Jump to content

#2 Gunter Tigers 13-0 vs #4 Holliday Eagles 13- 0 Friday December 3rd 7:00 pm @ Justin Northwest.


wingtveer
 Share

Quarterfinals  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • Gunter Tigers
    • Holiday Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

  • wingtveer changed the title to Gunter Tigers 13-0 vs Holliday Eagles 13- 0 Friday December 3rd 7:00 pm @ Justin Northwest.
7 hours ago, wingtveer said:

Hope Gunter comes out swinging early and often this week. Waiting for a Pax analysis on this one. 

Yes, I agree. I’m looking forward to @Pax analysis, his predictions are eerily accurate. Screen name should be Karnak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2Punks said:

Yes, I agree. I’m looking forward to Pax’s analysis, his predictions are eerily accurate. Screen name should be Karnak.

Lol !!  You got that right. Kinda uncomfortable 1st qtr in the Dublin game, but we got rolling and did our thing. Ready to smoke Holliday for the holidays. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Lol !!  You got that right. Kinda uncomfortable 1st qtr in the Dublin game, but we got rolling and did our thing. Ready to smoke Holliday for the holidays. 

Dublin way better than I expected! GT had a harder time defending the pass than usual. And Dublin ate up a lot of clock- didn’t realize until after someone told me that they ran 18 plays in one drive eating up something like 4 minutes. That drive got them 0 points, but it kept GT from scoring at least once. I don’t know how they lost to Millsap though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2Punks said:

Dublin way better than I expected! GT had a harder time defending the pass than usual. And Dublin ate up a lot of clock- didn’t realize until after someone told me that they ran 18 plays in one drive eating up something like 4 minutes. That drive got them 0 points, but it kept GT from scoring at least once. I don’t know how they lost to Millsap though.

Me neither. They had some big stocky kids and played hard. They did move the ball they the air.  Ramirez was a hoss 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 2Punks said:

Dublin way better than I expected! GT had a harder time defending the pass than usual. And Dublin ate up a lot of clock- didn’t realize until after someone told me that they ran 18 plays in one drive eating up something like 4 minutes. That drive got them 0 points, but it kept GT from scoring at least once. I don’t know how they lost to Millsap though.

 

They had two drives in the first half that took more than 13 minutes with both getting inside the Gunter 10-yard line and came away with no points. Gunter had four possessions in the first half because of the kickoff return TD and one of them was right before the half when they forced the turnover on downs inside their 10.

 

So they only had three real drives and scored on two.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

 

They had two drives in the first half that took more than 13 minutes with both getting inside the Gunter 10-yard line and came away with no points. Gunter had four possessions in the first half because of the kickoff return TD and one of them was right before the half when they forced the turnover on downs inside their 10.

 

So they only had three real drives and scored on two.

I’m bad about going to a game and watching (thinking I’m paying attention) only to look up and say “dang, that took a long time”. Lol But too, Dublin’s pace was so slow that it was frustrating at times. While GT was running plays some times before the chain gang was completely repositioned. It was an exciting game though, no doubt. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Crawford changed the title to #2 Gunter Tigers 13-0 vs #4 Holliday Eagles 13- 0 Friday December 3rd 7:00 pm @ Justin Northwest.

Gunter is scoring 53.4 per game vs teams that give up 27.2 per game (+26.2 swing) and they are holding teams that score 32.3 per game to 9.8 per game (+22.5 swing).  Total swing for Gunter is +48.7.

Holliday is scoring 42.5 per game against teams that give up 29.9 per game (+12.7) and allowing 12.1 ppg to teams averaging 31.6 ppg (+19.5) for a total swing of +32.2.

Going straight by these numbers, I get a Gunter win, 36-22.  There are two common opponents between Gunter and Holliday - Bells and Leonard.  Holliday has played Bells twice and Leonard once.  If I run the games only using these games for both teams, I get a 37-10 Gunter win.  If Gunter has their way - it is a 50-0 Gunter win. 

Also important to note is that Holliday played both these teams close in all three games - each coming down to the wire, while Gunter had both their games well in hand by halftime of these games, letting up in the second half of each.  Of course anything can happen.  This is the regional final, and I can't imagine any team wanting to beat Gunter as badly as Holliday wants to beat them, so they need to come to play.  If Gunter does bring the same kind of intensity they had in the Millsap game, I can see this being a blowout win. 

I'm going somewhere in the middle and predicting a Gunter win - 42ish to 14ish.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Pax said:

Gunter is scoring 53.4 per game vs teams that give up 27.2 per game (+26.2 swing) and they are holding teams that score 32.3 per game to 9.8 per game (+22.5 swing).  Total swing for Gunter is +48.7.

Holliday is scoring 42.5 per game against teams that give up 29.9 per game (+12.7) and allowing 12.1 ppg to teams averaging 31.6 ppg (+19.5) for a total swing of +32.2.

Going straight by these numbers, I get a Gunter win, 36-22.  There are two common opponents between Gunter and Holliday - Bells and Leonard.  Holliday has played Bells twice and Leonard once.  If I run the games only using these games for both teams, I get a 37-10 Gunter win.  If Gunter has their way - it is a 50-0 Gunter win. 

Also important to note is that Holliday played both these teams close in all three games - each coming down to the wire, while Gunter had both their games well in hand by halftime of these games, letting up in the second half of each.  Of course anything can happen.  This is the regional final, and I can't imagine any team wanting to beat Gunter as badly as Holliday wants to beat them, so they need to come to play.  If Gunter does bring the same kind of intensity they had in the Millsap game, I can see this being a blowout win. 

I'm going somewhere in the middle and predicting a Gunter win - 42ish to 14ish.

Great stuff Pax. Thanks !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GT big. Haven’t really been impressed by Holliday(although they probably weren’t impressed with Canadian either). 
 

Holliday is running some spread this year, and I still believe you have to be able to Pass on GT to open up the run. That being said, I don’t think they have the dudes on the outside to open it up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...