Carthage fans we have to do better.

ctown81

5 hours ago, Lions70 said:

You don’t many Carthage fans now do you? 

Can we please get a few humble pie recipes, I am sure you know of several different recipes. We want to make sure our humble pies are being prepared properly!🤣 I am proud win or lose, it's part of life. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Dawgs will have 9 players playing college football next year. 
We did not win the third state championship in a row but the Dawgs made their biggest homer fan very proud. As an old guy, Friday nights watching the Dawgs play is the most fun I could ever ask for. 
It will feel like eternity before the Dawgs take the field next season, but I will be ready to back them and have new players to brag about and root for. 
Thank you Dawgs for making Friday nights the best entertainment a high school fan could ever hope for. 
We Dawg fans are so blessed to have the coaches, players, band, and cheer leaders that we have at Carthage. 
Everyone in the state knows about the Carthage Bull Dawgs. I travel all over three countries and you should see the pride I show when I talk about the Dawgs. It is priceless. 
God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 
Thank you Dawgs for another great year. 

• Love 3

Never take success for granted ... if you do, you tend to forget what it took to get to the point of success in the first place.

And once the "granted" takes hold, success can slowly and stealthy slip away.

And most people never notice until it's too late.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, Eagleborn said:

That’s everywhere. Our runs spoiled our fans and still ain’t recovered. Now it seems like folks go to a game just to be seen and gossip. 

We haven’t had the state title success as a Gilmer, Carthage or even Tatum…but can confirm things have definitely been similar to what all of y’all are posting on here

Home Lobo games are just pitiful on the home side now. Away games, before this season, at least things were still big and a lot were on their feet and making noise. But even against Lancaster in round 2 it was disappointing. That was the first time I had ever been told (not asked) to sit down cause the lady behind me didn’t want to stand up. Denton Ryan was a little different because it was streamed on a paid website and that seemed to bring everyone out. But it’s been trending down ever since we won State. I even remember hearing back in 2019, if we made it back that a lot of people would just watch it on TV.

I don’t get it one bit. I might criticize a lot about our program and especially during games, but I couldn’t imagine not making an effort to go see our boys and cheer them on each week.

• Like 4

On 11/27/2021 at 4:36 PM, ctown81 said:

I posted this on Facebook and thought I'd share it here too. 

Carthage fans, not saying it would have made a difference but one clear advantage CS had on us was the energy of the crowd. I remember seeing our boys trying to get the crowd going and for the most parts our fans just sat there. CS built off the energy of that crowd and played great football, but watching on Ctown's side was a boring atmosphere. That's the only way to put it. Felt like a regular season game IMO. I'm sorry but this was a disgrace. Always had been to me and we missed an opportunity to help our boys. 

Complacency allows others to just pass you by.  However, the best cure for complacency is failure.  These guys and these fans will bounce back next year.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t say our team got complacent, but I do think some of our fans had become complacent.

SS would never allow his team to be complacent.

Surratt has always said their favorite ring is always the next one, and we can’t be satisfied with successes from the past as they are the past.

Surratt is too much of a competitor to allow his team to be complacent and not be hungry.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, Matt said:

I have no idea if Gilmer or Carthage fans were too quiet and complacent…. But winning so much creates expectations that aren’t fair to kids who had nothing to do with past successes. True story, walking out of the state championship game that Gilmer lost to that Wing-T team, two Gilmer fans were talking trash about Jeff Traylor, about how he lost the game about how they need to really think about his coaching ability. Seriously. This is not an indictment of all Gilmer fans, they have GREAT fans just like Carthage…, these were just a couple of yoohhoos, but that’s what happens when you win so much. I tell you, we had success in Jacksonville in the 1990s—no state championships but several nice runs— and we had that, too. Would LOVE to get back to that…
Just this week, Nick Saban went off on the Alabama fans for just such a thing.

I remember that game in 2007.  Liberty Hill simply lined up and ran it down Gilmer's throat, 38-13.  They had beat Carthage 41-14 in the second round.  There was nothing Traylor could have done.  I've watched football for many years and I have never seen an offense run to such perfection before or since.

47 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I wouldn’t say our team got complacent, but I do think some of our fans had become complacent.

SS would never allow his team to be complacent.

Surratt has always said their favorite ring is always the next one, and we can’t be satisfied with successes from the past as they are the past.

Surratt is too much of a competitor to allow his team to be complacent and not be hungry.

The post was about the fans.  That’s what I was referring to

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

Carthage hasn't taken a beating like that since the 3rd Punic War.

Yet, were right there about to have a chance to go tie the game at 24-24 had that ignorant personal foul been called even though it had absolutely zero bearing on the result of the play.

I know, I know, the rules are the rules and you can’t jump over the long snapper even if you completely hurdle him not touching him at all….. 

Just a very unfortunate way for the win streak to end.