#3 Mount Vernon vs #4 West region 2 3a state quarterfinals

Jeepster89

Quarterfinals  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Mount Vernon (13-0)
    • West Trojans (13-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:30 AM

6 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Mount Vernon will be too much!

On paper, but we have to show up and make it happen. Not only show up but play at our best from last week on out.  West will be tough and once again this week seeking revenge from last year.

• Like 1

• Crawford changed the title to #3 Mount Vernon vs #4 West region 2 3a state quarterfinals
Guest Tiger03lb
11 hours ago, MVFAN1 said:

On paper, but we have to show up and make it happen. Not only show up but play at our best from last week on out.  West will be tough and once again this week seeking revenge from last year.

West played MV close last year if I remember correctly. 

On 11/27/2021 at 2:13 PM, GWBears01 said:

MV will be too much for West. They are balanced and have a good defense. West has a very good defense but won’t completely shut MV down. West won’t score enough to win. 

west is better than you think,but after watching jim ned and brock i see nobody in 3a beating brock

51 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

west is better than you think,but after watching jim ned and brock i see nobody in 3a beating brock

If Brock plays to their capability, i think they are the best team left from top to bottom. Im thinking if it happens and they meet up with MV that will be an incredible game.

Guest Tiger03lb
53 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

I honestly see Brock and Lorena in the SC this year. 

Here is the game I have been waiting for I have been lucky to watch both of these teams in person and on NFHS and I believe I have a good feel for both teams and what they will try to do to each other.

MV will not be able to run the ball consistently on this west team. West is too good on the front 7. MV will have to have good pass blocking but I am thinking they will get it out of their QBs hand quickly or try and use the QB in some option plays. If MV thinks they can go toe to toe with west front 7 which I doubt they try but if they do it wont be a pretty game for them,

I see MV airing it out 90% plus of the time in this game.

Now on the flip West is going to pound the rock and again I dont think MV will be able to hold up front for 4 Q look for the MV coaches to biltz all night to try and stop this run attack. I hope they dont get caught on too many blitz plays or west will throw over the top.

This game is going to come down to the trenches like most big games and I just believe West has the dogs upfront on both sides of the ball to control both the offense and defense of MV look for a low scoring game.

West 21

MV 18

I like the West D as they more less shutdown the Koff O last week. Now on the offensive side they are going to have to do more and score more to beat MV. I look for MV to go uptempo to offset the West D. I think MV D can get stops against the West O. I’m picking MV by 10.