#2 Shiner vs #3 Timpson @ Tomball ISD 7pm Thursday

Bear9T1

Semifinals  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Timpson Bears (12-0)
    • Shiner Comanches (14-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2021 at 01:00 AM

6 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Speed is something Shiner don’t lack. Neither of these teams lacks it. Timpson won the 4x1 last season with Shiner coming in 4th. Shiner did win the 4x2 though. Granted track speed and football speed are two different things but I’ve never seen a state champ in track be slow in football though. 

Shiner won 2x4 bc we dropped the baton or jumped early, Timpson would have won if I'm not mistaken. Might be wrong

3 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

No disrespect to Bears cuz they are more than legit but the Waskom team they beat wasn’t fully loaded that night..... and it was early season. I watched Wildcats dismantle DF last night....I believe this game will appear lopsided at first and one team will come roaring back and make it a really good game....

I could agree if the bears didn't beat them by 20

2 hours ago, Gonpeace said:

Shiner won 2x4 bc we dropped the baton or jumped early, Timpson would have won if I'm not mistaken. Might be wrong

Maybe. Y’all jumped the gun in the regional meet so didn’t get a chance to run at state. So we’ll never know if they win because y’all didn’t make it. 

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Maybe. Y’all jumped the gun in the regional meet so didn’t get a chance to run at state. So we’ll never know if they win because y’all didn’t make it. 

True but just look at our times already.. we would have won it. Kids will be kids tho :p

7 hours ago, Gonpeace said:

I could agree if the bears didn't beat them by 20

Neither are the same team cuz both have improved but #20 makes Waskom offense effective.....we could go on forever so let’s just say it’s nice for east Texas to be represented well in multiple classifications at this point of the season 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Why is someone's opinion of a game mean they are hating. No one's opinion or prediction will have 0 ZERO % on the outcome of a HS game. Only those young men and coaches out on that field will decide that. Also note the better team doesn't always win so think about that

That sir is a fact 

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

Neither are the same team cuz both have improved but #20 makes Waskom offense effective.....we could go on forever so let’s just say it’s nice for east Texas to be represented well in multiple classifications at this point of the season 

Yea let's turn it all into some positive vibes. Both teams are legit and they do represent East Texas in a good way. I hope we both win state and bring the trophies back to our region!! Go Bears!!

3 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Ya know there is a saying about your aunt would be your uncle if......🤷🏼‍♂️

I mean idk how that analogy would fit this statement lol but ok. The times they put up would have beat em is what I'm saying . Of course they messed up but my point is they still faster regardless.

15 minutes ago, Gonpeace said:

I mean idk how that analogy would fit this statement lol but ok. The times they put up would have beat em is what I'm saying . Of course they messed up but my point is they still faster regardless.

If every team in track that messed up could’ve ran their race of course they’d win..... it’s called execution in clutch. And it comes a point where it doesn’t matter how track fast you are in ftball when the other team has similar talent.... Question is, can they tackle when presented the opportunity?...... we shall see

12 hours ago, Gonpeace said:

Compare shiners schedule Refugios schedule and Timpsons Schedule. Plz tell me which one had the toughest. I mean the answer is Timpson. Have you seen who they have played and beat and the margins they did it by? Js

Shiner played played a tougher schedule according to computers. 

Timpson had the better win though with Waskom. 

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

If every team in track that messed up could’ve ran their race of course they’d win..... it’s called execution in clutch. And it comes a point where it doesn’t matter how track fast you are in ftball when the other team has similar talent.... Question is, can they tackle when presented the opportunity?...... we shall see

I was responding a previous post that someone posted on here about Timpson won state in 4x100 and shiner won the 4x200.. I was just stating Timpson still had faster times regardless if they made state or not. I mean we undefeated and been battle tested so we shall see.

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

I'd definitely give the edge in overall schedule to Shiner...and its really not close....Timpson's got the best individual win but it drops off in a hurry after that

I mean the numbers do show shiner had a very slight edge on strength of schedule but that's bc they played alot of #### 3a teams. The thing is Timpson has played better teams. We can sit here and count some of these teams that has 0 chance what so ever but take there best games and Timpson has it. Timpsons Schedule did drop off until playoffs but we still took out Waskom and Booneville. Then took out beckville which I feel was better than Refugio .. Refugio was overrated so that'll def give shiner an edge in strength of schedule due to Refugio being ranked 1 which is a laugh they never were tested to be ranked 1. There schedule was so weak weak. Timpson has a chance they just have to play good.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

I have a two part question.... Is this Timpson team better than SA team few years ago and why?...... And is Shiner better than that Refugio team and why?

We will know all of this Thursday night lol 

42 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

I have a two part question.... Is this Timpson team better than SA team few years ago and why?...... And is Shiner better than that Refugio team and why?

Yes, Timpson is a lot better than the SA team you are talking about ... and yes, Shiner is a lot better than that Refugio team ....

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

25 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yes, Timpson is a lot better than the SA team you are talking about ... and yes, Shiner is a lot better than that Refugio team ....

Timp/SA

QB- push

RB-SA

WR-SA

Off line-SA

Def line-SA

LB/Sec-Timp

My point is SA was best representative Reg 3 has had in years and it wasn’t enough to break through.... Timpson has a good team this year and if Shiner was worse than last year then I’d give the Bears the edge but I believe Shiner is better this year.... Just assumptions, we shall see....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreaseLightning said:

Timp/SA

QB- push

RB-SA

WR-SA

Off line-SA

Def line-SA

LB/Sec-Timp

My point is SA was best representative Reg 3 has had in years and it wasn’t enough to break through.... Timpson has a good team this year and if Shiner was worse than last year then I’d give the Bears the edge but I believe Shiner is better this year.... Just assumptions, we shall see....

You are dreaming in technicolor,  this Timpson team would run roughshod on that SA team ... not even close ....

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1