Chapel Hill vs Austin LBJ 4AD1 Semifinals

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs. LBJ  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

I am enjoying the conspiracy talk with Carl on here lol 

The reality is Carl loves getting games in San Antonio and is a mover and shaker behind the scenes but San Antonio was never in play for this game..Baylor was the first choice but it wasn't available Friday night and its booked with a doubleheader Saturday. Coach Rio looked at a couple of stadiums in Houston but the chance to play indoors on Saturday was too good to pass up.

Carl does help suggest officiating crews for games as well and thats something I do as well. We see a lot of games and know a lot of officials, we collaborate on who we feel are the best crews in each chapter and make suggestions for neutral chapters come playoff time when our feedback is solicited

• Like 3

9 hours ago, VonG said:

I think Chapel Hill has a good chance to beat LBJ next week.

What I don't understand is the push from LBJ to play at the Alamo dome. Austin is not far from San Antonio but Chapel Hill going through Austin to (if they go take that route) get to San Antonio doesn't make since. Waco is the logical choice imo.

makes alot of sense from LbJ side. They got to travel 2 hrs or so anyway. might as well travel to San Antonio and make CH travel 6+ hrs.  That's advantage to LBJ.   But game is closer to Tyler now.  should be a good game.

12 hours ago, MattStepp said:

The reality is Carl loves getting games in San Antonio and is a mover and shaker behind the scenes but San Antonio was never in play for this game..Baylor was the first choice but it wasn't available Friday night and its booked with a doubleheader Saturday. Coach Rio looked at a couple of stadiums in Houston but the chance to play indoors on Saturday was too good to pass up.

Carl does help suggest officiating crews for games as well and thats something I do as well. We see a lot of games and know a lot of officials, we collaborate on who we feel are the best crews in each chapter and make suggestions for neutral chapters come playoff time when our feedback is solicited

I don’t know that I would call what was said on here conspiracy talk.  Nobody said anything negative about the guy. The truth is, he get a lot of stuff done. Nothing wrong with having somebody that knows a lot of somebodies that you can call and get info, suggestions, etc.

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

makes alot of sense from LbJ side. They got to travel 2 hrs or so anyway. might as well travel to San Antonio and make CH travel 6+ hrs.  That's advantage to LBJ.   But game is closer to Tyler now.  should be a good game.

Of course. As a coach in our region, I'm not letting my team travel 6 hours while you travel an hour and a half. Now if they would have said Houston that's a different story. They both have to travel to get there.

I'm really just so happy for Chapel Hill making it this far. Last year Lindale. This year the Bulldogs. It just goes to show we can more one than good team in the Tyler area. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I figured they might have been looking for a indoor facility. 

4 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

I don’t know that I would call what was said on here conspiracy talk.  Nobody said anything negative about the guy. The truth is, he get a lot of stuff done. Nothing wrong with having somebody that knows a lot of somebodies that you can call and get info, suggestions, etc.

Some of your inferences could be taken in a negative light "that he controls high school football, controls the officials that get picked" etc...now you did say you didnt know if it was true but thats definitely conspiracy sounding lol

You are 100% correct Carl is very useful and its helpful to have people in the know that can point you in the right direction, which is what Carl does, but he doesn't "control" what the coaches do, he offers his opinion (to his customers) and the coaches can choose to listen, go a different route or flip for things.

In this case, San Antonio was 100% never in play for Chapel Hill-LBJ, I know this because the stadium isn't available this coming week and that's per Carl and the Alamodome business manager. UTSA is using the facility for graduation this week so the Alamodome was never once an option for any game in the state this week. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

Of course. As a coach in our region, I'm not letting my team travel 6 hours while you travel an hour and a half. Now if they would have said Houston that's a different story. They both have to travel to get there.

I'm really just so happy for Chapel Hill making it this far. Last year Lindale. This year the Bulldogs. It just goes to show we can more one than good team in the Tyler area. 

I would consider it, if weather was a threat and that was the best indoor option. 

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

I figured they might have been looking for a indoor facility. 

I think Coach Riordan was just looking for a good facility that would give the kids and community a fun experience worthy of a state semifinal game...Globe Life Field was discussed and the new stadiums in Spring and Tomball were discussed but ultimately the two sides agreed to Frisco...LBJ probably wanted to stay playing on Saturday and were willing to travel a little further than Chapel Hill in order to stay on Sat....give a little, take a little in a negotiation

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

Some of your inferences could be taken in a negative light "that he controls high school football, controls the officials that get picked" etc...now you did say you didnt know if it was true but thats definitely conspiracy sounding lol

You are 100% correct Carl is very useful and its helpful to have people in the know that can point you in the right direction, which is what Carl does, but he doesn't "control" what the coaches do, he offers his opinion (to his customers) and the coaches can choose to listen, go a different route or flip for things.

In this case, San Antonio was 100% never in play for Chapel Hill-LBJ, I know this because the stadium isn't available this coming week and that's per Carl and the Alamodome business manager. UTSA is using the facility for graduation this week so the Alamodome was never once an option for any game in the state this week. 

Which is exactly what I explained in my next response to VonG.  If you are the guy everyone calls in an area, region, or whatever, in a sense you control a lot of what happens.  It’s not a bad thing.

I had two different board members tell me San Antonio area for the game, Alamodome specifically wasn’t stated, but most would expect to be indoors if traveling that far.   I’m glad it’s in Frisco.

31 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I think Coach Riordan was just looking for a good facility that would give the kids and community a fun experience worthy of a state semifinal game...Globe Life Field was discussed and the new stadiums in Spring and Tomball were discussed but ultimately the two sides agreed to Frisco...LBJ probably wanted to stay playing on Saturday and were willing to travel a little further than Chapel Hill in order to stay on Sat....give a little, take a little in a negotiation

Just out of curiosity of what you said. Cypress Stadium wasn't a great experience for the players and fans. It doesn't get to much better than that. 

12 minutes ago, VonG said:

Just out of curiosity of what you said. Cypress Stadium wasn't a great experience for the players and fans. It doesn't get to much better than that. 

It blows me away at how nice some high school stadiums are.  That was an excellent facility.  The district should be proud of what they have down there. 

2 hours ago, VonG said:

Berry Center is great you get a big crowd in there and it gets really loud

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VonG said:

oh yea. CH was highly ranked coming into the yr. Its amazing that they doing it with a fresh at qb.  I hope Tyler High can get back to level. With the amount of players coming back, there are no more excuses.  

• Like 1

Getting back to this game.......I think whatever opponent faces a team like LBJ has this season, it's gonna be all about the matchup......not the record.  It's always about the matchup, but maybe moreso against LBJ.  If you can match their speed and have a good running game mixed with a good throwing qb......then that should give them all kinds of problems and give you the ability to keep pace on the scoreboard.  LBJ is gonna get their points for sure......but maybe not as many if they don't have as many opportunities and are battling to move those chains.  They get alot of scores off of breakaways and the passing game.  They like the short to mid-rangers to get the ball in their playmakers hands and let those guys see what they can do.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Getting back to this game.......I think whatever opponent faces a team like LBJ has this season, it's gonna be all about the matchup......not the record.  It's always about the matchup, but maybe moreso against LBJ.  If you can match their speed and have a good running game mixed with a good throwing qb......then that should give them all kinds of problems and give you the ability to keep pace on the scoreboard.  LBJ is gonna get their points for sure......but maybe not as many if they don't have as many opportunities and are battling to move those chains.  They get alot of scores off of breakaways and the passing game.  They like the short to mid-rangers to get the ball in their playmakers hands and let those guys see what they can do.

Thank You for getting back to the game. Geezzz. 

100% agree with your assessment.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, BlackShirtD said:

Gotta go with LBJ but hoping CH can win.   LBJ beat Liberty Hill early on and LH is still playing in 5A.    They play Crosby next.    

Chapel has played 2 5a teams and had no problem beating them