#3 Celina vs #2 Gilmer - Friday Dec. 10, @ 7p in Prosper

TCU44

Semifinals  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Celina Bobcats (12-1)
    • Gilmer Buckeyes (13-1)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2021 at 01:00 AM

7 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

He doesn't need just a whole hell of a long time to put it on a dime and doesn't scare easy.

That was a great throw and an even better catch. Defender had good coverage, just fell asleep at the wheel a little bit.

7 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

He doesn't need just a whole hell of a long time to put it on a dime and doesn't scare easy.

Going to be a whole different animal this Friday. Celina by at least 3 TDs. Great quarterback but he will be running for his life!! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Going to be a whole different animal this Friday. Celina by at least 3 TDs. Great quarterback but he will be running for his life!! 

It is not always a good idea to force Brandon out of the pocket.

Time will tell. Celina, being a D1 team already by the numbers, is the solid favorite in this game, but they still have to play it.

• Like 2

Ok, enough playing around. Here is my honest assessment. Celina will be Gilmer’s toughest test since the Carthage game for sure, and the Buckeyes will be Celina’s toughest opponent since Argyle. This game could go either way, as both teams are playing great football right now. 2 things that could spell doom for Gilmer will be 1. The OL not being able to hold up and contain the Bobcat defense, which I think its a fact Gilmer will HAVE to get their running game going in this game to be successful. If they are forced to be one dimensional, they won’t beat a team like Celina. It’s imperative the OL opens up some holes for the RB’s and gives Tennison time to pass. 2. Penalties. Gilmer will absolutely have to be disciplined in this game. No personal fouls or ignorant penalties keeping Bobcat drives going. I do think Celina will have success running the ball, but they will need to complete some passes as well to keep the Buckeyes honest. They are more than capable of doing just that. Even though I think the Carthage defense was better that Celina’s defense, the Bobcats are pretty close, and I think they are more balanced on offense. Celina comes in as a 4 point favorite, so should be one heck of a game!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

I know it didn’t show but 11 did get hit on this play as well……… just thought that was a point to point out. 

Absolutely a good point to throw in there.

I wouldn't say he was under pressure, necessarily, mainly because he got the ball out so fast, but to deliver a strike while taking a hit is not something every QB can do well.

You will not find a single Celina fan who believes Tennison is soft and/or will not create some matchup issues for the Bobcats. That doesn't mean we're not confident in our team. Just have a healthy respect for the Buckeyes and the athletes they have.

34 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Ok, enough playing around. Here is my honest assessment. Celina will be Gilmer’s toughest test since the Carthage game for sure, and the Buckeyes will be Celina’s toughest opponent since Argyle. This game could go either way, as both teams are playing great football right now. 2 things that could spell doom for Gilmer will be 1. The OL not being able to hold up and contain the Bobcat defense, which I think its a fact Gilmer will HAVE to get their running game going in this game to be successful. If they are forced to be one dimensional, they won’t beat a team like Celina. It’s imperative the OL opens up some holes for the RB’s and gives Tennison time to pass. 2. Penalties. Gilmer will absolutely have to be disciplined in this game. No personal fouls or ignorant penalties keeping Bobcat drives going. I do think Celina will have success running the ball, but they will need to complete some passes as well to keep the Buckeyes honest. They are more than capable of doing just that. Even though I think the Carthage defense was better that Celina’s defense, the Bobcats are pretty close, and I think they are more balanced on offense. Celina comes in as a 4 point favorite, so should be one heck of a game!!!

An honest, level-headed assessment. I like you. I like you a lot.

2 hours ago, 36gut said:

It is not always a good idea to force Brandon out of the pocket.

Time will tell. Celina, being a D1 team already by the numbers, is the solid favorite in this game, but they still have to play it.

Numbers don't have anything to do with this game or who is the favorite. Buckeyes are the No. 2 ranked team in the state and have been all year long, rightfully so. They have 1-3 record against Celina all-time. They'll be favored in most spreads. But this has potential to be a fantastic game, in my opinion. Both sides feel good about where they are, both fan bases are confident in their teams. Both teams are experienced and knew at the end of 2020 that this was going to be the 2021 semifinal matchup.

48 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

2 hours ago, TCU44 said:

All right you will see Friday.

3 hours ago, TCU44 said:

I think Smoak should institute a rating system next to posters names so we can see how their predictions have actually worked out.  If we did, TCU44 should maybe change his handle to UCONNftbl44 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I say this game lands at

Celina 28

Gilmer 43

You have Celina by how many TDs? Let’s see who is closer on Saturday morning.

They say history is the best teacher. So go look at this matchup since 2003 and ask yourself:

1) What (style) offense and defense was run in those games?

2) What was the caliber of players running those offenses and defenses?

3) Who were the actual coaches responsible for calling those games?

I think it was Einstein who stated the definition of insanity as doing the exact same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result each time?

Maybe Einstein watched film too 🤷🏻‍♂️?

Here’s a reminder:

See ya Saturday morning. I understand those Huskies do play pretty good 🏀.

11 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

I think Smoak should institute a rating system next to posters names so we can see how their predictions have actually worked out.  If we did, TCU44 should maybe change his handle to UCONNftbl44 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I say this game lands at

Celina 28

Gilmer 43

You have Celina by how many TDs? Let’s see who is closer on Saturday morning.

They say history is the best teacher. So go look at this matchup since 2003 and ask yourself:

1) What (style) offense and defense was run in those games?

2) What was the caliber of players running those offenses and defenses?

3) Who were the actual coaches responsible for calling those games?

I think it was Einstein who stated the definition of insanity as doing the exact same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result each time?

Maybe Einstein watched film too 🤷🏻‍♂️?

Here’s a reminder:

See ya Saturday morning. I understand those Huskies do play pretty good 🏀.

That was what seven years ago? I’m telling you Gilmer is going to get run out of the building Friday. It’s going to be a long drive back to East Texas! 

• Like 1

I've watched every Celina game this year, and nearly every Gilmer game, and here's where I've landed on this matchup, in terms of advantages within the game:

Offense:

• Overall - Gilmer
  • Rushing Game - Celina
  • Passing Game - Gilmer
  • Offensive line - Celina
  • Running Backs - Too close to call.
  • Receivers - Gilmer
  • TE/H-Backs - Celina
  • QB - Gilmer

Defense:

• Overall - Celina
  • Against the Run - Celina
  • Against the Pass - Gilmer by a smidge
  • Defensive Line - Celina
  • Linebackers - Celina
  • Secondary - Gilmer

Special Teams:

• Overall - Celina
  • KO Return - Gilmer
  • Punt Return - Gilmer
  • Kickoffs - Celina
  • Punter - Celina
  • FG/PAT - Celina

Don't know what any of that is worth, and I'm sure many will disagree with my assessments. But having watched both teams a ton, that's what I came up with. May not amount to much come Friday, but if all things hold equal, I think Celina should win by single digits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, d0tc0m said:

I've watched every Celina game this year, and nearly every Gilmer game, and here's where I've landed on this matchup, in terms of advantages within the game:

Offense:

• Overall - Gilmer
  • Rushing Game - Celina
  • Passing Game - Gilmer
  • Offensive line - Celina
  • Running Backs - Too close to call.
  • Receivers - Gilmer
  • TE/H-Backs - Celina
  • QB - Gilmer

Defense:

• Overall - Celina
  • Against the Run - Celina
  • Against the Pass - Gilmer by a smidge
  • Defensive Line - Celina
  • Linebackers - Celina
  • Secondary - Gilmer

Special Teams:

• Overall - Celina
  • KO Return - Gilmer
  • Punt Return - Gilmer
  • Kickoffs - Celina
  • Punter - Celina
  • FG/PAT - Celina

Don't know what any of that is worth, and I'm sure many will disagree with my assessments. But having watched both teams a ton, that's what I came up with. May not amount to much come Friday, but if all things hold equal, I think Celina should win by single digits.

This list is funny in many ways. I actually kinda thought you knew something til I seen this list. There’s things on this list that makes me say 🤔 they may not be as good as even I thought