Chapel Hill vs LCM (round 4)

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs. LCM  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Seen several post on here about Vidor’s team/performance.  Vidor runs the Slot T, so losing your top two rushers is the equivalent of a spread team losing its QB & Best Receiver.  So Vidor faced a good CH Team with two backup RB’s.  And more importantly, for the CH game, Vidor’s Head Coach was rushed to the Hospital prior to the Team leaving for the game (and burned 2 Time Outs on a missed XP).  He’s been there about 17 years & the kids love him.  So yes, CH beat a quality, banged up team, without their HC, but the Pirates held CH to 25 points.  Who else has done that since CH moved their stud Fr QB up, other than the 1st game with Kilgore, and wasn’t that his first start?  CH beat Kilgore by 6 in OT.  For CH fans to disparage Vidor is to talk down CH, and really, CH wouldn’t want to face the same Pirate team LCM faced.  

Hager it looks like your into your feelings. Vidor had a good season. It’s sad that the running backs got injured. That offense was physical and it causes some wear and tear. Hopefully next year y’all will be healthy for the playoffs. LCM probably is a better team for  facing that slot t due to us playing heavy run teams in the first 3 rounds. Defense has gotten a whole lot better. We just got to take it one at a time. CH is gonna be athletic and we have great coaches leading the way.  

38 minutes ago, LCM said:

Hager it looks like your into your feelings. Vidor had a good season. It’s sad that the running backs got injured. That offense was physical and it causes some wear and tear. Hopefully next year y’all will be healthy for the playoffs. LCM probably is a better team for  facing that slot t due to us playing heavy run teams in the first 3 rounds. Defense has gotten a whole lot better. We just got to take it one at a time. CH is gonna be athletic and we have great coaches leading the way.  

Yep.  As you’re well aware of, Vidor rarely has a great football season, so when they do, it’s aggravating to read disparaging comments.  And for anyone who’s seen Vidor play this year it was evident (worried about HC) the Pirates were all out of sync in the first half.  
I was really impressed with y’all’s D against El Campo.  Coach Peevey is a standout Coach.  I’m confident he’ll have the D ready to slow down CH (this year, lol).  Hope your QB is 100%.  Injuries hurt anytime, but during the Playoffs, they’re catastrophic.  On a side note, CH has an extremely bright future with those two Freshmen.  Can’t imagine the headaches they’ll give Dist 9 DC’s in the next three years.  And Dist 10’s in the Playoffs.  I’ll be watching them next year.  Expecting big things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

Yep.  As you’re well aware of, Vidor rarely has a great football season, so when they do, it’s aggravating to read disparaging comments.  And for anyone who’s seen Vidor play this year it was evident (worried about HC) the Pirates were all out of sync in the first half.  
I was really impressed with y’all’s D against El Campo.  Coach Peevey is a standout Coach.  I’m confident he’ll have the D ready to slow down CH (this year, lol).  Hope your QB is 100%.  Injuries hurt anytime, but during the Playoffs, they’re catastrophic.  On a side note, CH has an extremely bright future with those two Freshmen.  Can’t imagine the headaches they’ll give Dist 9 DC’s in the next three years.  And Dist 10’s in the Playoffs.  I’ll be watching them next year.  Expecting big things.

LCM will give 100% Friday night win or lose it’s been a great season. Coach Peevy will make sure the kids just focus on their job. Work as a team and not as a individual. Thanks for all support from y’all Vidor guys. I guess except one he’s Anti LCM or just me lol  

2 hours ago, LCM said:

LCM will give 100% Friday night win or lose it’s been a great season. Coach Peevy will make sure the kids just focus on their job. Work as a team and not as a individual. Thanks for all support from y’all Vidor guys. I guess except one he’s Anti LCM or just me lol  

Marches to a different drummer for sure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

What CH fan is making disparaging comments about Vidor?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wos96 said:

ANKLE DAY BY DAY

I would plan like he’s going to play. CH fell into a potential injury trap back in 2010 against Henderson in the SC game.  Heard all week that he broke his throwing arm and was in a cast.   Come game time he was in a cast, but his hand was fully exposed and he was able to play as if he had no injury at all. He had a great game. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

I would plan like he’s going to play. CH fell into a potential injury trap back in 2010 against Henderson in the SC game.  Heard all week that he broke his throwing arm and was in a cast.   Come game time he was in a cast, but his hand was fully exposed and he was able to play as if he had no injury at all. He had a great game. 

Del Barnes.... great QB

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 3:59 AM, Stankylegg said:

I guess that’s good news for LCM then, since CH didn’t really play a quality team in Vidor. 

I interpreted this post as a put down.  “CH didn’t really play a quality team in Vidor”.  I might say my team is better, or we can beat them, but I try to never put down a team or program.

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I interpreted this post as a put down.  “CH didn’t really play a quality team in Vidor”.  I might say my team is better, or we can beat them, but I try to never put down a team or program.

LCM just put in the Slot T offense in at LCM matthews came over and helped us out 

• LOL! 1

26 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Having seen Chapel Hill a couple of times this season, there's one thing I just can't figure out..... why won't they throw the ball to #13? Dude is humongous and I know he can catch.

Next level offense if they include #13!!!!!!

No ONE can cover him!!!!!

NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I was being sarcastic.  Reread the post I quoted in that response.  There had been several post where LCM fans compared their game against Vidor as more legitimate than CH’s because of the hurt RB’s.  Vidor had a team that almost beat CH.  A single possession victory means the game could have gone either way.  I believe Vidor was almost as effective without their RB’s, because to a team like CH that doesn’t see it much the slot T is very confusing. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LCM said:

LCM just put in the Slot T offense in at LCM matthews came over and helped us out 

If they can do that in just a couple days, more power to them.  I would probably go with the mentality of “let’s stick to what got us this far.”

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

52 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

Next level offense if they include #13!!!!!!

No ONE can cover him!!!!!

NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it boils down to figuring out high completion percentage routes and throws to incorporate.  I wish they would run some plays like the old whitehouse offense.  Dink and dunk passes that get out of the QB’s hand quickly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LCM said:

I know I’m joking 

Figured you were.  I also wouldn’t put it past a team to implement a few new wrinkles at this point.  Maybe not entire packages, but a new little play here or there that defenses haven’t seen on film before. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aggie98 said:

Having seen Chapel Hill a couple of times this season, there's one thing I just can't figure out..... why won't they throw the ball to #13? Dude is humongous and I know he can catch.

Great question.....as the QB figures out the passing game the receivers will get more touches. Luckily all three of the starting WRs are back next year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Figured you were.  I also wouldn’t put it past a team to implement a few new wrinkles at this point.  Maybe not entire packages, but a new little play here or there that defenses haven’t seen on film before. 

Everything will be out of the spread. I have not seen us  go under center all year.  when it’s 4th and inches I wish they would go under center for the sneak. They do move running backs in and wide outs around. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LCM said:

Everything will be out of the spread. I have not seen us  go under center all year.  when it’s 4th and inches I wish they would go under center for the sneak. They do move running backs in and wide outs around. 

CH is the same way. 4th and goal from 1” out and they will line up in shotgun. In those cases, I wish they would put a chunky fullback in, back the RB up 7-8 yards behind the ball, and go under center.   Let the back take that ball with a full head of steam instead of on his second step. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, LCM said:

I know I’m joking 

What I’ve always wondered, if a team without a lot of speed, like Vidor this year, can be successful with the Slot T, why doesn’t a team with speed, like El Campo use it?  And why wouldn’t they be even more successful?  Basically El Campo was pitch wide right or wide left.  If they ran all the misdirection Vidor does, and with their speed, it’d seem they’d be unstoppable.  I can’t quite get my mind around it.  Can you explain it to me?

2 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

I was being sarcastic.  Reread the post I quoted in that response.  There had been several post where LCM fans compared their game against Vidor as more legitimate than CH’s because of the hurt RB’s.  Vidor had a team that almost beat CH.  A single possession victory means the game could have gone either way.  I believe Vidor was almost as effective without their RB’s, because to a team like CH that doesn’t see it much the slot T is very confusing. 

Thanks for the explanation.  Glad it was just a misunderstanding.  I’m still in a moderate amount of denial over the untimely events that, at the very least, didn’t help the Pirates.  The injuries - they happen, but the HC having to go to the Hospital?   Dang!!!  I’d rather we’d just got a good, old fashion, tail whipping.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

What I’ve always wondered, if a team without a lot of speed, like Vidor this year, can be successful with the Slot T, why doesn’t a team with speed, like El Campo use it?  And why wouldn’t they be even more successful?  Basically El Campo was pitch wide right or wide left.  If they ran all the misdirection Vidor does, and with their speed, it’d seem they’d be unstoppable.  I can’t quite get my mind around it.  Can you explain it to me?

There offense was vanilla. They had huge oline men. They got in split back, I formation, shot gun and wishbone. They would just toss it left and right. We were beating them east and west so they had to run between the tackles and they wasn’t use to it. In the wishbone they ran 34 wham every time no option at all so the quarterback wasn’t a threat at all. so you knew the ball was going to #3 or #4. The slot T or any miss direction would have helped them. There Qb couldn’t throw. I see our district will beat them next year because it will be a one man show. I said this before if Vidor would work on throwing the ball 10 to 15 times a game they make a deep run. They can throw the ball out of that offense they just have to be comfortable doing it. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

If you have speed one of the best things you can do is create space.  The spread offense creates space.  Offenses like Vidor’s take a commitment.  Rarely are you going to see a team run both a slot or wing T style offense and a spread offense.  

If I put 4 fast WR on the field, your replacing a LB with a secondary kid.  Meaning instead of a front 7, you have a front 6 in most defenses, or you run both CB and Safeties in man coverage with no safety help over the top. You can zone it like cover two, but your even in the numbers, so your players have to be aware that if no one is in their zone that means another zone is overloaded.  If you run man with no help (only 4 DBs), I can throw it more successfully.  If you give safety help (5DBs), I can run against less of a front.  

• Like 4