DCTF Mock Realignments.

Eagleborn

The 4A-1 alignment seems pretty reasonable to me.  I look forward to seeing Paris & Sulphur Springs back in the same district (it's been 20 years since they were together).  I know SSHS has fallen on hard times in football, so the drop in classification has to help.

I like the proposed new 8-5A. 

Moving to region II travel wise is huge for 3rd and fourth place teams.  4/5 hours for a first round playoff game is insane.  But travel to the Eastern portion of the metroplex is reasonable for anyone in the district. 

While I’ll miss Jacksonville being in the fold, picking up another non-district game sounds nice too.

Here’s to hoping. 

22 hours ago, Parisian said:

The 4A-1 alignment seems pretty reasonable to me.  I look forward to seeing Paris & Sulphur Springs back in the same district (it's been 20 years since they were together).  I know SSHS has fallen on hard times in football, so the drop in classification has to help.

Will definitely help SS ... better days, maybe? ... they return their QB (1200+ yds), both of their leading rushers (almost 900 yds between them), and one of their two leading receivers (46 receptions) ... but somethings gotta happen to change giving up almost 46 points per game ... I saw them play early in the year and they have a soph RB that could be really good. And I didn't know SS / P had been separated by that many seasons - P may finally get to play at a dist game that's almost close - lol

PS - I think the biggest question in the district right now is whether Celina comes east or goes west ... and whether Nevada Community, on the bubble, goes up or stays down.

3 hours ago, DOB said:

Will definitely help SS ... better days, maybe? ... they return their QB (1200+ yds), both of their leading rushers (almost 900 yds between them), and one of their two leading receivers (46 receptions) ... but somethings gotta happen to change giving up almost 46 points per game ... I saw them play early in the year and they have a soph RB that could be really good. And I didn't know SS / P had been separated by that many seasons - P may finally get to play at a dist game that's almost close - lol

PS - I think the biggest question in the district right now is whether Celina comes east or goes west ... and whether Nevada Community, on the bubble, goes up or stays down.

SS falling off the map the way they have has been shocking. 

They weren’t just a district competitor…. But a deep playoff team more often than not. 

Then bam…. Overnight they weren’t even competitive in some sometimes weak districts. 

I know it can happen to any program at anytime.   But the immediacy of it and the long stretch it has lasted is puzzling. 

Best of luck to the Wildcats going forward. 

On 12/2/2021 at 1:52 PM, DeKlabBeers said:

Copyright infringement! Throw this guy in Smoaky Jail!

Having returned from Smoaky jail already it is a dark place filled with overzealous power hungry forum officials who regard themselves as having the same authority as any member of the joint chiefs.