#2 Shiner vs #3 Timpson @ Tomball ISD 7pm Thursday

Bear9T1

Semifinals  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Timpson Bears (12-0)
    • Shiner Comanches (14-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2021 at 01:00 AM

To much Shiner Bock running thru Shiner lol Them boys are for real they have size, speed and Both the offense and defense are legit. There’s no team in 2a that stands a chance against the Comanches. Not hating on any other team just stating facts lol

12 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Lots of folks are posting how legit Shiner is. I agree 100%. Are these same people inferring that Timpson isn’t legit? I wonder also how many have actually watched them play. Just curious 

It’s just that Shiner has done it before and has the pedigree to lean on.... Timpson is more than legit and this year’s team can play with anyone.... but until ya break thru ain’t nobody gonna give that street cred just yet..... If they pull it off all the Timpson homers gonna be talkn major smack....

6 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

It’s just that Shiner has done it before and has the pedigree to lean on.... Timpson is more than legit and this year’s team can play with anyone.... but until ya break thru ain’t nobody gonna give that street cred just yet..... If they pull it off all the Timpson homers gonna be talkn major smack....

lol 

7 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I'd definitely give the edge in overall schedule to Shiner...and its really not close....Timpson's got the best individual win but it drops off in a hurry after that

Timpson also beat the top rated 4A team from Arkansas…. Wasn’t close… they pretty much our scores that team because Booneville or wherever the team was from  ran for a lot of yards… they just didn’t have an answer for Timpson’s offense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMGKSA4 said:

To much Shiner Bock running thru Shiner lol Them boys are for real they have size, speed and Both the offense and defense are legit. There’s no team in 2a that stands a chance against the Comanches. Not hating on any other team just stating facts lol

While it’s hard to argue that just wondering if anyones seen Marlin. Them some dudes. 

• Like 1

I wish Timpson well, but it will take a miracle for them to beat Shiner. 

The SA team two years ago was the best out of this region in a while. Timpson is good but not nearly as good as that SA team. 

Shiner is as good or better than the Refugio team that beat SA. 

Watched the game Friday 

Timpson is a very good team with speed all over 

In order to win they need Shiner to have at least 3 turnovers 

They will also have to be perfect on offense and score almost every time they have a possession 

Centervile power run game gave them some problems and Shiner run game is much more potent 

No dog in this fight and no loyalties to East Texas or Shiner. 

Both teams are opposites. 

shiner wins if they can stay ahead of the chains and pound the ball. Shiner style of play wears down opponents. Their line is big, and everyone knows about the backs. The last thing any coach or fan wants is their DLine worn down in the fourth, and having to tackle a 250+ lb RB. Bad combination. 

Timpson wins if they can hit some big plays and get up early, and cut down the Shiner line. I said on another forum that I don’t think you can stop shiner with 6-7 down lineman. Have to cut the line down and let your linebackers swarm to the ball.

All that said, I think Shiner is too much. I’ll take Shiner by 14

I know a lot of people aren’t giving Timpson much of a chance in this game. Heck, two or three years ago even the home town folks would’ve laughed at you if you told them that the bears would play in back to back semifinals games. I think this team is very special. I also think this team took what they learned in that loss last year to learn from and use as motivation. Timpson will not roll over. Who knows, they might even surprise people again and win this thing.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

No dog in this fight and no loyalties to East Texas or Shiner. 

Both teams are opposites. 

shiner wins if they can stay ahead of the chains and pound the ball. Shiner style of play wears down opponents. Their line is big, and everyone knows about the backs. The last thing any coach or fan wants is their DLine worn down in the fourth, and having to tackle a 250+ lb RB. Bad combination. 

Timpson wins if they can hit some big plays and get up early, and cut down the Shiner line. I said on another forum that I don’t think you can stop shiner with 6-7 down lineman. Have to cut the line down and let your linebackers swarm to the ball.

All that said, I think Shiner is too much. I’ll take Shiner by 14

I agree with everything you said except the last thing. I guess I’m just a homer, but I think Timpson digs deep and gets the upset.