#2 Gunter Tigers 13-0 vs #4 Holliday Eagles 13- 0 Friday December 3rd 7:00 pm @ Justin Northwest.

wingtveer

Quarterfinals  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gunter Tigers
    • Holiday Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:00 AM

19 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

We need to keep this website directed towards bEAST TX football please. Thank you.

Totally disagree since East and west bust heads late.  I like all areas talking about their football.  I wouldn’t say bEAST either. The Dallas area and surroundings along with some west texas teams have dominant teams too

like my Gunter tigers baby !!

2 hours ago, wingtveer said:

Totally disagree since East and west bust heads late.  I like all areas talking about their football.  I wouldn’t say bEAST either. The Dallas area and surroundings along with some west texas teams have dominant teams too

like my Gunter tigers baby !!

You guys keep winning, and POOF, the western boundary of bEASTtx will all of a sudden encompass the southern throes of Grayson County.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Gunter won't let up until they have a 4-TD lead.  They WILL play the subs to protect their starters for the run and to give the 2's more minutes for the program.  But only after the game is well in hand......which could happen by halftime.  I'm guessing by the end of the 3rd qtr. for sure.

I thought the score would be 46-13. Ended up 35-14. Gunter had a  nice TD called back which is part of the game. Holliday was more impressive than I expected. They would beat the Poth team Franklin beat by 30 points.  Holliday had a salty run defense. We did seem a little flat at times. I guess due to the fact we beat Holliday often   Now on to Roosevelt. They look like waskom with their colors and offensive scheme. They run the triple option. The qb is fast. He runs between the tackles after faking the give to the fullback ( midline option). I’m going with Gunter by 17. Wish it didn’t have to be played in Abifrickinlene though. T P W. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

I thought the score would be 46-13. Ended up 35-14. Gunter had a  nice TD called back which is part of the game. Holliday was more impressive than I expected. They would beat the Poth team Franklin beat by 30 points.  Holliday had a salty run defense. We did seem a little flat at times. I guess due to the fact we beat Holliday often   Now on to Roosevelt. They look like waskom with their colors and offensive scheme. They run the triple option. The qb is fast. He runs between the tackles after faking the give to the fullback ( midline option). I’m going with Gunter by 17. Wish it didn’t have to be played in Abifrickinlene though. T P W. 

Abifrickinlene. Lol!

Gives us an opportunity to eat at the Bee Hive Saloon in Albany on the way. The owner has an American dream come true story. And honestly the best steaks (and Long Island tea) I’ve had maybe ever. You’re welcome.

8 hours ago, wingtveer said:

I mean, where did you think a game would be against a Lubbock opponent? There were literally three options, maybe five if you were generous, and they had a flip between the two of three.

4 minutes ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

I mean, where did you think a game would be against a Lubbock opponent? There were literally three options, maybe five if you were generous, and they had a flip between the two of three.

I was hoping the Luella area. 

1 hour ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

I know it is nobody's fault but the reasons I don't like playing there  have partly to do with the football gods.  We got our butts kicked there last year and didn't even look like Gunter (Canadian had much to do with this),  We turned it over and had several penalties.  Just uncharacteristically un-Gunter.  Second, if I remember correctly there were no concessions at the stadium.  It was like ACU (which is a great school) just really didn't do much to accommodate lowly 3A schools. Third, we have to travel 3:16 hours to their 2;17 hours. The difference will be even greater because our travel is through the metroplex and theirs is all rural highways, so it will probabaly take at least 4 hours for gunter.   Part of it too is that I just wanted it to be Canadian though Roosevelt certainly earned it just like we did.  If we win I will like the stadium more.  I know this is very rational thought :).

Edited by GTAlumnus
Add more useless information.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:25 PM, Pax said:

Gunter is scoring 53.4 per game vs teams that give up 27.2 per game (+26.2 swing) and they are holding teams that score 32.3 per game to 9.8 per game (+22.5 swing).  Total swing for Gunter is +48.7.

Holliday is scoring 42.5 per game against teams that give up 29.9 per game (+12.7) and allowing 12.1 ppg to teams averaging 31.6 ppg (+19.5) for a total swing of +32.2.

Going straight by these numbers, I get a Gunter win, 36-22.  There are two common opponents between Gunter and Holliday - Bells and Leonard.  Holliday has played Bells twice and Leonard once.  If I run the games only using these games for both teams, I get a 37-10 Gunter win.  If Gunter has their way - it is a 50-0 Gunter win. 

Also important to note is that Holliday played both these teams close in all three games - each coming down to the wire, while Gunter had both their games well in hand by halftime of these games, letting up in the second half of each.  Of course anything can happen.  This is the regional final, and I can't imagine any team wanting to beat Gunter as badly as Holliday wants to beat them, so they need to come to play.  If Gunter does bring the same kind of intensity they had in the Millsap game, I can see this being a blowout win. 

I'm going somewhere in the middle and predicting a Gunter win - 42ish to 14ish.

This was right on  the money.   The half quarter turnover stopped what might have been the touchdown difference.

• Like 1