#4 WOS VS #5 CHINA SPRING : REMATCH

wos96

Quarterfinals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. WHO YOU GOT?

• WOS Mustangs (11-1)
    • China Spring Cougars (13-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2021 at 01:30 AM

On 11/29/2021 at 2:39 PM, mikehoncho said:

It's only because I have conversed more with Mr. Lifter than most I think, because I just can't help myself. lol

Carthage will have many talented skill players (Hatten, Paddie) return along with many more in the sub varsity teams on the way up.  I think it will all depend on development and improvement on the O-line and to see what happens with the QB position.  Will the incumbent improve? He has potential and flashed it at times.  Or will it be someone else? We shall see, it will be interesting indeed.  

I know that I will be following CS and Celina both closely from hear on.  At the beginning of the year I was really hoping to get to see Carthage and Celina in the title game, but I gotta pull for CS now! No offense dotcom.  But it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Celina was there to play them.  

Was impressed with Paddie in Crosby game. He is going to only get better IMO

On 11/29/2021 at 1:48 PM, wos96 said:

Remember this a rematch from last year and the Mustangs have a full squad.. last year 7 starters went out with Covid......

This CS team has outperformed last years team by a lot against similar opponents. 

example last year lost to salado by 14 this year 48-7 Cougars

last year beat Sealy 31-13

this year beat Sealy 48-7

Last year Iost to Carthage 52-14

this year won by 10. 

This is gonna be a heck of a game

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Wrong 

Carthage had 86 yards rushing and 163 passing

Then you should define that as total offense not total yards. Learn how to use stats properly. You got 70+ yards on a kickoff return mentioned and 25+ on pass mentioned 

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

16 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Let’s go CS! Time to knock off another juggernaut. Be the giant slayer of 2021 and become the giant! 

C’mon mike, CS is the juggernaut in this game.  CS is 13-0 & just beat the unbeatable (Carthage).

Just watched the CS highlights of Carthage game.  The Carthage D prior to the game was being referred to as one of the best ever.  That reputation was primarily against the spread offense.  CS changed the matchups and used the old run game, which they do very, very well.  Great move by the CS coaching staff.  I’m not sure that’ll work against WOS.  They faced buku running teams successfully, including Vidor in a pre-season scrimmage.  I think WOS matches up better with CS than they would’ve with Carthage.  Going to be a heckuva game.  CS has to be the favorite, but they’ll need to bring their A game.

14 minutes ago, Hagar said:

C’mon mike, CS is the juggernaut in this game.  CS is 13-0 & just beat the unbeatable (Carthage).

Just watched the CS highlights of Carthage game.  The Carthage D prior to the game was being referred to as one of the best ever.  That reputation was primarily against the spread offense.  CS changed the matchups and used the old run game, which they do very, very well.  Great move by the CS coaching staff.  I’m not sure that’ll work against WOS.  They faced buku running teams successfully, including Vidor in a pre-season scrimmage.  I think WOS matches up better with CS than they would’ve with Carthage.  Going to be a heckuva game.  CS has to be the favorite, but they’ll need to bring their A game.

Don’t ruin my speech! Lol 😂

Both teams are obviously very good this year and despite the poll on this site, I’ve a feeling that statewide WOS might still be considered the favorite in this one and historically has more titles and pedigree (I could be wrong, I don’t have time to look it up, just going off of memory lol). 

I do agree that WOS matches up better for CS than they would have with Carthage. I think CS can do it though. Ought to be a great game. One possession I believe. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Both teams are obviously very good this year and despite the poll on this site, I’ve a feeling that statewide WOS might still be considered the favorite in this one and historically has more titles and pedigree (I could be wrong, I don’t have time to look it up, just going off of memory lol). 

I do agree that WOS matches up better for CS than they would have with Carthage. I think CS can do it though. Ought to be a great game. One possession I believe. 

Put a laughing emoji on the post, but it deserves two.  One humor & one serious “good post”.  I put 102 as the O/U on the LCM/El Campo game, which was 45 (24-21).  I tell you this to expose myself as a terrible prognosticator, although I got the winner right.  I won’t embarrass myself with an O/U on this one.  Pulling for WOS, but if my life was on the line, I’d pick CS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

wo-s will put 7 jr on the field tonight one frh 3 sr should be a good match up 

4 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

wo-s will put 7 jr on the field tonight one frh 3 sr should be a good match up 

I knew you'd react to my post with a Poo or grumpy old men. lol.  

To be fair, if Carthage had made it to this round and lost to WOS I would be rooting for WOS.  I always root for the team that beats my team (in the rare occasions it happens thankfully lol)

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I knew you'd react to my post with a Poo or grumpy old men. lol.  

To be fair, if Carthage had made it to this round and lost to WOS I would be rooting for WOS.  I always root for the team that beats my team (in the rare occasions it happens thankfully lol)

your a good man and a true sport mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2021 at 10:35 AM, d0tc0m said:

I was impressed with China Spring's speed, honestly. Their secondary just completely shut down Hatten. Although, I was really confused by Carthage's play calling, and/or the QB's decision making. It honestly felt like, for the first time I can remember in the Surratt era, the Dawgs just had no counter punch.

Anyway, the Cougars undoubtedly have speed, especially on the defensive side of the ball, and with Bowden at QB. WOS, however, is one of the faster teams I've seen this season, overall, even faster than Gilmer.

I have no good feel for who to pick in this game yet. But it ought to be a doozy!

I remember another 2015 LV ran Carthage out of the stadium.  Only other time I've seen Carthage not look like Carthage