DCTF Mock Realignments.

Eagleborn

11 minutes ago, CDubya936 said:

Congrats! 

Happy about it. Nice to be the largest school in the division rather than the smallest. We’ll be back up I’m sure as the lower classes at Alto are larger but I’ll take it for now….especially since I’ll have a senior on the team.

His cousin sent him this message: “Don’t screw this up!” 🤣🤣🤣

If what I have seen is correct, it definitely won’t be a cake walk. A competitive mock district:

608ADAC7-C247-4ACD-9868-54E91D39E15C.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Happy about it. Nice to be the largest school in the division rather than the smallest. We’ll be back up I’m sure as the lower classes at Alto are larger but I’ll take it for now….especially since I’ll have a senior on the team.

If what I have seen is correct, it definitely won’t be a cake walk. A competitive mock district:

Well the top four look pretty clear cut to me lol

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Hmm...

Overton city population = 2,896
Overton H.S. population = 120

Mount Enterprise city population = 448
Mount Enterprise H.S. population = 130

Something ain't right. 

9 minutes ago, LOL said:

Hmm...

Something ain't right. 

Overton kids probably transferring to West Rusk or Arp. Both schools are within 10 minutes of Overton HS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HornetSenior said:

Frisco Panther Creek, Celina, Community, and Sulphur Springs should take the spots of Argyle, Melissa, & Terrell who are moving up to 5A-2 from 4A-1 district 7. 

Unless Frisco ISD decides to opt-up for Panther Creek to keep all their schools in the same classification.  Amazing that Frisco now has 12 schools.  Also amazing that Frisco is able to keep moving their attendance boundaries to equalize enrollment.

28 minutes ago, LOL said:

Hmm...

Something ain't right. 

Wow. The Overton number is even more surprising than the Mt. Enterprise number. Do Overton kids go to Arp?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

Overton kids probably transferring to West Rusk or Arp. Both schools are within 10 minutes of Overton HS.

Sure, and I get that (I'm from Overton) but there's got to be a way to reverse that migration. 

4 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Wow. The Overton number is even more surprising than the Mt. Enterprise number. Do Overton kids go to Arp?

There's always been overlap. But in recent years it seems to have become dramatically one-sided. 

Arp and Overton were district rivals when I was there. 

Just now, Valhalla said:

It's West Rusk and Arp.

Sure, but New London has a population of 1,181 and Arp has 995 people.

While there's certainly overlap (and their districts are drawn MUCH bigger), I don't see why Overton ISD continues to dwindle. 

5 minutes ago, LOL said:

Sure, and I get that (I'm from Overton) but there's got to be a way to reverse that migration. 

There's always been overlap. But in recent years it seems to have become dramatically one-sided. 

Arp and Overton were district rivals when I was there. 

I remember Overton having good teams. They had some battles with Tenaha! Hard to believe there are THAT MANY folks in Overton yet only 140 in HS. Kind of shocking from the outside looking in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

The Pee Wee league  ....  :rofl: :woot:  :rofl:

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The Pee Wee league  ....  :rofl: :woot:  :rofl:

😂😎😎😎😂 Let’s gooooooo! Last time we dropped a division….. Well, like I said, I’ll take it! 😂 Not saying that will happen this time because there are lots of examples of schools dropping and not making the run they thought they might. However, sometimes it works out: i.e. Garrison Bulldogs.

We STILL have those BIG DAWGS on the schedule so we’ll see if us Pee Wee leaguesters can still compete!  🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

You reading too much into it...lol 

Lol, nah, I'm not suggesting anything nefarious. And admittedly, I've been away from Overton for a few years now, so I don't pretend to be any kind of insider. 

I do know a little bit about the history of why and how the district lines were drawn way back when, but that's not really what I'm asking about...  

2 minutes ago, LOL said:

Lol, nah, I'm not suggesting anything nefarious. And admittedly, I've been away from Overton for a few years now, so I don't pretend to be any kind of insider. 

I do know a little bit about the history of why and how the district lines were drawn way back when, but that's not really what I'm asking about...  

Kids leave small towns and don't bring their kids back...chasing dreams, small towns become full of old folks that kids come and visit, you know the story Matt..old as time itself 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Love 1