DCTF Mock Realignments.

Eagleborn

4 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Happy about it. Nice to be the largest school in the division rather than the smallest. We’ll be back up I’m sure as the lower classes at Alto are larger but I’ll take it for now….especially since I’ll have a senior on the team.

His cousin sent him this message: “Don’t screw this up!” 🤣🤣🤣

If what I have seen is correct, it definitely won’t be a cake walk. A competitive mock district:

608ADAC7-C247-4ACD-9868-54E91D39E15C.jpeg

Wonder if clay gonna load our predistrict with 3A schools this cycle..lol if he does we'll be tougher in dist...or crippled...ha 

• LOL! 1

On 11/30/2021 at 9:50 PM, Yoe09 said:

The subscription to DCTF is an EXCELLENT value.  Not only are you getting all of the premium articles such as this, but you now have access to computer poll rankings.  That in itself is worth FAR more than what you're paying.  

I second this comment! Not only do you get the magazine (and before it is available on the stands to the rest of the Texas Football World, you have TONS of online information, podcasts, videos, etc. at your finger tips! And you get to hear Tepp & Stepp and see the lovely Ashley Pickle from time to time!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Happy about it. Nice to be the largest school in the division rather than the smallest. We’ll be back up I’m sure as the lower classes at Alto are larger but I’ll take it for now….especially since I’ll have a senior on the team.

His cousin sent him this message: “Don’t screw this up!” 🤣🤣🤣

If what I have seen is correct, it definitely won’t be a cake walk. A competitive mock district:

608ADAC7-C247-4ACD-9868-54E91D39E15C.jpeg

This would be a cool district I think Lovelady will probably go into another district. This would be interesting though for sure. 

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Kids leave small towns and don't bring their kids back...chasing dreams, small towns become full of old folks that kids come and visit, you know the story Matt..old as time itself 🤷‍♂️

That is TRUE. There is no doubt people have left East Texas for the metroplex and the Houston area for jobs. Graduates don’t come back to their home towns like they used to. Some still do, but not like 30 and 40 years ago. The amazing growth of 5A schools in the metroplex and in the Houston area has pushed the 5A boundaries up higher. For example, when ‘Jacksonville was making their runs in the 1990s, we were D1 with the same number of students we have now. We have not deviated below 1150 or above 1300 for 40 years. The only thing that has changed inside those numbers are the demographics.

30 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

This would be a cool district I think Lovelady will probably go into another district. This would be interesting though for sure. 

You might be right, especially with Linden Kildare coming down also. I could see Tenaha and Carlisle heading north and us either going south or west. Always fun to speculate!

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

You might be right, especially with Linden Kildare coming down also. I could see Tenaha and Carlisle heading north and is either going south or west. Always fun to speculate!

That would be the little DoD...hopefully we can all bang around with some of or former D1 competitors and not have to travel a hundred miles every Friday night in pre dist..Geez...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

That would be the little DoD...hopefully we can all bang around with some of or former D1 competitors and not have to travel a hundred miles every Friday night in pre dist..Geez...

I like this district. Competitive and CLOSE! Anxious to see what other publications think. 

On 12/8/2021 at 12:27 PM, Matt said:

That district will stay the same without JAX . . .  7-team district, I imagine.

Probably so, but I've also seen where Nac goes south making the East Texas District 6 teams. Also have seen the idea that Nac stays and Greenville moves in keeping it at 8. (Greenville was in this district about 6 years ago so it's not that wild of an idea).

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 4:54 AM, Eagleborn said:

Really have no where else to put them. Wouldn’t be surprised if things shake up a bit this year and some other areas join join them in region 3. 

Carthage could stay in the same Region 3 District 10. Instead of a 6 team district, it would be a 5 team. It would make it tough to schedule games. I look for a couple of 4 team districts in Region 1.

Carthage Rusk Center Madisonville Jasper

On 12/8/2021 at 1:54 PM, LOL said:

Hmm...

Overton city population = 2,896
Overton H.S. population = 120

Mount Enterprise city population = 448
Mount Enterprise H.S. population = 130

Something ain't right. 

Kids transfer out. 

Hard to sell a "low ball for competitive advantage argument" with them both programs are awful. 

On 12/8/2021 at 1:54 PM, LOL said:

Hmm...

Overton city population = 2,896
Overton H.S. population = 120

Mount Enterprise city population = 448
Mount Enterprise H.S. population = 130

Something ain't right. 

Overton has a very small school zone.  Mt Enterprise, has a larger zone...so thats the difference.  Arp, West Rusk, and Price also have much larger zones., Thats why they have more students.

51 minutes ago, Panther89 said:

I’m guessing that District 8-4A will stay the same as usual! 
Gilmer, Spring Hill, Pittsburg, Pleasant Grove, Liberty-Eylau, and North Lamar! 

It should. I don’t see any reason that it would change. In the past, the UIL tends to use I20 as a dividing line. I know some have said DCTF has this group or some of it going to Region 3. I am not sure what they are seeing.

3 hours ago, swaha said:

It should. I don’t see any reason that it would change. In the past, the UIL tends to use I20 as a dividing line. I know some have said DCTF has this group or some of it going to Region 3. I am not sure what they are seeing.

I moved the Waco district to Region II from Region III to pair with the current District 5.....makes sense from a geography standpoint and makes bi-district travel easier