#1 Franklin Lions 14-0 VS #8 Waskom Wildcats 13-1 At Mesquite Memorial Stadium 7PM Friday Franklin Home Team

Wild74

Semifinals  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this rematch from last years Semis Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

Overall, Waskom is scoring 54.0 per game vs teams that give up 26.4 per game (+27.7) and teams that score 32.0 per game get 11.1 per game against Waskom (+20.8).  Overall swing for Waskom is +48.5.

Franklin is scoring 59.6 per game vs teams giving up 26.4 per game (+33.2) and holding teams that score 30.1 per game to 8.6 ppg (+21.6).  Total swing for Franklin is +54.7.

Based on all games, I get a Franklin win, 42-34.

Taking each team's 3 best games, I get a Franklin win, 49-39.

Taking each team's 3 worst games, I get a Franklin win, 44-42.

Waskom's 3 worst games vs Franklin's 3 best - Franklin in a 69-33 win.

Waskom's 3 best games vs Franklin's 3 worst - Waskom in a 48-25 win.

Both Waskom and Franklin are capable of putting up plenty of points - and both have solid defenses as well.  Considering only games each team plays against opponents who average 35 or more points per game, I get  Franklin win, 33-19.  Considering only opponents who hold teams to fewer than 20 points, I get a Franklin win, 39-21.

You never know on this side of the bracket, but Franklin is the heavy favorite.  These numbers are close enough that either team could win though.  Franklin is certainly the favorite, but Waskom can certainly win.  I hope they do.  I think Gunter will win against Roosevelt.  A Gunter/Waskom state final would be awesome in my opinion.  Before Gunter started the incredible run they are on, they lost to Waskom in two consecutive years as Waskom went on to win the title in those years (2014 and 2015).  Then Gunter started a great run in 2016.  It would be fitting to face Waskom again in the final, so I will be a Waskom fan this week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pax said:

Overall, Waskom is scoring 54.0 per game vs teams that give up 26.4 per game (+27.7) and teams that score 32.0 per game get 11.1 per game against Waskom (+20.8).  Overall swing for Waskom is +48.5.

Franklin is scoring 59.6 per game vs teams giving up 26.4 per game (+33.2) and holding teams that score 30.1 per game to 8.6 ppg (+21.6).  Total swing for Franklin is +54.7.

Based on all games, I get a Franklin win, 42-34.

Taking each team's 3 best games, I get a Franklin win, 49-39.

Taking each team's 3 worst games, I get a Franklin win, 44-42.

Waskom's 3 worst games vs Franklin's 3 best - Franklin in a 69-33 win.

Waskom's 3 best games vs Franklin's 3 worst - Waskom in a 48-25 win.

Both Waskom and Franklin are capable of putting up plenty of points - and both have solid defenses as well.  Considering only games each team plays against opponents who average 35 or more points per game, I get  Franklin win, 33-19.  Considering only opponents who hold teams to fewer than 20 points, I get a Franklin win, 39-21.

You never know on this side of the bracket, but Franklin is the heavy favorite.  These numbers are close enough that either team could win though.  Franklin is certainly the favorite, but Waskom can certainly win.  I hope they do.  I think Gunter will win against Roosevelt.  A Gunter/Waskom state final would be awesome in my opinion.  Before Gunter started the incredible run they are on, they lost to Waskom in two consecutive years as Waskom went on to win the title in those years (2014 and 2015).  Then Gunter started a great run in 2016.  It would be fitting to face Waskom again in the final, so I will be a Waskom fan this week. 

Franklin will probably win but I think it won't be decided until the 4th quarter.  Waskom will trail by 14 or less at the end of the 3rd quarter.  I have great respect for a team that beat Newton and Daingerfield soundly.  I think Poth/Holliday would have been a good game.  Waskom kicked out butts in 2014 before but the 2015 contests was a game until the 4th quarter when Gunter got desperate.   I think Waskom beat better competition than Franklin to make it to the semfinals, but Franklin destroyed every team so you can't fault them for who they played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

Franklin will probably win but I think it won't be decided until the 4th quarter.  Waskom will trail by 14 or less at the end of the 3rd quarter.  I have great respect for a team that beat Newton and Daingerfield soundly.  I think Poth/Holliday would have been a good game.  Waskom kicked out butts in 2014 before but the 2015 contests was a game until the 4th quarter when Gunter got desperate.   I think Waskom beat better competition than Franklin to make it to the semfinals, but Franklin destroyed every team so you can't fault them for who they played.

Poth is a lot better then most think... Poth held shiner to 184 total yards when they played. Im looking forward to Friday

57 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Been keeping up with the weather its not supposed to rain during game time

Good, it's a nice venue... we went last year on a Saturday and watched Longview and Ryan play... perfect for play-off ball, see yall there

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 8:31 PM, MattStepp said:

This seems like a mutally agreed on neutral site

150 miles for Franklin

158 miles for Waskom

I think the Region surrounding area cities should be considered in picking sites. It would increase their ticket sales. This will be one whale of a game.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:43 PM, MattStepp said:

Waskom to Rose is 76 miles, Franklin to Rose is 121 miles

Lufkin is a decent neutral site (101 miles for Waskom and 117 miles for Franklin), but its also not nearly as nice

SFA is nice, but I dont believe Franklin's coach was a fan of the locker rooms there, maybe not big enough??

I'm pretty sure based on the mileage being almost identical, that this was a mutally agreed on site not a home-neutral site

Makes sense to me. Although I did notice that Palestine was a good neutral site. Facilities aren't bad.