#6 Texas High 12-0 v #10 Crosby 11-2 (Rematch) - Friday 7:30, Abe Martin, Lufkin

bordertown

Texas High v Crosby  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:30 AM

22 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

Pretty even teams imo. Hope it’s a good game. Crosby dline is athletic but secondary is questionable. If T high can give qb enough time I think they can move the ball. Crosby Qb like y’all said has had a great year I don’t see Texas high defense being dominant this week because of him. He Can run with it and shown to be pretty accurate even when people are after him , have to pay attention to rb as well he’s had a few big games for them this year . RB and Qb were great for them last year but they also had a couple wrs that went to state in track that caused some problems for T high when they were able to get the ball in their hands. #4 for Crosby is a player but imo overall speed outside wasn’t what it was last year. 

Not correcting, just asking.  I’ve been reading Cougars have over 20 int’s this year.  If that’s true would you still think secondary weak?  Of course with Crosby’s dominant record, Teams are throwing a lot of desperation passes, & that’ll lead to interceptions.  Probably similar with TH.  Hail, maybe I answered my own question.  Crosby may be favorite but I anticipate a good game.  MLBs saying, “Here, hold my teeth”….   😂😂🤣😂😂

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:28 AM, THSfanatic said:

Obviously rooting for Texas High but trying to remain somewhat objective I have to give Crosby the favorite.  In no way do I mean to infer we can't pull this off. Texas High had me concerned most of the year but looking back the start of the season (play a game off a week, and repeat again) didn't allow us to peak til much later.   I think both of these districts were extremely top heavy. TBH I was expecting much more from Texas City & PNG.   I had heard the chatter about PNG's big OL and have no idea how that was ever born. Texas High terrorized their QB.

IMO this game could go either way.  I've got nothing but respect for Crosby.  They flat rolled us last year.  Hoping for a good game and I think if we can start good and get to halftime about even we will be in good shape.   Looking forward to a great game.

I’ve watched the TH vs PNG game three times and I didn’t see a lot of terrorizing against PNG’s qb. They got to him some but Crippen can’t really run, if you give Myles that much time and those type of running lanes when y’all vacate in pass coverage he’s going to run for 15-20 yard chunks all night. PNG’s o-line created gaping holes at times in the run game, we’re going to the house in those situations. 

PNG’s qb was just missing some throws he normally makes. I can’t count the number of wide open receivers I saw running through TH’a defense. That’s going to look magnified against Crosby because. Myles also isn’t going to force the ball into tight spots and give y’all easy pics like PNG did. He’s going to pull it down and run it and have your defensive line gassed from chasing him. 

Texas City just can’t score so that result really didn’t surprise me. Crosby had them down 36-7 at halftime and 50-13 after three, they last 21 points came against backups. 

13 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

Im hearing TH will be down a few starters for this game! 

Heard from a reliable source that half of Crosby's starters are out with covid and Crosby has gotten permission from UIL to fill vacancies with players from their girls volleyball team. ( Crosby by 2pts)

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Not correcting, just asking.  I’ve been reading Cougars have over 20 int’s this year.  If that’s true would you still think secondary weak?  Of course with Crosby’s dominant record, Teams are throwing a lot of desperation passes, & that’ll lead to interceptions.  Probably similar with TH.  Hail, maybe I answered my own question.  Crosby may be favorite but I anticipate a good game.  MLBs saying, “Here, hold my teeth”….   😂😂🤣😂😂

I misspoke on the other site. We only have 19 interceptions on the season to go with 7 fumble recoveries and 64 sacks. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 9:06 AM, bordertown said:

Looking forward to the rematch and I agree based on last season’s loss, Crosby is the favorite. I felt last year, the Crosby coach did an excellent job game planning against the Tiger defense. They appeared to use the team speed of the Tigers against themselves by allowing the edge rushers to vacate an area for Dunn to run through. By the time TH adjusted they had been scorched. 

I watched the last 15 minutes of the A&M game. A&M had good size on both sides of the ball, seemed to have average team speed. The defense seemed to struggle against the power and the offense took advantage of the A&M’s lack of team speed. Tigers are not as big, but definitely have more team speed. I am impressed with the decision making of the Cougar QB with only 3 interceptions on the season. He will facing an opportunistic Tiger secondary that has feasted on interceptions. The Cougars have multiple offensive players contributing. The Tiger defenders need to play their responsibilities and not overcommit by getting out of positions.

On the offense, Tiger OL need to crack some holes for Braylon Stewart. He has 1908 yards rushing on the season and we will need him.

One thing for certain, both offenses will be facing the best defenses they have faced all year. 

I don’t think TH is going to have the best defense we’ve seen all season. I think Carthage and Manvel were better for sure, I also think PAM with that size and speed was better. I see TH’s defense pretty equivalent to Texas City’s from the 4 games I’ve watched from them. 

In order for TH’a dbs to feast on interceptions they have to be near the receivers and last year they weren’t which is why Dunn threw 6 tds. When y’all did kind of cover he took off and ran for over 100 yards. Myles is a better runner and passer than Dunn was, he also has 1,100 rushing yards and 19 tds to go with his passing numbers. Keep in mind he’s probably only finished 5 games this year. 

Speed doesn’t bother us as much as size does. TH has nowhere near the speed that PAM does and we handled them fine. Three of our receivers are probably going to be on our 4x100 relay team and I think are going to give your dbs all sorts of trouble. Our receivers and Myles taking off from the pocket/avoiding the rush is where the Crosby speed will stand out the most. I also think the closing speed of our defensive line is going to be an issue for TH. 

16 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

Im hearing TH will be down a few starters for this game! 

16 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

Have heard grades got a few starters . Changes everything 

What grading schedule is Texas High on? Most districts end right before Winter Break (6 week schedule) 

So if they're on that grading schedule and missing players cause of grades they shouldn't have been playing to begin with last week. 

If it's a 9 week schedule then who knows.......

46 minutes ago, BigDaddyCool said:

Unfortunately true , Texas high has lost 4 key starters , 2 on offense and 2 on defense .  I hate this because all 4 are big parts of the Texas High game .  I’m pulling for my tigers but going to be a real challenge now . 

If that is true then I'd say Crosby will win .......you can't lose 4 starters and be effective in the 4th round.    I don't have a close inside look into the kids as I did at one time so I'm just assuming the statement is true

My source on this is very reliable and close to the team.  I’m not quite sure how this happened because the grading period ended three weeks ago .  My daughter is in band and some kids that failed were ineligible the week before last weeks game and then suddenly they were eligible for last weeks game during thanksgiving week.  I don’t know for sure but apparently the school being out all week effected that and now that school is back in session , those same kids are now not eligible again.  Wide receiver , offensive lineman, defensive tackle and linebacker are the affected positions .  Hopefully we can have someone step up but this is going to be a challenge.

To all Tiger fans and other doubters...Do not fret, all is not lost even if what has been alleged is true.  Texas High is almost as healthy at this point in the season as they have been all year.  The only injury concerns are the third and fourth string running backs that got hurt in mop up duty last Friday and they may be good to go.  We have had starters out at various times during the season due to injury.  The affect or effect of losing a player due to grades or injury is the same.  No one is playing both ways so depth should not be a problem if what the allegations made on this thread are true.  It is next man up and I believe that the Tigers will be just fine.  This is the first time all season that this issue of grades has been voiced all year.  Let us not pay too much attention to this issue and support this team and have confidence in them.  Go Tigers!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

To all Tiger fans and other doubters...Do not fret, all is not lost even if what has been alleged is true.  Texas High is almost as healthy at this point in the season as they have been all year.  The only injury concerns are the third and fourth string running backs that got hurt in mop up duty last Friday and they may be good to go.  We have had starters out at various times during the season due to injury.  The affect or effect of losing a player due to grades or injury is the same.  No one is playing both ways so depth should not be a problem if what the allegations made on this thread are true.  It is next man up and I believe that the Tigers will be just fine.  This is the first time all season that this issue of grades has been voiced all year.  Let us not pay too much attention to this issue and support this team and have confidence in them.  Go Tigers!

4th round they will have to step up. Like you mentioned they have had guys out almost every game. If T high Qb is playing good I think they can pull it out.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:33 AM, BigDaddyCool said:

My source on this is very reliable and close to the team.  I’m not quite sure how this happened because the grading period ended three weeks ago .  My daughter is in band and some kids that failed were ineligible the week before last weeks game and then suddenly they were eligible for last weeks game during thanksgiving week.  I don’t know for sure but apparently the school being out all week effected that and now that school is back in session , those same kids are now not eligible again.  Wide receiver , offensive lineman, defensive tackle and linebacker are the affected positions .  Hopefully we can have someone step up but this is going to be a challenge.

I could be wrong but I think a student can play even though they did not pass if school is not in service ( Thanksgiving break)....but once school is back they will go back to being ineligible until they show they are passing (not sure how many weeks that is)

On 11/29/2021 at 7:45 PM, BigDaddyCool said:

Unfortunately true , Texas high has lost 4 key starters , 2 on offense and 2 on defense .  I hate this because all 4 are big parts of the Texas High game .  I’m pulling for my tigers but going to be a real challenge now . 

Do you know #’s of players that will be out this week?

looks like if they can makes grades tomorrow  and t high gets a win they could play next week??

55 minutes ago, BigDaddyCool said:

77, 16, 27, 1

If your numbers are correct, #77's loss will hurt the o-line, #16 has been a pleasant surprise and steady all season, but his loss, I believe can be overcome.  #27's loss means more playing time for a player that is just as good that got a late start due to transfer rules and he has a Big 12 scholarship offer since the 10th grade and the loss of #1 only means that we go with the same wide receivers that we had the first seven weeks of the regular season.  All this means is that we have to rely on our depth.  #27 is a linebacker and that is probably the only position group where we have not been affected by injury but we have a big, fast, talented replacement ready to go.  Believe me, it would be in error if the team lost the game because these players didn't play.

10 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

If your numbers are correct, #77's loss will hurt the o-line, #16 has been a pleasant surprise and steady all season, but his loss, I believe can be overcome.  #27's loss means more playing time for a player that is just as good that got a late start due to transfer rules and he has a Big 12 scholarship offer since the 10th grade and the loss of #1 only means that we go with the same wide receivers that we had the first seven weeks of the regular season.  All this means is that we have to rely on our depth.  #27 is a linebacker and that is probably the only position group where we have not been affected by injury but we have a big, fast, talented replacement ready to go.  Believe me, it would be in error if the team lost the game because these players didn't play.

I like your optimism!  Would prefer us to be 100% against a team like Crosby but that’s football.  #1 is no doubt our fastest and most athletic receiver so he will be missed .  I’ll be there cheering them on .  I’m sure proud of these kids and coaches .  It’s been a long time since we have been this deep in the lost season . 

1 hour ago, BigDaddyCool said:

I like your optimism!  Would prefer us to be 100% against a team like Crosby but that’s football.  #1 is no doubt our fastest and most athletic receiver so he will be missed .  I’ll be there cheering them on .  I’m sure proud of these kids and coaches .  It’s been a long time since we have been this deep in the lost season . 

sounds like you’re thinking it may end...let’s go T High. They can still pull it out .