waskom in a 44-29 win.

Lord have mercy! 

7 hours ago, Pax said:

Waskom scoring 55.5 a game vs teams that give up 26.9 per game (+28.6).  Also holding teams to 11.4 who score 31.0 per game (+19.6).  Total swing for Waskom = +48.2.

Daingerfield scoring 45.4 per game vs teams that allow 25.2 per game (+20.2) and holding teams that score 34.1 per game to 18.4 (+15.7).  Total swing for Daingerfield = +35.9.

This is considering all games played including pre-district.  Predicted score based on these games is Waskom 44, Daingerfield 29.

Considering only playoff games, both teams have stepped it up - Daingerfield more so compared to their regular season.  Waskom is scoring 53.3 per game vs teams that give up 20.9 (+32.4) and holding teams that score 20.9 per game to 11.0 (+24.4).  Swing in the playoffs would be a +56.8 for Waskom.  For Daingerfield, they are scoring 52.0 per game vs teams that only give up 16.1 per game (+35.9) and they are holding teams that score 39.0 per game to 17.7 (+21.3) for a total swing of +57.2 in the playoffs.  Based on playoff games, I still get a Waskom win, but much closer at 41-38.

Both teams score a lot of points, and both teams have solid defenses.  It makes sense to only consider competent opponents - those that also score a lot or have good defenses, so...

When only considering opponents of each team that hold teams to fewer than 20 points per game, Waskom - having played 3 opponents that hold teams to fewer than 20 ppg - score 37.3 per game vs these opponents.  Those three opponents give up 14.1 per game on average, giving Waskom a +23.3 on offense.

Daingerfield has played 6 opponents that hold teams to fewer than 20 points per game, so double the sample size.  In other words, they have played a lot more better defenses.  Those 6 teams give up 16.5 ppg on average and DF is scoring 42.3 ppg against these teams for a +25.8 offensive swing.

Waskom has played 3 teams that average more than 35 points per game, and those 3 teams average 47.9 per game overall, and Waskom holds those teams to 22.3 per game for a +25.6 on the defensive swing.  Daingerfield has played 6 teams that average over 35 per game - those 6 teams averaging 41.1 per game and DF holding them to 23.2 per game for a defensive swing of 17.9.

Waskom has a significant defensive advantage here I think.  Overall - considering opponents that hold teams to fewer than 20 points per game and teams that average over 35 per game, the overall swing is +48.9 for Waskom and +43.7 for Daingerfield.

Of course you never know with these teams, but these are the numbers, and they have Waskom in a close one.  I'll take Waskom in a 44-29 win.

Nice work! In a few days all this will be settled.

Taking my Tigers 48-28 , 42-21 W

20 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

All this nonsense about who chose to play the game at SFA. Fact is the game is there and that's where the Tigers are gonna issue out a good lesson for all to see. Who really cares where they win the game 💯 

I told them to hold the game there, so I could watch it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Nice work! In a few days all this will be settled.

Taking my Tigers 48-28 , 42-21 W

Don’t get me wrong Pax does a great job and I always look forward to his statistics..... but at this level I Believe that these stats don’t promise to be true and correct on the score prediction part because it’s gonna come down to the team who has the most heart and who wants to go to the ship. 

GO TIGERS !!!! 

15 minutes ago, tigernationfan said:

Don’t get me wrong Pax does a great job and I always look forward to his statistics..... but at this level I Believe that these stats don’t promise to be true and correct on the score prediction part because it’s gonna come down to the team who has the most heart and who wants to go to the ship. 

GO TIGERS !!!! 

I agree with ya on that, he really breaks it down and gives #'s to support his predictions.  Only thing I raise a eyebrow about is when I look at the opponents and records each team has played that the numbers are being based on.  I look at the strength vs weakness of both teams  and the Tigers definitely are favored in that observation in my honest opinion. Waskoms strength is running the ball where the Tigers can do both quick and fast. I can't see them being able to contain or consistently stop the Tigers to notch a victory. I can see the Tigers stopping a team from simply running the ball on us to get a win. We have the secondary to stop the Hail Mary lol.. If they pass to often they drift from their strength and that won't bold well . We shall see. It could be a high scoring game, but because of their strength and what they rely on they'll run out of time to keep up with the boys. 

Tigers roll, GO BLUE

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I agree with ya on that, he really breaks it down and gives #'s to support his predictions.  Only thing I raise a eyebrow about is when I look at the opponents and records each team has played that the numbers are being based on.  I look at the strength vs weakness of both teams  and the Tigers definitely are favored in that observation in my honest opinion. Waskoms strength is running the ball where the Tigers can do both quick and fast. I can't see them being able to contain or consistently stop the Tigers to notch a victory. I can see the Tigers stopping a team from simply running the ball on us to get a win. We shall see. It could be a high scoring game, but because of their strength and what they rely on they'll run out of time to keep up with the boys. 

Tigers roll, GO BLUE

💯 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I agree with ya on that, he really breaks it down and gives #'s to support his predictions.  Only thing I raise a eyebrow about is when I look at the opponents and records each team has played that the numbers are being based on.  I look at the strength vs weakness of both teams  and the Tigers definitely are favored in that observation in my honest opinion. Waskoms strength is running the ball where the Tigers can do both quick and fast. I can't see them being able to contain or consistently stop the Tigers to notch a victory. I can see the Tigers stopping a team from simply running the ball on us to get a win. We have the secondary to stop the Hail Mary lol.. If they pass too often they drift from their strength and that won't bold well . We shall see. It could be a high scoring game, but because of their strength and what they rely on they'll run out of time to keep up with the boys. 

Tigers roll, GO BLUE

Waskom has to respect the Tiger passing game so I'd imagine they'll have to go man on our recievers. If they do I like our chances because their secondary is indeed weak. If the put emphasis on stopping the pass I see Dco putting up big ##. I think if the Tigers load the box and go man we limit the rushing attack and make them grind to get positive yardage with takes time off the clock. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong I'll admit it and congratulate them. I just can't see it. The best thing going for them is our starting QB is out, but I think our backups will step up. We'll see

32 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I agree with ya on that, he really breaks it down and gives #'s to support his predictions.  Only thing I raise a eyebrow about is when I look at the opponents and records each team has played that the numbers are being based on.  I look at the strength vs weakness of both teams  and the Tigers definitely are favored in that observation in my honest opinion. Waskoms strength is running the ball where the Tigers can do both quick and fast. I can't see them being able to contain or consistently stop the Tigers to notch a victory. I can see the Tigers stopping a team from simply running the ball on us to get a win. We have the secondary to stop the Hail Mary lol.. If they pass to often they drift from their strength and that won't bold well . We shall see. It could be a high scoring game, but because of their strength and what they rely on they'll run out of time to keep up with the boys. 

Tigers roll, GO BLUE

Laughable .... you played a tougher schedule?  Put the crack pipe down, dude ....