#1 Franklin Lions 14-0 VS #8 Waskom Wildcats 13-1 At Mesquite Memorial Stadium 7PM Friday Franklin Home Team

Wild74

Semifinals  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this rematch from last years Semis Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Waskom must have lost the coin flip ... was hoping for Rose Stadium  .....  just a longer drive

Waskom 35

Franklin 34

This seems like a mutally agreed on neutral site

150 miles for Franklin

158 miles for Waskom

9 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

This seems like a mutally agreed on neutral site

150 miles for Franklin

158 miles for Waskom

Do you know that for sure?  Maybe so, but it seems out of the way for both teams .... Tyler, SFA or Lufkin I would have thought made more sense .... a LOT less travel ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

Do you know that for sure?  Maybe so, but it seems out of the way for both teams .... Tyler, SFA or Lufkin I would have thught made more sense .... 

Waskom to Rose is 76 miles, Franklin to Rose is 121 miles

Lufkin is a decent neutral site (101 miles for Waskom and 117 miles for Franklin), but its also not nearly as nice

SFA is nice, but I dont believe Franklin's coach was a fan of the locker rooms there, maybe not big enough??

I'm pretty sure based on the mileage being almost identical, that this was a mutally agreed on site not a home-neutral site

• Like 1

I keep going back and forth with this one... I think franklin will win by 21+ but believe it will be close thru 3 quarters with franklin pulling away in the 4th... waskom has beat 2 very good teams back to back weeks and only allowing 1 TD both games... going to be a battle 

#7 for waskom was clutch last night against DF

#20 is up the gut run at you stop me if you can type runner.... what impressed me the most against DF was waskoms defense, they swarm to the ball and have some athletes over there

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JETT said:

I very well could be wrong but franklin has played good teams and managed to put up big points, same with yall... this is going to be a dandy, a turnover and a quick score could be the difference 

Please tell me who have that Played no one with that type of speed lol 

Seems Franklin hasn't played anybody worthy since week 1 and that was a close one and Waskom has played 2 pretty darn good teams these last two weeks in Newton and Daingerfield. Now will Franklin be sloppy any when they finally go up against a worthy opponent that's going to throw back blow for blow. Something Franklin hasn't had to deal with in a few months let's see how they respond.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tigernationfan said:

Luck is working in my favor pretty good K’wolfe. Came up with a Ben Franklin in my pocket, got about 30 in my pocket now 😂 so I say the franklins are on the rise 😂 

Franklin by 20 

So ur buying beers after the state games!

3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Not only have they played Lorena, they beat a really good Lorena team that is still playing.   Lorena lost to a VERY GOOD China Springs team by 7.   This is interesting.  

Yes sir!  I’ve been picking Franklin all year ..  nothing against the other teams ..   i believe Franklin beat Lorena 27 to 20 ..    and Lorena has a high powered offense that has been scoring 50 .. 60 points in the playoffs ..  so for Franklin to hold them to 20 says a lot about their defense..   and yes I know waskom has a great defense as well before someone attacks me lol 

21 to 14 Franklin! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tigernationfan said:

Just like Waskom gonna be soft as charmin this week 😂 I paid my respects to your team after our loss and also said I would be pulling for y’all the rest of the way but apparently that was not logical and blowing hot air and senseless. Hahaha. Add up the state championship rings for Daingerfield and see if Waskom can match that!  😂 Daingerfield aka TitleTown... Tigers on Top. Once a Tiger Always a Tiger...  haters gonna hate. 

Come to Mesquite Friday night and hang with the Lions' Pride. They'll be glad to have ya. And be sure to wear your team colors.

• Like 1