DCTF Mock Realignments.

Eagleborn

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

I moved the Waco district to Region II from Region III to pair with the current District 5.....makes sense from a geography standpoint and makes bi-district travel easier

It may benefit the Waco district as far as geography; however, I do not see it benefiting the current District 8 group geographically ....especially those teams north of I30. Unless Paris NL moves out and replace with Carthage. Then, you still have the issue with District 10 being down to 4 teams.

6 minutes ago, swaha said:

It may benefit the Waco district as far as geography; however, I do not see it benefiting the current District 8 group geographically ....especially those teams north of I30. Unless Paris NL moves out and replace with Carthage. Then, you still have the issue with District 10 being down to 4 teams.

It benefits Waco district and it it benefits the current Carthage district by reducing non-district travel for those schools...yes the schools north of I-30 may have a bit more travel but when you do realignment you have to look at scenarios that benefit as many as possible because you cant make everyone happy...moving the Gilmer district to Reg 3 is a plausible scenario

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

It benefits Waco district and it it benefits the current Carthage district by reducing non-district travel for those schools...yes the schools north of I-30 may have a bit more travel but when you do realignment you have to look at scenarios that benefit as many as possible because you cant make everyone happy...moving the Gilmer district to Reg 3 is a plausible scenario

It is definitely plausible. As far as travel, schools out west have it worse compared to the rest of the state. Being in NE Texas you are accustom to traveling. 

6 hours ago, swaha said:

It should. I don’t see any reason that it would change. In the past, the UIL tends to use I20 as a dividing line. I know some have said DCTF has this group or some of it going to Region 3. I am not sure what they are seeing.

I guess we’ll find out in February! 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

With New Boston going 3A D2 that leaves Atlanta, Gladewater, Jefferson, Sabine and White Oak.

I'm curious to see how things change.

I could see Minny or Winny joining the current district 6 to give them 6 teams. As districts 5, 7, and 8 will have 7 to 8 teams per district this up coming alignment but then again they could leave them alone. No telling. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 4:58 PM, MattStepp said:

Please dont....if you dont want to subscribe that's fine I understand, but subscriptions help keep me employed and help me take the time to do the research for these and other projects. I dont like to work for free and I dont imagine anyone likes working for free

Matt was looking of over your mock districts for 3A division 1.  What happened to Fairfield?  Was that an oversight?