#3 Mount Vernon vs #4 West region 2 3a state quarterfinals

Jeepster89

Quarterfinals  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Mount Vernon (13-0)
    • West Trojans (13-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, Jeepster89 said:

After a major win for the tigers over the Gladewater bears the tigers look to get back to the semi finals two years in a row. 

who ya got lashes and gentlemen?

Fair weather fan. Show up to talk smack after a big win. SMH 

4 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Fair weather fan. Show up to talk smack after a big win. SMH 

No just don’t really use smoaky cause it’s dead.  I’m all over the football Friday app. 
and since when did white oak get permission to speak? Ain’t y’all been knocked out?!

Guest Tiger03lb

I got West. That defense is good. After seeing them the second time in a row, they got some talent. Well, coached team too. If they can get the passing game going they do good. 

2 minutes ago, Jeepster89 said:

No just don’t really use smoaky cause it’s dead.  I’m all over the football Friday app. 
and since when did white oak get permission to speak? Ain’t y’all been knocked out?!

Smoaky is dead? News to me. More like MVU threads died when MV died on here like 15 years ago. Y’all fair weather fans just ain’t migrated over here much. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I got West. That defense is good. After seeing them the second time in a row, they got some talent. Well, coached team too. If they can get the passing game going they do good. 

Will be pulling for West as well. Always been a fan of good defense. Too many trash talkin dudes from MVU to pull for them anyways. They need a lesson in humility.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Will be pulling for West as well. Always been a fan of good defense. Too many trash talkin dudes from MVU to pull for them anyways. They need a lesson in humility.

If that ain’t the pot callin the kettle black.  You talk enough crap for your entire city.  You are in everyone else’s thread talking all day long.  Y’all are out.   Peace.  Go back to the hardwoods and support your kids there.  We’ll see ya in a couple of weeks.  

1 minute ago, Jeepster89 said:

If that ain’t the pot callin the kettle black.  You talk enough crap for your entire city.  You are in everyone else’s thread talking all day long.  Y’all are out.   Peace.  Go back to the hardwoods and support your kids there.  We’ll see ya in a couple of weeks.  

I’ve never talked crap to mvtigerbacker or blessed daily and they’ve been around a long time. Typically don’t talk stuff to the ones that are humble. Y’all fair weatherors should aspire to be more like them. I’ve only been this way since everyone always came to our threads talkin stuff when we lost or when we were down. Let’s see how long u stick around. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
12 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

It's hard to cheer on a team when they are that arrogant. I know I've been arrogant towards them but it's for reasoning. D*mn shame too when MV has a solid team too. Liked them better in the Finny years. A lot more humble then. 

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

It's hard to cheer on a team when they are that arrogant. I know I've been arrogant towards them but it's for reasoning. D*mn shame too when MV has a solid team too. Liked them better in the Finny years. A lot more humble then. 

They were more humble then, but IMO not much. I called em Finney Fanatics cuz they were crazy bout him lol. I guess I shouldn’t be talkin on here since my team missed the playoffs. Is there some place I can get a SDC permit to still come and talk on here? 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Racer55 said:

They were more humble then, but IMO not much. I called em Finney Fanatics cuz they were crazy bout him lol. I guess I shouldn’t be talkin on here since my team missed the playoffs. Is there some place I can get a SDC permit to still come and talk on here? 

I like Finny. Does that make me a fanatics too 😆?

1 minute ago, Racer55 said:

In all honesty I have been on smoaky for several years.  I didn’t post much this year because honestly no one in our district post anything on here really. Stuck to the football Friday app.  Really need smoaky to make an app.  

Just now, Jeepster89 said:

In all honesty I have been on smoaky for several years.  I didn’t post much this year because honestly no one in our district post anything on here really. Stuck to the football Friday app.  Really need smoaky to make an app.  

Yeah Smoaky a lil behind on the app stuff. 

Just now, Racer55 said:

Yeah Smoaky a lil behind on the app stuff. 

I will never consider myself a fair weather fan.  I have been on smoaky since 2008, just had to make a new account in 2017 because I could never get my login fixed.  

I won’t say we are a perennial power house but it does annoy the piss out of me when other teams fans can’t and won’t give mv the credit they deserve.   All year people have constantly said “you haven’t played anyone good and your Strength of schedule will keep you from making a long run” bit here we are back to back years fighting to get back to the semis.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, player73 said:

I’m thinking MV ability to move the ball around on offense will be the difference. West D is outstanding but I think MV wins this one. You can’t let arrogant fans cloud your judgment on how good they really are.

It's so hard to take all their weapons away... most teams have 1 or 2 Mv has 4 legit that can take it to the house at any moment and 2 or 3 others that can make big plays when called upon.  And unlike most the kicking game can be a factor too... I am hoping for another good one but unfortunately I'll be in North Carolina working so going to yell at a screen all afternoon...

With all due respect to West, it will take more than 14 to beat MV. I just think this Tiger team is too balanced this year. If and its a BIG if you can slow down McGill, you have to contend with the receivers. Also an underrated aspect is McGills ability in the pass game. I think MVs defense will be the difference in this game, they are playing at a very high level. Give me a 35-21 type game

Guest Tiger03lb
7 hours ago, player73 said:

I’m thinking MV ability to move the ball around on offense will be the difference. West D is outstanding but I think MV wins this one. You can’t let arrogant fans cloud your judgment on how good they really are.

I know they have a solid team. I've said it since mid-season they do. I think a lot of people haven't seen West yet. If West wnts to win, they'll have to pass more and make catches. That didn't help them yesterday.

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

With all due respect to West, it will take more than 14 to beat MV. I just think this Tiger team is too balanced this year. If and its a BIG if you can slow down McGill, you have to contend with the receivers. Also an underrated aspect is McGills ability in the pass game. I think MVs defense will be the difference in this game, they are playing at a very high level. Give me a 35-14 type game

10 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yeah besides a couple they are an obnoxious bunch. I don’t see west beating MV though. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I try to keep them humble, but it's a tough job! Lol

• LOL! 1

• Crawford changed the title to #3 Mount Vernon vs #4 West region 2 3a state quarterfinals