4A D2 Champion who you got now?

TCU44

It’s still too close to call for me. I could see a WOS vs Gilmer title game just as easily as I could see China Spring vs. Celina. I’m kinda excited to get to watch some of these games without a dog in the fight and just enjoy what is hopefully some tense, down to the wire matchups. 

• Like 2

Celina is really jelling and looking smooth.  Looking like the old Celina when they were winning it every year.  Carthage may return next year, we will see, but there are some much better programs setting up a great finale in this classification. I'm going with the Bobcats to win it all this year and their reign may be the new Sheriff in town.

I hate talking about this when there are still games to be played out of respect of teams not mentioned; however, I feel there are only 4 teams you can mention in regards to this thread. WOS, CS, Gilmer and Celina. Out of these teams, WOS, CS and Celina are more defense oriented as opposed to Gilmer being more of we will just outscore you. Defense wins championships, but which of the teams listed stop Gilmer’s offense who is averaging 65 ppg in the playoffs so far? Is Celina still running that 10-1 defense? If so, they will get hammered by Gilmer.

9 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I hate talking about this when there are still games to be played out of respect of teams not mentioned; however, I feel there are only 4 teams you can mention in regards to this thread. WOS, CS, Gilmer and Celina. Out of these teams, WOS, CS and Celina are more defense oriented as opposed to Gilmer being more of we will just outscore you. Defense wins championships, but which of the teams listed stop Gilmer’s offense who is averaging 65 ppg in the playoffs so far? Is Celina still running that 10-1 defense? If so, they will get hammered by Gilmer.

You foolish if you are leaving Cuero out of the mix. 

18 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

7 minutes ago, jubilant said:

You foolish if you are leaving Cuero out of the mix. 

Agree with Jubilant. Cuero is good.

In terms of Celina's defense, they are good enough to go with Gilmer. We still run the 10-1 and 10-1 Special when the situation dictates. Like this week, against Aubrey, you'll see a lot of 10-1 and Special, probably. Against the Buckeyes, that wouldn't make much sense. You'll see a mix of defensive looks with a deep personnel and a good amount of speed.

• Like 1