#1 Franklin Lions 14-0 VS #8 Waskom Wildcats 13-1 At Mesquite Memorial Stadium 7PM Friday Franklin Home Team

Wild74

Semifinals  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this rematch from last years Semis Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

This didn’t age well… How easy it is to get on here and talk smack while your team is playing basketball. 

Lol, and winning big! Only a week, and now yall will be dribbling with us :)! That unsportsmanlike conduct and behavior from your players last week turned out to be karma this week. 

I'm not sure you can throw the flag there because the blocker DID get out in front of the play and was visible to the defenders if they saw him or not.  And the block was thrown sideways into the chaser and NOT LOW.    So I agree.....a good noncall on that key block that sprung him for the TD.  You can see that's the way the play was drawn up.....for the offside TE to get out in front and come into the play to make a block.

10 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I'm not sure you can throw the flag there because the blocker DID get out in front of the play and was visible to the defenders if they saw him or not.  And the block was thrown sideways into the chaser and NOT LOW.    So I agree.....a good noncall on that key block that sprung him for the TD.  You can see that's the way the play was drawn up.....for the offside TE to get out in front and come into the play to make a block.

Franklin got away with holding on the edge 3 or 4 times on big plays ....

Waskom has a damn good team as does Franklin... If they didn't they wouldn't have been to the final four in back to back seasons. Missed calls both ways like the bad snap that the refs called dead. Holding by both teams or late hits. They refs let them play for the most part and i would have rather had that then a flag every other play.

14 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Waskom has a damn good team as does Franklin... If they didn't they wouldn't have been to the final four in back to back seasons. Missed calls both ways like the bad snap that the refs called dead. Holding by both teams or late hits. They refs let them play for the most part and i would have rather had that then a flag every other play.

I thought the same thing with that snap. Something should of been called. Either on offense or defense if they were offsides. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I have noticed during the playoffs the official have let the teams play and I enjoy that. During the last TD run by Franklin there looked like a crack back block but after viewing it on film it was a legit block and a good one at that the game was over at that point anyhow. I really enjoyed the game it was intense and close, I would have rather won but I would have been a lot more unhappy to not be there at all. Good game Waskom just couldn't stop the Lions offense when we needed to

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 9:51 PM, tigernationfan said:

Waskom had a great season. 

Both teams played a great game 

I honestly think Gunter will get the Gold next week though 

Bless ur heart man!!  Franklin is going roll Gunter up.. probably look like the waskom DF score

• Stinks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:59 PM, regaleagle said:

Great block by Franklin WR but you also have to point out the closing speed from backside DB for Waskom.  My gosh that guy is fast!

On 12/11/2021 at 12:22 PM, lionpride08 said:

Missed calls both ways like the bad snap that the refs called dead.

How was it a "bad snap?" (Legit question.)

I ask because if it was an"illegal snap,"(which the signal would have been the same as for a "false start,") then the play would have been whistled dead. Again, only asking for clarification on what happened.

On 12/12/2021 at 6:04 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Great block by Franklin WR but you also have to point out the closing speed from backside DB for Waskom.  My gosh that guy is fast!

Yep!! He looked like a blur coming across the field!

Like a player from the old Tecmo Bowl game 🤣

58 minutes ago, DieHardCubFan said:

How was it a "bad snap?" (Legit question.)

I ask because if it was an"illegal snap,"(which the signal would have been the same as for a "false start,") then the play would have been whistled dead. Again, only asking for clarification on what happened.

He snapped the ball which made it a live ball but refs blew it dead... Franklin kid jumped but got back in time then he snapped it