Chapel Hill vs LCM (round 4)

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs. LCM  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

I don’t like to hide in a corner, secretly with my mistakes.  I really thought LCM wins this one.  Course that was based on their QB being 100%, & he wasn’t even 50.  But regardless of the Offense, I figured Coach Peevey would find a way to defend the CH Offense.  Imo it’s not, as some have posted here, the Bulldog speed.  El Campo had just as much if not more speed.  Those two Fr (still hard to believe) dominated.  Again I’ll point out the poise the QB shows.  Most QB’s get the snap, head down, full speed.  This kid hesitates, uses his great field vision, finds the weak link, and bam - he’s gone.  For comparison, Vidor’s leading rusher (prior to being hurt) ran similarly.  On a sweep he’d often slow down, get behind his blocker, and put his hand on the blockers back.  You hardly ever see that.  Dan Reeves did it as a Cowboy RB.  This CH QB has a future bright as a shining star.  Hope he continues to improve.  Bring, or keep, his GPA up.  Stays out of trouble.  The only thing to stop him will be his self. 

GO BULLDOGS !!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I don’t like to hide in a corner, secretly with my mistakes.  I really thought LCM wins this one.  Course that was based on their QB being 100%, & he wasn’t even 50.  But regardless of the Offense, I figured Coach Peevey would find a way to defend the CH Offense.  Imo it’s not, as some have posted here, the Bulldog speed.  El Campo had just as much if not more speed.  Those two Fr (still hard to believe) dominated.  Again I’ll point out the poise the QB shows.  Most QB’s get the snap, head down, full speed.  This kid hesitates, uses his great field vision, finds the weak link, and bam - he’s gone.  For comparison, Vidor’s leading rusher (prior to being hurt) ran similarly.  On a sweep he’d often slow down, get behind his blocker, and put his hand on the blockers back.  You hardly ever see that.  Dan Reeves did it as a Cowboy RB.  This CH QB has a future bright as a shining star.  Hope he continues to improve.  Bring, or keep, his GPA up.  Stays out of trouble.  The only thing to stop him will be his self. 

GO BULLDOGS !!!

Even with LCM QB at 100% I still don’t see LCM winning. They just couldn’t move the football and their defense made us punt 1 time. You can’t win like that 

36 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

Even with LCM QB at 100% I still don’t see LCM winning. They just couldn’t move the football and their defense made us punt 1 time. You can’t win like that 

Agree 100%.  And as I posted, “regardless of the offense”.  It didn’t matter.  The Bear D was helpless.  It’s just exciting thinking of CH’s future, immediate & years to come.  Hope Vidor gets to meet y’all again next year. I’m 99% sure the Bulldogs will be there, just hope my Pirates can make it.

Now, LBJ.  They’re a handful, but if anyone has a chance of knocking them off, it’s CH.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

I’m surprised LCM D1 DE was a non factor! 

Coach Rio ran it str8 @ him!!! 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Agree 100%.  And as I posted, “regardless of the offense”.  It didn’t matter.  The Bear D was helpless.  It’s just exciting thinking of CH’s future, immediate & years to come.  Hope Vidor gets to meet y’all again next year. I’m 99% sure the Bulldogs will be there, just hope my Pirates can make it.

Now, LBJ.  They’re a handful, but if anyone has a chance of knocking them off, it’s CH.

LBJ is big, physical and tons of athletes. They remind me a lot of CH with the athletes they have. I’m hoping for an upset today! Lol

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, TopDog96 said:

I’m surprised LCM D1 DE was a non factor! 

Coach Rio ran it str8 @ him!!! 

Really and truly they ran away from him most of the night.  Rarely did they run right at him.  He made some noise in the backfield a few times.  At DE no matter how good you are, you can be avoided if the offense isn’t playing from behind and is able to pick and choose their plan. 

2 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

LBJ is big, physical and tons of athletes. They remind me a lot of CH with the athletes they have. I’m hoping for an upset today! Lol

LBJ is bigger, faster, and by record better than CH.  

That being said, CH can play with any team in the state if they don’t beat themselves.  Fumbles, penalties, awareness of where you are on the field.  Continue to improve on those things. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Really and truly they ran away from him most of the night.  Rarely did they run right at him.  He made some noise in the backfield a few times.  At DE no matter how good you are, you can be avoided if the offense isn’t playing from behind and is able to pick and choose their plan. 

Many plays were in his direction. Front line battled and contained him allowing QB and RB to hit gaps and edges. 

Proud of our lineman. Game is won in the trenches!!!

• Like 1

LCM had a great season. We have something to build on. I’m a realist I never thought we would get passed the 5th round. The 4th round with injuries and clock management issue effected the game. I still think CH had great athletes and would have won but I think we could have played better. Win next week I’ll be rooting for y’all 

13 minutes ago, LCM said:

Also Ch players had great sportsmanship after the game. We really need to start playing some east Texas teams to prepare. 

Great sportsmanship by both schools all game long. Both fought hard, but weren’t punks after the whistle. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hagar said:

Ummm how exactly was the LCM D "helpless" when they only allowed 14 points in 40+ minutes?

12 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

I disagree. LCM was within 7 with 6:55 left in the 4th after playing their worst half of the season and without HALF of their offense. Go check the stats... that's how much they lost. A health #9 scores at the end of the half (watch the film they did scored anyways) and the read-option was the bread and butter of their offense. 

LCM failed to adapt. #9 is the reason they were there but he wasn't ready. #10 the junior QB should've been the logical choice after the first series. Don't believe me? Go watch the 3 & 4th quarters. Sprinkle in the Wildcat and LCM is in the 5th round... Not that it matters. LBJ looks unstoppable. 

Dont get me started on the officials...

24 minutes ago, Hasbeen77 said:

I disagree. LCM was within 7 with 6:55 left in the 4th after playing their worst half of the season and without HALF of their offense. Go check the stats... that's how much they lost. A health #9 scores at the end of the half (watch the film they did scored anyways) and the read-option was the bread and butter of their offense. 

LCM failed to adapt. #9 is the reason they were there but he wasn't ready. #10 the junior QB should've been the logical choice after the first series. Don't believe me? Go watch the 3 & 4th quarters. Sprinkle in the Wildcat and LCM is in the 5th round... Not that it matters. LBJ looks unstoppable. 

Dont get me started on the officials...

There just seeing the game from there side. They havnt watch LCM for 14 weeks. #9 injured and struggled the first 2 quarters that’s on the coaching staff. coming out flat on defense the first half was a lot of the problem. Our oline didn’t win the battle in the trenches is what hurt the most. The the turn over cost us alot before halftime. LCM will be back next year. Just have to keep improving. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LCM said:

There just seeing the game from there side. They havnt watch LCM for 14 weeks. #9 injured and struggled the first 2 quarters that’s on the coaching staff. coming out flat on defense the first half was a lot of the problem. Our oline didn’t win the battle in the trenches is what hurt the most. The the turn over cost us alot before halftime. LCM will be back next year. Just have to keep improving. 

Dave Campbell won't be picking the Bears last in District for 2022.

2 minutes ago, Hasbeen77 said:

Dave Campbell won't be picking the Bears last in District for 2022.

They were second to last. Lumberton was at the bottom. The kids have to kid in that weight room  and track. I honestly think Lumberton and Huffman will be pick 1 and 2 by Dave Campbell’s. Vidor and LCM 3 and 4 toss up

15 minutes ago, LCM said:

They were second to last. Lumberton was at the bottom. The kids have to kid in that weight room  and track. I honestly think Lumberton and Huffman will be pick 1 and 2 by Dave Campbell’s. Vidor and LCM 3 and 4 toss up

I thought Vidor was going back up?