#6 Texas High 12-0 v #10 Crosby 11-2 (Rematch) - Friday 7:30, Abe Martin, Lufkin

bordertown

Texas High v Crosby  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:30 AM

Congrats to the Tigers tonight.  The defense really showed up despite two starters out due to grades.  They could have possibly made a difference in the outcome of the game but we should have won the game with the defense that was on the field and played so very well.  Our HC/AD left the passing plays back in Texarkana.  Sometimes you must pass the ball to open up lanes for the running game and not always the other way around.  I would honestly be surprised if Crosby wins state because #10 is really their only threat on offense.  Their fans have criticized the Tigers for supposedly playing in a weak district.  Looks to me like Crosby is the one that played in a weak district for that offense to have amassed so many yards and get held to ONE touchdown tonight.  Their fans are spoiled by their team's success.  I sat on their side and they were surprised that they were held to 3 points at halftime.  I told them that we are not Marshall and they are not going to blow us out.  Their defense probably played their best game tonight looking at how many points they were giving up.  #40 gave us fits all night.

• Like 1

Both teams were bringing the heavy lumber last night. Very, very physical game. I think Texas High wanted a slow it down, low scoring affair and they got it. The people complaining about TX High’s lack of passing in the play calling - Crosby was bringing serious heat on those drop backs. The pocket just never held for Texas High. And look, the Texas High running game just couldn’t get it going. People look at points per game and immediately think Crosby’s defense is soft.

#20 for Crosby is a tough and nimble runner. I feel like they do need to feed him the ball more as well. He is basically unheralded bc they get the ball to 14 and 4 a lot, and QB-10 is the first option running. Although they can beat you a lot of ways, when they get Jones going - look out. #20 and #10 are not easy to tackle. 

Crosby folk, I am pulling for y’all to win state.

I wanted y’all to beat Aledo last year so bad!!

We have friends in Crosby who are big Cougar supporters as well and I’d like the Cougars to win state for them.

But the Crosby posters who come onto SDC with this massive chip on your collective shoulder - y’all need to slow your roll. You have a good team and have had a good team for several years now, but you’ve won nothing and kind of act like your team is about to win three state championships in a row. 

Calm yourselves, enjoy the ride your team is on and for real, good luck, I hope you win state.

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Crosby folk, I am pulling for y’all to win state.

I wanted y’all to beat Aledo last year so bad!!

We have friends in Crosby who are big Cougar supporters as well and I’d like the Cougars to win state for them.

But the Crosby posters who come onto SDC with this massive chip on your collective shoulder - y’all need to slow your roll. You have a good team and have had a good team for several years now, but you’ve won nothing and kind of act like your team is about to win three state championships in a row. 

Calm yourselves, enjoy the ride your team is on and for real, good luck, I hope you win state.

Wrong, nobody has a chip. Look at the post that was replied to.  Obviously there was a #20 on the field for Crosby.  Crosby posters don’t sugar coat their posts and some have a hard time with that.  Now, thoughts on next week, Liberty Hill is just plain tough, hopefully special teams execute and Crosby gets one more stop than they do.  That offense has always given the the COOGS trouble.(see how that works)