#4 WOS VS #5 CHINA SPRING : REMATCH

wos96

Quarterfinals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. WHO YOU GOT?

• WOS Mustangs (11-1)
    • China Spring Cougars (13-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:30 AM

45 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

What?!🤦🏾‍♂️

I have become fluent in Powerlifter and if anyone needs a translation at anytime, just @ me.  lol.  

What he is saying is that West Orange Stark fans are hypothesizing that if Carthage had played their "A-game" then it would be a WOS vs. Carthage matchup, instead of WOS vs. China Spring.  

As a Carthage fan, I will say that China Spring had our number this year and the better team won.  In reality, we did not have the offensive output to match our defense and it showed against a CS squad that had a fantastic defense and a QB who was a baller! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I have become fluent in Powerlifter and if anyone needs a translation at anytime, just @ me.  lol.  

What he is saying is that West Orange Stark fans are hypothesizing that if Carthage had played their "A-game" then it would be a WOS vs. Carthage matchup, instead of WOS vs. China Spring.  

As a Carthage fan, I will say that China Spring had our number this year and the better team won.  In reality, we did not have the offensive output to match our defense and it showed against a CS squad that had a fantastic defense and a QB who was a baller! 

You've picked up that second language quickly, Mike. Really impressive.

But I agree with your sentiments. When the smoke cleared, China Spring looked a good bit better, overall, than Carthage. The Dawgs defense was obviously great. But not great enough to overcome some offensive deficiencies. Dawgs offense just never looked right all year long, even in those big offensive outbursts against bad teams. And I'll be honest, unless there's some good ones coming up, I'm not sure the Dawgs offense will be good enough next year to get the job done either. The defense is obviously graduating the house. Carthage fans should be excited, honestly, because 2022 will be more of a challenge than y'all are used to.

1 minute ago, d0tc0m said:

You've picked up that second language quickly, Mike. Really impressive.

But I agree with your sentiments. When the smoke cleared, China Spring looked a good bit better, overall, than Carthage. The Dawgs defense was obviously great. But not great enough to overcome some offensive deficiencies. Dawgs offense just never looked right all year long, even in those big offensive outbursts against bad teams. And I'll be honest, unless there's some good ones coming up, I'm not sure the Dawgs offense will be good enough next year to get the job done either. The defense is obviously graduating the house. Carthage fans should be excited, honestly, because 2022 will be more of a challenge than y'all are used to.

It's only because I have conversed more with Mr. Lifter than most I think, because I just can't help myself. lol

Carthage will have many talented skill players (Hatten, Paddie) return along with many more in the sub varsity teams on the way up.  I think it will all depend on development and improvement on the O-line and to see what happens with the QB position.  Will the incumbent improve? He has potential and flashed it at times.  Or will it be someone else? We shall see, it will be interesting indeed.  

I know that I will be following CS and Celina both closely from hear on.  At the beginning of the year I was really hoping to get to see Carthage and Celina in the title game, but I gotta pull for CS now! No offense dotcom.  But it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Celina was there to play them.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

It's only because I have conversed more with Mr. Lifter than most I think, because I just can't help myself. lol

Carthage will have many talented skill players (Hatten, Paddie) return along with many more in the sub varsity teams on the way up.  I think it will all depend on development and improvement on the O-line and to see what happens with the QB position.  Will the incumbent improve? He has potential and flashed it at times.  Or will it be someone else? We shall see, it will be interesting indeed.  

I know that I will be following CS and Celina both closely from hear on.  At the beginning of the year I was really hoping to get to see Carthage and Celina in the title game, but I gotta pull for CS now! No offense dotcom.  But it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Celina was there to play them.  

Well I was pulling for a Celina-Carthage state title game, too! And I won't ever take offense to anything said on here, man, lol. Doesn't effect me one iota, and doesn't really effect the way I think of anybody on here! We're all fans of our teams, and mostly everything on this board is done and said in good fun. Truth is, I could probably get along with just about everyone on here in person, regardless of what team they cheer for.

Since we didn't get the 2008 throwback title game, though, I'll pull for a 2007 remake. Hoping it ends with another Celina state title over the Cougars, of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powerlifter said:

cs is the fav big time and they should be thay are walking on  cloud 9. last friday they knock off the state champs wo-s  has got to play there  a game to stay close.

Both teams are gonna have to play their A game. These two are pretty evenly matched, and even though CS knocked off Carthage last week, I give WOS a slight edge in this matchup.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CSMike said:

Carthage two best plays of the night (kickoff return and TD) were simply uncalled penalties right in front of the refs. 

Outside of those plays they gained hardly any yards. 

it was ugly. 

That's one way to look at it.

Another is that it would have been very interesting to see what Carthage, with momentum from having scored the game's last 10 points, would have done with 2:30 left in the game and the ball on their 32 had there not been a call for leaping.  Under Coach Surratt, the Bulldogs have moved the ball farther than that in a lot less time frequently. 

Seriously, weren't you rather concerned until you saw that yellow flag on the ground? 

WOS one hope, China Springs celebrated their season after beating Carthage.  In their minds they’re Champions already.  I’ve seen that scenario play out quite a few times over the years, even in the Pros.  If that’s not the case, well………my hearts with the Stangs but my money is on CS.