Chapel Hill vs LCM (round 4)

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs. LCM  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

3 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Yeah #90 sticks out on film and EC double-teamed him or ran away from him most of the night. #2 for LCM isn't real big, but he's a tackling machine.

LCM is much better than the initial eye test eludes. CH better get focused and get ready!

3 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Yeah #90 sticks out on film and EC double-teamed him or ran away from him most of the night. #2 for LCM isn't real big, but he's a tackling machine.

He’s a player for sure.  They have a couple guards on offense that are sure enough people movers.  It’ll be a heavy dose of ground and pound. 

I just hope everyone  takes us lightly and we  fly under the radar. EC talked all week about there D1 running backs that they were unstoppable. LCM is well coached and is discipline. We are going to make plays and make it a ball game

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LCM said:

I just hope everyone  takes us lightly and we  fly under the radar. EC talked all week about there D1 running backs that they were unstoppable. LCM is well coached and is discipline. We are going to make plays and make it a ball game

100% agree 

Livingston games indicate this one will be close.  LCM’s loss to Vidor was prior to Vidor losing their two top RB’s to injuries, so it’s not much use for comparison.  And CH has a different QB now, so any comparisons would be after Week 7.  Going to be a good one.  Imo, Peevey’s Coaching makes the difference.  LCM wins it.

Btw, if you think LCM doesn’t have athletes, you might want to watch some video.  The team I saw beating El Campo has plenty of athletes.

5 hours ago, LCM said:

That may have been the case in weeks past, but I guarantee you it isn’t the case this week.  CH isn’t taking any of this for granted.  I would argue that CH is the underdog in this one, especially being a 4 seed. 

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Livingston games indicate this one will be close.  LCM’s loss to Vidor was prior to Vidor losing their two top RB’s to injuries, so it’s not much use for comparison.  And CH has a different QB now, so any comparisons would be after Week 7.  Going to be a good one.  Imo, Peevey’s Coaching makes the difference.  LCM wins it.

Btw, if you think LCM doesn’t have athletes, you might want to watch some video.  The team I saw beating El Campo has plenty of athletes.

If anyone thinks LCM doesn’t have athletes they haven’t seen a second of game film. 

I believe CH may have more speed, but LCM for sure has more size.  The two teams are similar in that neither one was expected to make it this far.  Usually that means a good game is on the horizon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

My honest assessment......LCM is one strong team.  CH will have to play mistake free.....that won't happen.  Give me LCM by 6.

Every week you advance in the playoffs mistakes become more and more of a liability.  CH is by far the younger team, so mistakes will have to be a priority all week in practice. 

8 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

That may have been the case in weeks past, but I guarantee you it isn’t the case this week.  CH isn’t taking any of this for granted.  I would argue that CH is the underdog in this one, especially being a 4 seed. 

I’m ready to see how they match up. The one thing about LCM in years past they didn’t play good defense we always had to out  score the opponent and that catches up with you when you face a well rounded team. Now we are stopping teams and getting better each week. Win or lose this has a been a successful season. 1-8 last year to 11-2. Coach Peevy has done a amazing job and is a true leader imo he could find any job in the state other than Carthage. You will hear the rumors that WOS kids are transferring in which is not true at all with this team here. The only kid on the team is #4 is from Orangefield transferred in and that is DC son. I know I got off topic just going to give a little insight on LCM. We don’t play East Texas teams much and l hope we could schedule some in the future. I know we played  Nac in the past. Also peevy must know Lindale HC he got some insight about Palestine prior to the game we played them. I’m hoping he did the same about CH. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Is Chapel Hill Freshman QB 18 years of age? I've heard this quite a bit even leading up to the game.

Lol, he’s physically big enough to be 18, or older.  Young man is big, and he plays with poise beyond a Freshman’s year.  His poise is more indicative of him being older than his size.  If he’s 15, he’ll be a D1 choice when he’s a Senior.  Great future ahead of him.  Just hope he takes advantage of what he’s got.

55 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Is Chapel Hill Freshman QB 18 years of age? I've heard this quite a bit even leading up to the game.

Someone told me at the game he is a older than what typical freshman are. When Kilgore was looking like they were about to donkey stomp C-Hill. I said the freshman might be to young for this type of game. He said what do you mean he young. I  said he a freshman. He said he a freshman by grade but he not young in age. 

He is from New Orleans. Louisiana has been known to have older kids in school. 

23 minutes ago, VonG said:

Someone told me at the game he is a older than what typical freshman are. When Kilgore was looking like they were about to donkey stomp C-Hill. I said the freshman might be to young for this type of game. He said what do you mean he young. I  said he a freshman. He said he a freshman by grade but he not young in age. 

I was just curious.  Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Regardless of actual age.  He was playing middle school football last year, and so was the RB and a few other kids.  It’s crazy how many underclassmen CH has on the field.  

7 hours ago, VonG said:

I spoke with his dad at the game while we were standing waiting to get in and he never mentioned age but he kept saying he's young and a freshman and he needs to gel in to the game and get comfortable, said he's got alot to learn about the game... he mentioned his son wanted this game bad to get revenge, and yeah he did say they from Louisiana..