#3 Celina vs #2 Gilmer - Friday Dec. 10, @ 7p in Prosper

TCU44

Semifinals  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Celina Bobcats (12-1)
    • Gilmer Buckeyes (13-1)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2021 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

This the guy that always pick against us cause his cousin didn’t get to run the ball back in 2017 lol. Also he hasn’t been around since LE been per trash oh I forgot he roots for Carthage too he has like 2 or 3 teams lol 

This the guy that has two teams I pull for cuz it’s where we from. That’s LE & Carthage. You want talk about LE being trash? Last time I checked there’s only one champ crowned each year and if you get second that don’t mean nothin. So guess what big dog. That beatin Carthage gave Gilmer last year at state makes y’all second. Second ain’t no better than last. Also I’ve picked Gilmer every time this year except twice that was against Carthage and Celina

• Stinks 1

6 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I don’t think anyone (outside of TCU, lol) thinks that Gilmer isn’t a great team. Back to back state championship appearances, I mean c’mon? 

But having spent time for the last three weeks unwrapping just how good CS is and following them since they beat Carthage, it’s also just hard to imagine anything but them winning the championship this year. They are by far the most complete team I’ve personally seen this year. Of course Gilmer has a chance. But I think they have to play a clean, efficient game and not make the mistakes and mental errors it sounds like have plagued them this season. CS is really that good. But whoever wins this game will absolutely be deserving and a proud champion, that’s for sure. This is the two best teams on their respective side of the bracket. 

Well just know this I think we have been told about 5 times we had to play clean to beat a team. Gilmer is a complete team as well even with all the penalties lol. I say this again just because CS beat Carthage don’t punch a win for them cause Carthage beat Gilmer. Watching a team and knowing a aren’t the same. 

I was looking at the Historical section on here, and it has Gilmer loosing to Celina in the state championship in 2015.  That was not the state championship it was the semifinals.  Gilmer has played Celina 3 times now in the semifinals winning in 14 & 21 and loosing in 15.  

4 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

I was looking at the Historical section on here, and it has Gilmer loosing to Celina in the state championship in 2015.  That was not the state championship it was the semifinals.  Gilmer has played Celina 3 times now in the semifinals winning in 14 & 21 and loosing in 15.  

I think GILMER has played Celina in 5 times now:

2003 GILMER won 45-22

2014 GILMER won 67-15

2015 CELINA won 44-49

2016 GILMER won 43-17

Then again last night. So GILMER is 4-1 against the Bobcats.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

I think GILMER has played Celina in 5 times now:

2003 GILMER won 45-22

2014 GILMER won 67-15

2015 CELINA won 44-49

2016 GILMER won 43-17

Then again last night. So GILMER is 4-1 against the Bobcats.

Ran em out 4 out of 5 times. 

9 minutes ago, buckeyefandom said:

You would think after a time or two running man concepts, you’d run tow high safeties, drop 5 and keep that speed in front of you. But what do I know. 

I hope you stay here in Gilmer and don’t go coach defense in Celina.

• LOL! 1

This game was disappointing, except for the Gilmer win.  Celina was not competitive at all.  Guess you could say they were a bit overrated.  Gilmer looked like they were in the first game of the year on offense with all the penalties, but still found a way to put up 4 TD’s.  Gilmer D looked really good, as did the Gilmer punt team.  Celina’s starting field position was terrible all night.  

Should be a great SC game with Gilmer vs China Spring.  I encourage the Gilmer faithful to give the Cougars the respect they have earned through the playoff run.  They have a really solid team on both sides of the ball.  This game will likely be a one possession game either way.

11 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

This game was disappointing, except for the Gilmer win.  Celina was not competitive at all.  Guess you could say they were a bit overrated.  Gilmer looked like they were in the first game of the year on offense with all the penalties, but still found a way to put up 4 TD’s.  Gilmer D looked really good, as did the Gilmer punt team.  Celina’s starting field position was terrible all night.  

Should be a great SC game with Gilmer vs China Spring.  I encourage the Gilmer faithful to give the Cougars the respect they have earned through the playoff run.  They have a really solid team on both sides of the ball.  This game will likely be a one possession game either way.

lol first of all Celina was a good team. Just cause we beat them did not make them A bad team. And yes we respect every team we play that’s why we prepare every week to play the team we play that week even as we did with spring hill…….even though……well obviously you know the last time y’all beat us. Yes we made a good bit of mistakes last night yet we still won by 20. 🤔. I know everyone want Gilmer to loose but your only credibility is to talk about the team we are about to play as if we are here by accident when actually it’s only because our 15,16,17 and 18 year old boys still make mistakes. Guess what we only make more mistakes than a lot of kids right now because we are play football and others are playing basketball now for about 5 weeks. 

26 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

lol first of all Celina was a good team. Just cause we beat them did not make them A bad team. And yes we respect every team we play that’s why we prepare every week to play the team we play that week even as we did with spring hill…….even though……well obviously you know the last time y’all beat us. Yes we made a good bit of mistakes last night yet we still won by 20. 🤔. I know everyone want Gilmer to loose but your only credibility is to talk about the team we are about to play as if we are here by accident when actually it’s only because our 15,16,17 and 18 year old boys still make mistakes. Guess what we only make more mistakes than a lot of kids right now because we are play football and others are playing basketball now for about 5 weeks. 

Why are you always on the defensive?  Gilmer and CS are the best two teams in 4A D2 and should be playing next week.  No accidents for either team.  From the outsider perspective, the game last night was boring to watch.  I am not the only one who sees it that way.  It looked more like an August matchup.  Gilmer was just better all the way around in all phases but the mental mistakes took away from the performance.  I’m rooting for the Bux to bring home the title, but there is just something about this CS team. Reminds me a little of the Lampasas team from 2019.  They have the “it” factor.  Should be a really good game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Why are you always on the defensive?  Gilmer and CS are the best two teams in 4A D2 and should be playing next week.  No accidents for either team.  From the outsider perspective, the game last night was boring to watch.  I am not the only one who sees it that way.  It looked more like an August matchup.  Gilmer was just better all the way around in all phases but the mental mistakes took away from the performance.  I’m rooting for the Bux to bring home the title, but there is just something about this CS team. Reminds me a little of the Lampasas team from 2019.  They have the “it” factor.  Should be a really good game.

I forgot about Lampasas but you are right on the money.  CS is very similar to them except one QB runs the other threw darts.   Great comparison.