I've got some questions for those of you who probably know far more about this than I do...

Monte1076

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Ok, but that doesn't really answer the question. I understand what the scripture is saying, but does that mean that God created Hell (or "gloomy darkness" as the scripture says) at that time, or had it always been?

Is Hell "fire and brimstone" and torture and all that stuff, or is it a "separation from God", and the "fire and brimstone" and torture and all that stuff within those separated from the Holiness of God?

Hell was created to imprison the rebel angels until Judgment Day.....it is a place of eternal fire AND a place where those imprisoned are separated from God....

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, 48 ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ 49 For everyone will be salted with fire.

those who do not believe and obey God's Word will be sentenced there on Judgment Day along with Satan and the rebel angels....

20 And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.