Are landlords unnecessary and are they greedy for profiting from people's suffering?

ctown81

• ctown81 changed the title to Are landlords unnecessary and are they greedy for profiting from people's suffering?
5 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I have to wonder sometimes if the people who make these videos understand even basic economics.

To quote Guido Sarducci: "You buy something, and you sell it for more."

I think the question is: Why is profit greedy?

No...they are communist scumbags trying to stir the pot.......

In short...no.

However I  do think there is a wage issue in the US that has made rent unaffordable for many as $trillions that should have gone to workers wages and benefits over recent decades was funneled to investors instead. It is no secret that working class wages have not kept up with the rising cost of  housing, Healthcare, higher education. Restrictions on new construction in places like California also factors in as does the record high immigration of the last 30ish years that has created an artificially high demand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Why is profit greedy?

Nothing wrong with making money but money should be made not only legally...but also ethically...and never by exploiting the powerless. The "anything for a buck" excesses of American capitalism are why more people turn against capitalism every day. That is not good. 

16 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I have to wonder sometimes if the people who make these videos understand even basic economics.

To quote Guido Sarducci: "You buy something, and you sell it for more."

I think the question is: Why is profit greedy?

That's what I was wondering. 

16 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

You're communism is showing through....its THEIR PROPERTY.....If people don't want to or can't pay what THE LANDLORD demands for them living in HIS PROPERTY, they need to find other arrangements.....

Why is my "communism" showing through?

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

The govt should provide everyone with their god given right of free housing 

Why not just have them provide us with everything? Food, housing, clothing, transportation, all of it? We can be completely reliant on government for everything.

We're citizens not subjects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Why not just have them provide us with everything? Food, housing, clothing, transportation, all of it? We can be completely reliant on government for everything.

We're citizens not subjects.

That is the commie’s plan 

22 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

In short...no.

However I  do think there is a wage issue in the US that has made rent unaffordable for many as $trillions that should have gone to workers wages and benefits over recent decades was funneled to investors instead. It is no secret that working class wages have not kept up with the rising cost of  housing, Healthcare, higher education. Restrictions on new construction in places like California also factors in as does the record high immigration of the last 30ish years that has created an artificially high demand.

That's not it at all.  The reason that rent has gone up is because property values have gone up.  My property tax value shot up another $30,000 this year.  There is no way my house could double in value in only 11 years, and it's worth more than triple what we paid for it.  Auctions can be very cheap ways to purchase property when the housing market is low.  I expect housing prices to come down if people don't get back to work and catch up on how far they are in arears. 

5 hours ago, ObiOne said:

He does if you want to live in a cave, make a tent, or a lean to.  People were living rent free until the Government came along in most parts of the world.  It wasn't until man began creating towns and cities, and then making kings, ceasars, pharaohs, etc. and they began taxing the land.  

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

That's not it at all.  The reason that rent has gone up is because property values have gone up.  My property tax value shot up another $30,000 this year.  There is no way my house could double in value in only 11 years, and it's worth more than triple what we paid for it.  Auctions can be very cheap ways to purchase property when the housing market is low.  I expect housing prices to come down if people don't get back to work and catch up on how far they are in arears. 

Heck, you are lucky, my home value doubled in less than 6 years. And it is still going up. I have to fight the county each and every year about the taxes, until this year, because they did not know we put in a pool, so I didn't fight as hard. LOL. 

19 hours ago, ObiOne said:

It is NOT the governments job to provide everyone with everything. Their job is to protect your LIFE, LIBERTY, and PURSUIT of Happiness, NOT provide your happiness.