Chapel Hill vs Austin LBJ 4AD1 Semifinals

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs. LBJ  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

No offense here, but I think Liberty Hill is a little different than Hallsville and Greenville.....

Best of luck to the Dogs this week, but I think LBJ takes it. They are very good.

That’s a great analogy, but I think CH learned about scheduling weak pre-district and with the help of a Strong District it really prepared us for Playoffs. LBJ has yet to play a smash mouth football team in the playoffs and they are about to come Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

48 minutes ago, LilBroKevTEN said:

That’s a great analogy, but I think CH learned about scheduling weak pre-district and with the help of a Strong District it really prepared us for Playoffs. LBJ has yet to play a smash mouth football team in the playoffs and they are about to come Saturday. 

I agree with that. The district really helped CH grow! I will admit, I am surprised to see CH representing our district this late in the playoffs, but credit to their coaching staff for getting the pieces in the right place just in time. Crazy to think that this team was close to missing the playoffs and now they have a shot to play at Jerryworld.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I agree with that. The district really helped CH grow! I will admit, I am surprised to see CH representing our district this late in the playoffs, but credit to their coaching staff for getting the pieces in the right place just in time. Crazy to think that this team was close to missing the playoffs and now they have a shot to play at Jerryworld.

High school football.  It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aggie98 said:

I just finished watching the LBJ vs Fred game looking for chinks in the LBJ armor. Only thing I came away with is that their placekicker is not very good.

The first half of football the Fred defense was able to slow LBJ down, but the Fred offense was single flavored (vanilla).  The passing game got off to a rough start for LBJ.

LBJ’s run game is stronger than their passing game in the film I’ve watched so far.  This doesn’t mean their passing game isn’t successful.  What makes them tough is that you can’t focus on just one aspect of their game and shut them down.  If you are successful at shutting down the run, they can throw.  If you dedicate your defense to taking away their passing game, they can gash you with the run.  There are great athletes at every position.  I think the best recipe to beat them is to have the game of the year defensively.  You can’t keep drives alive for them with penalties, missed tackles, and blown assignments.  You have to play near perfect on defense,   Then the offense has to put points on the board often.

CH can do what it takes and come away with a win.  Just play your best football of the year on Saturday.  

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

Where you at Jugline?

I’m here…Don’t know what to think about this week. Watched LBJ play last week and they are a very good football team. They can match us athlete to athlete. Going to be a fun game. Will come down turnovers and which coaching staff can put together the best game plan imo. I’m ready and rooting for a CH win. 

• Like 2

I want Chill to go all the way but I looked at that LBJ last playoff game and they look very tough and  has speed as Chill so really it can be a close one but teams like La Vega and Liberty Hill compared to Greenville and other non district that Chill played comparison, to me this game can be alot tougher than some thinks, come on Chill get past this one and to other.

8 hours ago, LilBroKevTEN said:

Commentators were saying Third Quarter is there sweet spot. 

It was last week.   Fred wasn’t as good as LCM and go sure not as good as Kilgore.  They had no speed anywhere on the field.   I think Kilgore is almost as good as LBJ, maybe even better.

8 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

It was last week.   Fred wasn’t as good as LCM and go sure not as good as Kilgore.  They had no speed anywhere on the field.   I think Kilgore is almost as good as LBJ, maybe even better.

Maybe so but to me only way I could tell if Kilgore ever played LBJ or played against opponents like La Vega or Liberty Hill, then I could see more clearly if Kilgore is better this year than LBJ, Chapel Hill very clearly has the speed to beat LBJ but I hadn't seen much of LBJ defense to know but it still anybodys game just who wants it the most and less penalities.The wins over La Vega and Liberty Hill plus LBJ has a underfeated record let me know that LBJ is no slouch,and the real deal but anything can happen and pulling for Chapel Hill.

2 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Maybe so but to me only way I could tell if Kilgore ever played LBJ or played against opponents like La Vega or Liberty Hill, then I could see more clearly if Kilgore is better this year than LBJ, Chapel Hill very clearly has the speed to beat LBJ but I hadn't seen much of LBJ defense to know but it still anybodys game just who wants it the most and less penalities.The wins over La Vega and Liberty Hill plus LBJ has a underfeated record let me know that LBJ is no slouch,and the real deal but anything can happen and pulling for Chapel Hill.

I’ve watched every game. Trust me. Kilgore is just as good as LBJ.  That being said.  Kilgore took CH to Overtime.  

1 hour ago, LilBroKevTEN said:

Just watched Dave Campbells pick show. They are picking LBJ reason being because of the defensive front attacking our QB. Any inputs?

I think our offensive line is athletic enough to open some lanes for CH.......LCMs defensive front was supposed to shut us down after they beat El Campo. You see how that worked out. I think Riordan will have a good game plan drawn up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LilBroKevTEN said:

Just watched Dave Campbells pick show. They are picking LBJ reason being because of the defensive front attacking our QB. Any inputs?

If that’s what they see as the difference, it should tell you all you need about the “who has more speed” argument.

11 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

If that’s what they see as the difference, it should tell you all you need about the “who has more speed” argument.

Go Get Em Bulldogs!

No doubt LBJ has the speed advantage by a couple of players. On offense they have five guys that can take it to the house.

If CH play the way they played against Kilgore, they’ll be ok, with out the 17pts cushion. 
Fly to the ball and limit LBJ big play. CH secondary cover pretty good, they will have to  play a tighter coverage against LBJ.

I notice in the Kilgore game CH sustained some long drive, and that will be ideal.

It seemed as if LBJ weakness “if they have any” is the middle of their defense, and not giving account for the QB on the run.

Do you change your offense to attack their weakness, or continue to do what got you here?

.                                     Go Bulldogs!!