Chapel Hill vs LCM (round 4)

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs. LCM  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

20 minutes ago, JETT said:

I spoke with his dad at the game while we were standing waiting to get in and he never mentioned age but he kept saying he's young and a freshman and he needs to gel in to the game and get comfortable, said he's got alot to learn about the game... he mentioned his son wanted this game bad to get revenge, and yeah he did say they from Louisiana..

I was sitting next to someone who coached him in pop Warner football. He told  me he was older than what his grade suggests. I only spoke on it because someone else mentioned his age. I don't care how old he is. I just want to see Chapel Hill do well. And if they can somehow pull it off this year. The more the merrier. 

2 minutes ago, VonG said:

I was sitting next to someone who coached him in pop Warner football. He told  me he was older than what his grade suggests. I only spoke on it because someone else mentioned his age. I don't care how old he is. I just want to see Chapel Hill do well. And if they can somehow pull it off this year. The more the merrier. 

I agree, hopefully next week the winner of DF/waskom and Franklin/poth will be played at 🌹  like last year.... I'll come chop it up with ya if you there

Hes 16 as of today. Lots of kids are help back for various reasons. Whether athletic or other circumstances that’s not anyones business. If anything he could be a sophomore. The 18 year old comments are ignorant and is what gets rumors started about KIDS!!! Cmon guys. Be better than that. Got to remember these are kids. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chill5000 said:

Hes 16 as of today. Lots of kids are help back for various reasons. Whether athletic or other circumstances that’s not anyones business. If anything he could be a sophomore. The 18 year old comments are ignorant and is what gets rumors started about KIDS!!! Cmon guys. Be better than that. Got to remember these are kids. 

1 hour ago, Chill5000 said:

All good, I played football in the 80's and graduated at the mear age of 19, not 18.    I'm in same boat as Mr. Brisbon hope he has a successful career at CH just not against my Bears.  Lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LCM83 said:

All good, I played football in the 80's and graduated at the mear age of 19, not 18.    I'm in same boat as Mr. Brisbon hope he has a successful career at CH just not against my Bears.  Lol

My son was born in June.  Tried to get family to agree on holding him back one year before starting school, for physical & maturity.  Got outvoted.  He was a DCTXFB Blue Chip Lineman his Senior year, prior to getting his knee torn up in practice.  He was 17 when he graduated.  Sure wish he’d had that extra year.  He grew almost 3” after graduating.  College loss was Marine Corps gain, but I thought of “what if” many times in the last 30+ years.  Cest la vie.

16 hours ago, Hagar said:

I just hope the Bulldogs are confident of rolling over LCM as the fans are.  They’ll be in for a big surprise.  These Bears are hungry.

I just don't think this is an accurate statement.  It's hard to play the underdog card when the team playing it is ranked higher.  I would hardly say the fans are confident in rolling over LCM.  I'm sorry that you can't play the underdog card this week, but CH is the underdog.  The only reason they lead in the voting polls is because of having more fans on the site, not because the poll is getting an accurate pool of votes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

My two cents on LBJ - whoever wins the CH vs LCM match will give LBJ their toughest playoff game thus far.  That said, durn based on their record they are a juggernaut.

I think every team is just going to play better and better each week at this point.  CH will get LCM's best game.  LCM will get CH's best game.  Whoever wins between these two will give their best game to LBJ or Fredericksburg.  This time of year is fun, because teams play better and better as the weeks go by, and kids grow so much mentally week to week.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

Regardless of his age, he was playing middle school ball 13 months ago.  It's incredible how much he and Stewart have both grown over the last few months.  I'm proud of the way both of them played last week.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

I just don't think this is an accurate statement.  It's hard to play the underdog card when the team playing it is ranked higher.  I would hardly say the fans are confident in rolling over LCM.  I'm sorry that you can't play the underdog card this week, but CH is the underdog.  The only reason they lead in the voting polls is because of having more fans on the site, not because the poll is getting an accurate pool of votes.

I based my post on several post I’ve seen on here - “Roll over LCM”.  I don’t think either team needs much incentive like “underdog card”.  I’m just referring to the team’s attitude.  For instance, no doubt El Campo thought they’d roll over LCM, and no doubt Kilgore thought they’d roll over Chapel Hill.  If either CH or LCM have that attitude, they’ll probably lose.  And I doubt CH feels like an underdog.  Since changing QB’s they’ve been nothing but impressive.  And the QB seems to improve each game.  I’ll be surprised if either wins by more than a TD.  I still think LCM wins it, but it’ll be close.  Coach Peevey will have the D ready to stop the young QB.  Jmo

8 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I based my post on several post I’ve seen on here - “Roll over LCM”.  I don’t think either team needs much incentive like “underdog card”.  I’m just referring to the team’s attitude.  For instance, no doubt El Campo thought they’d roll over LCM, and no doubt Kilgore thought they’d roll over Chapel Hill.  If either CH or LCM have that attitude, they’ll probably lose.  And I doubt CH feels like an underdog.  Since changing QB’s they’ve been nothing but impressive.  And the QB seems to improve each game.  I’ll be surprised if either wins by more than a TD.  I still think LCM wins it, but it’ll be close.  Coach Peevey will have the D ready to stop the young QB.  Jmo

Actually since changing QB's they dealt with a tough loss, and growing pains.  I'm proud of the growth, but the "looking past LCM" and "rolling over LCM" mentality just isn't the case here in CH.  I can guarantee you these kids feel like underdogs.  They play with a chip on their shoulder, because they had to fight hard just to make the playoffs, and every week they hear talk about how they really weren't expected to be here.  LCM is a similar team to CH in that expectations weren't nearly as high as what they have actually accomplished this year, so I figure we could all just agree that this game will be fun to watch as a fan and the teams are both taking this game very seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

Actually since changing QB's they dealt with a tough loss, and growing pains.  I'm proud of the growth, but the "looking past LCM" and "rolling over LCM" mentality just isn't the case here in CH.  I can guarantee you these kids feel like underdogs.  They play with a chip on their shoulder, because they had to fight hard just to make the playoffs, and every week they hear talk about how they really weren't expected to be here.  LCM is a similar team to CH in that expectations weren't nearly as high as what they have actually accomplished this year, so I figure we could all just agree that this game will be fun to watch as a fan and the teams are both taking this game very seriously.

Amen!  Going to be a good one.  I’ve been backing CH since they beat my banged up Pirates, but have to go with Dist 10 LCM in this one.  Will back the winner against LBJ, whoever wins.  Agree wholeheartedly, going to be a good one to watch.  Looking forward to it.  Good luck to both.  Both play lights out & the best team wins.  And please, no injuries. 🙏

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Amen!  Going to be a good one.  I’ve been backing CH since they beat my banged up Pirates, but have to go with Dist 10 LCM in this one.  Will back the winner against LBJ, whoever wins.  Agree wholeheartedly, going to be a good one to watch.  Looking forward to it.  Good luck to both.  Both play lights out & the best team wins.  And please, no injuries. 🙏

Well said.

I'm watching LCM Vs El Campo and LCM looks the part, to me they look tougher than Vider, but did Vider beat LCM and are they in same district, Chapel Hill looks like they has to play all 4 quarters, Chill has alot of speed as well so it's going to be a good game,I'm rooting for District 9 the D.O.D. to win it and hope Chill do it for there team, town, and for District 9 D.O.D. let's good Chapel Hill!!! I knew this Chapel Hill team were special and hope they make it to State and winning it all,good luck.

I dnt know of either team had faced any speed compared to one another, don't think LCM seen speed like Chill, El Campo looks like they had speed but not as much as Chill, Chill to me looks faster, it just El Campo was mostly one deminional and the backs from El Campo looks more power runners, they had speed but to me El Campo had tough RBs, to me Chill backs are faster than El Campos backs but El Campos backs were stronger runners, looks bigger.

No one has seen CH at 100% yet.  That fresh QB has only thrown for 300 yards in 3 playoff games.  But the team has rushed for over 1000 yards in those 3 games.  QB accounts for I think half of those yards.

He scrambles really well.  I think he should get rid of the ball more and prevent the 3rd and longs.  He is very young and pretty inconsistent on the throws.  He is 18 of 39 in three playoff games.  When this young man settles in..... Its gonna be lights out.  

Freshman running back, and I think returning most of the receiving core.

CH - 45
LCM - 38

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I'm watching LCM Vs El Campo and LCM looks the part, to me they look tougher than Vider, but did Vider beat LCM and are they in same district, Chapel Hill looks like they has to play all 4 quarters, Chill has alot of speed as well so it's going to be a good game,I'm rooting for District 9 the D.O.D. to win it and hope Chill do it for there team, town, and for District 9 D.O.D. let's good Chapel Hill!!! I knew this Chapel Hill team were special and hope they make it to State and winning it all,good luck.

LCM has always had trouble defending the Slot t offense. We faced Vidor and I can honestly say LCM didn’t play there best game. I’m not taking nothing away from Vidor they earned that win. Vidor played Ch with back up running backs. 

1 minute ago, bandman5554 said:

No one has seen CH at 100% yet.  That fresh QB has only thrown for 300 yards in 3 playoff games.  But the team has rushed for over 1000 yards in those 3 games.  QB accounts for I think half of those yards.

He scrambles really well.  I think he should get rid of the ball more and prevent the 3rd and longs.  He is very young and pretty inconsistent on the throws.  He is 18 of 39 in three playoff games.  When this young man settles in..... Its gonna be lights out.  

Freshman running back, and I think returning most of the receiving core.

CH - 45
LCM - 38

Everyone except the center returns on the offense next year. Future is bright for CH

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I dnt know of either team had faced any speed compared to one another, don't think LCM seen speed like Chill, El Campo looks like they had speed but not as much as Chill, Chill to me looks faster, it just El Campo was mostly one deminional and the backs from El Campo looks more power runners, they had speed but to me El Campo had tough RBs, to me Chill backs are faster than El Campos backs but El Campos backs were stronger runners, looks bigger.

EL campo had 2 D1 running backs and they don’t look fast on tape but I promise owens is extremely fast.  WOS had plenty of speed and we played them in the 2nd week of the season. Jasper was the best defense we faced they held us to 13 points that game.