#6 Texas High 12-0 v #10 Crosby 11-2 (Rematch) - Friday 7:30, Abe Martin, Lufkin

bordertown

Texas High v Crosby  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:30 AM

• bordertown changed the title to Texas High 12-0 v Crosby 11-2 (Rematch) - Friday 7:30, Abe Martin, Lufkin

Both teams playing well right now Crosby has proven to be team of region until they get beat.  offense is very good and defense has a lot of speed. Front 4 big and fast. T High imo is still getting better. Similar to first round Stewart at Rb was all they needed last night . Crosby won’t let him beat them. Qb has stepped up big past couple of games he will have to be on to beat Crosby . Hope both teams come in to game healthy.  7:30 Friday in Lufkin 

• Like 1

Crosby’s speed was real problem for us last year and that’s not normally an issue for us .  I agree , we seem to be getting better since the playoffs started .  Someone is due for a bad game and I pray it’s the Cougars …lol!   Our kids have some motivation to avenge last years game and I had hoped we would get this matchup so Abe Martin it is ….go Tigers!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigDaddyCool said:

Hoping for a better result than last year .  I don’t think Crosby has seen a defense as good as ours but we definitely have not played an offense as prolific as their’s.  Looking the bracket , I like the winner of this games chances to make it to Jerry World . 

I beg to differ. Carthage had a solid Defense and so did Manvel. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BigDaddyCool said:

Crosby’s speed was real problem for us last year and that’s not normally an issue for us .  I agree , we seem to be getting better since the playoffs started .  Someone is due for a bad game and I pray it’s the Cougars …lol!   Our kids have some motivation to avenge last years game and I had hoped we would get this matchup so Abe Martin it is ….go Tigers!

Last year's team had more offensive speed than this year's team imo. But this team is more disciplined and have more depth than last year's team. Last year every opponent knew the game plan was to Dunn and Branch, but this year it's multiple players making plays. 

Defensively, #40 McCoy Casey is a 1 man wrecking crew by himself.  He commands a double team. #5 Tyler Cooper is going to be a problem too. 

Cyrin Myles is careful with the ball. He's probably only thrown 3 picks all season to like 30-35 TDs . 

This is the match up I wanted to see and I got it. 

Crosby by 10

Obviously rooting for Texas High but trying to remain somewhat objective I have to give Crosby the favorite.  In no way do I mean to infer we can't pull this off. Texas High had me concerned most of the year but looking back the start of the season (play a game off a week, and repeat again) didn't allow us to peak til much later.   I think both of these districts were extremely top heavy. TBH I was expecting much more from Texas City & PNG.   I had heard the chatter about PNG's big OL and have no idea how that was ever born. Texas High terrorized their QB.

IMO this game could go either way.  I've got nothing but respect for Crosby.  They flat rolled us last year.  Hoping for a good game and I think if we can start good and get to halftime about even we will be in good shape.   Looking forward to a great game.

• Crawford changed the title to #6 Texas High 12-0 v #10 Crosby 11-2 (Rematch) - Friday 7:30, Abe Martin, Lufkin

Looking forward to the rematch and I agree based on last season’s loss, Crosby is the favorite. I felt last year, the Crosby coach did an excellent job game planning against the Tiger defense. They appeared to use the team speed of the Tigers against themselves by allowing the edge rushers to vacate an area for Dunn to run through. By the time TH adjusted they had been scorched. 

I watched the last 15 minutes of the A&M game. A&M had good size on both sides of the ball, seemed to have average team speed. The defense seemed to struggle against the power and the offense took advantage of the A&M’s lack of team speed. Tigers are not as big, but definitely have more team speed. I am impressed with the decision making of the Cougar QB with only 3 interceptions on the season. He will facing an opportunistic Tiger secondary that has feasted on interceptions. The Cougars have multiple offensive players contributing. The Tiger defenders need to play their responsibilities and not overcommit by getting out of positions.

On the offense, Tiger OL need to crack some holes for Braylon Stewart. He has 1908 yards rushing on the season and we will need him.

One thing for certain, both offenses will be facing the best defenses they have faced all year. 

• Like 1

Pretty even teams imo. Hope it’s a good game. Crosby dline is athletic but secondary is questionable. If T high can give qb enough time I think they can move the ball. Crosby Qb like y’all said has had a great year I don’t see Texas high defense being dominant this week because of him. He Can run with it and shown to be pretty accurate even when people are after him , have to pay attention to rb as well he’s had a few big games for them this year . RB and Qb were great for them last year but they also had a couple wrs that went to state in track that caused some problems for T high when they were able to get the ball in their hands. #4 for Crosby is a player but imo overall speed outside wasn’t what it was last year. 

12 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

Last year's team had more offensive speed than this year's team imo. But this team is more disciplined and have more depth than last year's team. Last year every opponent knew the game plan was to Dunn and Branch, but this year it's multiple players making plays. 

Defensively, #40 McCoy Casey is a 1 man wrecking crew by himself.  He commands a double team. #5 Tyler Cooper is going to be a problem too. 

Cyrin Myles is careful with the ball. He's probably only thrown 3 picks all season to like 30-35 TDs . 

This is the match up I wanted to see and I got it. 

Crosby by 10

Couldn’t remember qb from last year Branch was he #2? Is he playing anywhere this year? Tried to keep up with him after playoff run last year.

1 hour ago, RogerDorn said:

Couldn’t remember qb from last year Branch was he #2? Is he playing anywhere this year? Tried to keep up with him after playoff run last year.

Incarnate Word … have him listed as a DB. Think he may be redshirted. Curious where Dunn ended up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

The QB against T High last year was #2 Dunn. Branch wore #1 . 

Dunn attends Tyler JUCO 

Branch attends Incarnated Word and switched to DB

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bordertown said:

Curious how Marshall fans, that have seen both teams, see the game unfolding.

imo Marshall game you go back and look at 2 starters out on defense and this was before addition of #1 at wr and #5 at Lb imo they both have made a difference since being able to play.