Chapel Hill vs LCM (round 4)

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs. LCM  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

9 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

CH is the same way. 4th and goal from 1” out and they will line up in shotgun. In those cases, I wish they would put a chunky fullback in, back the RB up 7-8 yards behind the ball, and go under center.   Let the back take that ball with a full head of steam instead of on his second step. 

The team you are wishing for is the team CH just beat last week...

10 hours ago, LCM said:

There offense was vanilla. They had huge oline men. They got in split back, I formation, shot gun and wishbone. They would just toss it left and right. We were beating them east and west so they had to run between the tackles and they wasn’t use to it. In the wishbone they ran 34 wham every time no option at all so the quarterback wasn’t a threat at all. so you knew the ball was going to #3 or #4. The slot T or any miss direction would have helped them. There Qb couldn’t throw. I see our district will beat them next year because it will be a one man show. I said this before if Vidor would work on throwing the ball 10 to 15 times a game they make a deep run. They can throw the ball out of that offense they just have to be comfortable doing it. 

I understand the passing part, and most every Pirate fan wishes they’d work on & use the pass more often, but the running is the mystery.  Sepulvado, #7, our leading rusher, had all the moves but got rundown from behind quite a few times.  Had good speed but not breakaway speed.  All those times the backs at El Campo are gone.  

Looking forward to tomorrows game.  I look for LCM to win but I’ll be backing whoever wins as they go against LBJ (a double handful).

19 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

No.  I don’t wish for that team from last week.  I wish in certain situation they would do that, big difference. 

Agreed....handing the ball off 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage seems counter productive in short yardage situations. Every spread offense needs at least 2 or 3 plays under center in their playbook.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hagar said:

What I’ve always wondered, if a team without a lot of speed, like Vidor this year, can be successful with the Slot T, why doesn’t a team with speed, like El Campo use it?  And why wouldn’t they be even more successful?  Basically El Campo was pitch wide right or wide left.  If they ran all the misdirection Vidor does, and with their speed, it’d seem they’d be unstoppable.  I can’t quite get my mind around it.  Can you explain it to me?

I agree,they are tough what they run but if ran same as Vidor with El Campos speed and strength, I can see the Rice Birds being devastating with the Slot T.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hagar said:

Thanks for the explanation.  Glad it was just a misunderstanding.  I’m still in a moderate amount of denial over the untimely events that, at the very least, didn’t help the Pirates.  The injuries - they happen, but the HC having to go to the Hospital?   Dang!!!  I’d rather we’d just got a good, old fashion, tail whipping.

Seems like everything went wrong in that game but it happens hope to see Vidor again maybe next year.

3 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Seems like everything went wrong in that game but it happens hope to see Vidor again maybe next year.

Pretty sure they’ll be in the mix.  Whether we happen up against CH again is something else.  CH should be getting better every year for the next 3 years.  Better Vidor faces them in 22 than 23 or 24, lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Pretty sure they’ll be in the mix.  Whether we happen up against CH again is something else.  CH should be getting better every year for the next 3 years.  Better Vidor faces them in 22 than 23 or 24, lol.

Nice analyst, next year we see what happens, I think in 2010 El Campo had a great team that faced Henderson but Henderson defeated them in 2010 I went to that game and El Campo had a RB that was really strong and big but I can't remember he's name but the Rice Bird were very tough in 2010, no it maybe wasn't in 2010 when Rice Bird faced Henderson but It was one of those years trying look to look up he name the RB from El Campo that year but can't, I see The Rice Birds had some pretty good seasons tho in past.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I believe the regions are going to be switched this year from the predictions. I believe we wouldn’t run into East Texas until the state championship

40 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Nice analyst, next year we see what happens, I think in 2010 El Campo had a great team that faced Henderson but Henderson defeated them in 2010 I went to that game and El Campo had a RB that was really strong and big but I can't remember he's name but the Rice Bird were very tough in 2010, no it maybe wasn't in 2010 when Rice Bird faced Henderson but It was one of those years trying look to look up he name the RB from El Campo that year but can't, I see The Rice Birds had some pretty good seasons tho in past.

Probably Kevin Dove

1 hour ago, LCM said:

I believe the regions are going to be switched this year from the predictions. I believe we wouldn’t run into East Texas until the state championship

Heck, that’d be great to run into anyone at that stage.  

😂😂🤣😂😂

31 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Heck, that’d be great to run into anyone at that stage.  

😂😂🤣😂😂

Other than ELCampo that we defeated the only team that still playing is Fredericksburg. I see district 9’playing each other in the playoffs 

29 minutes ago, LCM said:

Back to football. LCM opponents wins and loses. 90-52. Chapel Hill 74-66. If you believe in Calpreps it has LCM winning 28-24. Calpreps has been 3-0 predicting our playoff games! 

It's fun to look at stuff like that, but it gets twisted sometimes.  Calpreps had CH smoking Henderson in the state championship in 2010, and the history books will tell you that didn't happen.  Calpreps strictly uses data compilation, and doesn't have a way to take into account a bad night, players that were sidelined, quality of win, quality of loss, etc.  I'm excited that tomorrow is Friday and we can finally see which of these underdogs is moving on to THE SEMIFINALS!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

It's fun to look at stuff like that, but it gets twisted sometimes.  Calpreps had CH smoking Henderson in the state championship in 2010, and the history books will tell you that didn't happen.  Calpreps strictly uses data compilation, and doesn't have a way to take into account a bad night, players that were sidelined, quality of win, quality of loss, etc.  I'm excited that tomorrow is Friday and we can finally see which of these underdogs is moving on to THE SEMIFINALS!

Yep it’s just for fun. But I did the match ups between LCM and LBJ or Fredericksburg. I need the Billie goats to win lol

LCM only converted 20% of their 3rd downs against El Campo.  They went 2/5 on 4th down tries.  Other than 3 TOOD, they played turnover free football.  Landry completed 54% of his 11 attempted passes for 64 yards.  Morris averaged 10 yards/rush and Landry average 7.5 yards/rush.  These two did this over 37 attempts, which is impressive.   The offensive line is definitely a strong point paving the way for these guys.  Morris average 11 yards/reception.

El Campo put some points up late, but ran out of time.  LCM was more consistent through the night it seems.

I expect LCM to come out and run the ball.  They will be able to run it, and they will be more likely to win if they can slow the game down and keep possession for 25-30 minutes.  If they get down by a couple of scores it's going to be hard for them to regroup and bounce back without getting away from their style of play.

CH is in a similar boat in that they are obviously way more successful running the ball than throwing.  CH did prove to themselves last week that getting behind in a game is not a death sentence.

It'll be a good game and both schools should be proud of themselves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LCM said:

Yep it’s just for fun. But I did the match ups between LCM and LBJ or Fredericksburg. I need the Billie goats to win lol

Yeah, Vegas odds put LBJ in the favorite spot no doubt, but anything is possible this deep in the brackets.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

LCM only converted 20% of their 3rd downs against El Campo.  They went 2/5 on 4th down tries.  Other than 3 TOOD, they played turnover free football.  Landry completed 54% of his 11 attempted passes for 64 yards.  Morris averaged 10 yards/rush and Landry average 7.5 yards/rush.  These two did this over 37 attempts, which is impressive.   The offensive line is definitely a strong point paving the way for these guys.  Morris average 11 yards/reception.

El Campo put some points up late, but ran out of time.  LCM was more consistent through the night it seems.

I expect LCM to come out and run the ball.  They will be able to run it, and they will be more likely to win if they can slow the game down and keep possession for 25-30 minutes.  If they get down by a couple of scores it's going to be hard for them to regroup and bounce back without getting away from their style of play.

CH is in a similar boat in that they are obviously way more successful running the ball than throwing.  CH did prove to themselves last week that getting behind in a game is not a death sentence.

It'll be a good game and both schools should be proud of themselves.

Man we missed scoring a couple times. One was a delay game that backed us up. I really thought we should have thrown more.  We usually throw about  15 to 20 times a game. I’m guessing coach saw something and that was the game plan. I really think winning this quick was unexpected. I knew we would make the playoffs but Coach Peevy has had less then a year to get the offense and defense stuff in. #10 will have a full year with the offense next year and I think next year should be a good one!