#4 WOS VS #5 CHINA SPRING : REMATCH

wos96

Quarterfinals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. WHO YOU GOT?

• WOS Mustangs (11-1)
    • China Spring Cougars (13-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:30 AM

20 minutes ago, CSMike said:

If you watched the game and saw the missed block in the back on the kickoff return and the missed offensive pi and the missed Facemask (I could go on) but CS was up 24-7 at one point and it should’ve been 31-7. The refs kept Carthage in it with no calls. This  CS team may just be Goliath. 

What bunch of crap, those ref blew calls on both sides. 
CS out played the Dawgs plain and simple. That 31 to 7 was a stupid comment. The game wasn’t over until the 15 yard penalty for jumping on the missed 49 yard field goal and then another 15 yard penalty for personal foul. The score was 24 to 17. Who to say the Dawgs getting the ball on the missed field goal and drive for the TD and over time. 
Take you well earned win and move on. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CSMike said:

If you watched the game and saw the missed block in the back on the kickoff return and the missed offensive pi and the missed Facemask (I could go on) but CS was up 24-7 at one point and it should’ve been 31-7. The refs kept Carthage in it with no calls. This  CS team may just be Goliath. 

Interesting.  

27 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

What bunch of crap, those ref blew calls on both sides. 
CS out played the Dawgs plain and simple. That 31 to 7 was a stupid comment. The game wasn’t over until the 15 yard penalty for jumping on the missed 49 yard field goal and then another 15 yard penalty for personal foul. The score was 24 to 17. Who to say the Dawgs getting the ball on the missed field goal and drive for the TD and over time. 
Take you well earned win and move on. 

Carthage two best plays of the night (kickoff return and TD) were simply uncalled penalties right in front of the refs. 

Outside of those plays they gained hardly any yards. 

it was ugly. 

2 hours ago, CSMike said:

Carthage two best plays of the night (kickoff return and TD) were simply uncalled penalties right in front of the refs. 

it was ugly. 

Act you you been here before, champion ships are won without excuses. Stop whining about a win and concentrate on WOS. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Act you you been here before, champion ships are won without excuses. Stop whining about a win and concentrate on WOS. 

When you say things Carthage fans don’t like, they call it whining. 

Go figure. I’ve upset you. 😂

9 hours ago, CSMike said:

it was ugly. 

There is an old adage that says something about how an official could call holding on every play if they wanted to, because it truly happens nearly every play. Bad calls and missed calls happen in every game and to every team. 

I have better uses of my time than to go back and watch this game to look for uncalled penalties on CS or bad calls against Carthage, but I bet if I did and had access to every view imaginable I’d find plenty. It happens. It would be one thing to poo poo about if it cost CS the game, but it didn’t. CS was pretty much in control from the get go. It was every bit as close a game as the score indicated and were it not for jumping over the center it could be a different story. But he did jump over the center and CS earned and deserved the win they got. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, wos96 said:

China Spring is going to have a bad night if they cant find some other game plan besides the run... The backs for Bellville were Shut down.... The young man Major at China Spring is a Great player but he can't do it by himself the D is getting better each week  for the Mustangs...

China Spring had some big throws. They aren’t gonna drop back 20 times and beat you, but they mix it in enough to catch the defense off guard. The QB threw some great passes. He’s more than capable of dropping them in to a receiver who’s in one on one coverage. I was highly impressed with his passing ability. Don’t be fooled into thinking they are just one dimensional.

• Like 1

Just now, JBizzle said:

China Spring had some big throws. They aren’t gonna drop back 20 times and beat you, but they mix it in enough to catch the defense off guard. The QB threw some great passes. He’s more than capable of dropping them in to a receiver who’s in one on one coverage. I was highly impressed with his passing ability. Don’t be fooled into thinking they are just one dimensional.

Agreed! Even last year, when Carthage beat CS handily, you could still tell that Bowden was a great talent and player.  CS can and will throw when needed.  I do not know for sure who will win, but I do believe this will be a really good game! 

• Like 1

I feel confident in picking China Spring although I am biased. I see some folks talking about speed from WOS. I think you might want to remember that China Spring has speed as well. I can guarantee WOS will not have faced a defense any better than what they will see Friday night. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

I feel confident in picking China Spring although I am biased. I see some folks talking about speed from WOS. I think you might want to remember that China Spring has speed as well. I can guarantee WOS will not have faced a defense any better than what they will see Friday night. 

I'm gonna have to agree with the last statement.  Jasper's defense is very good, but with the offense they don't have, it puts their defense in bad spots and leaves them on the field all game.  CS was able to shut down the Carthage attack in a way Jasper was unable to.  Carthage was unable to move the CS defensive line.

25 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I'm gonna have to agree with the last statement.  Jasper's defense is very good, but with the offense they don't have, it puts their defense in bad spots and leaves them on the field all game.  CS was able to shut down the Carthage attack in a way Jasper was unable to.  Carthage was unable to move the CS defensive line.

The best Defense belongs to the Dawgs, stats don’t lie. China Spring out played the Dawgs for sure. Their defense was better than our offense. 
You can’t go 4 and out and leave your defense on the field against a well balanced team like China Spring. 
They have the team to win it all. 
WOS has both a good offense and defense, this should be one heck of a game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SportsFan1984 said:

Haven't seen WOS play this year. How do they compare to the 2014 WOS when they gave Gilmer a run for their money in the state championship game? Are they more dominate on defense or offense?

I would say they are more dominant on defense, but they have a lot of speed at the skill positions as usual and a very good RB in Gales.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SportsFan1984 said:

Haven't seen WOS play this year. How do they compare to the 2014 WOS when they gave Gilmer a run for their money in the state championship game? Are they more dominate on defense or offense?

Defense just as good. Offense probably a touch below. But WOS's best year was probably 2015, when they won the state title. That defense was stellar and the offense was a juggernaut as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

I was impressed with China Spring's speed, honestly. Their secondary just completely shut down Hatten. Although, I was really confused by Carthage's play calling, and/or the QB's decision making. It honestly felt like, for the first time I can remember in the Surratt era, the Dawgs just had no counter punch.

Anyway, the Cougars undoubtedly have speed, especially on the defensive side of the ball, and with Bowden at QB. WOS, however, is one of the faster teams I've seen this season, overall, even faster than Gilmer.

I have no good feel for who to pick in this game yet. But it ought to be a doozy!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 10:01 PM, regaleagle said:

WOS speed is very very impressive.......but CS has a great defense and has some speed too.  I think this is the end of the road this season for WOS.......they will meet a defense that can stifle them just enough to prevent them from scoring what they will need to win.  CS will score for sure.......35-27.

22 hours ago, CDAWG68 said:

I believe it will be a tough game, excited to watch this one in person. I feel CS wins this battle 28 to 21.

wo-s fans are saying if carthage played there  a game  wo-s vs carthage

• Confused 1