CCG Week Discussion

Valhalla

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

If Baylor beats Ok State, and Georgia beats Bama, who do you think gets the 4th spot then? This is assuming Michigan and Cincinnati win. 

Would Notre Dame get in, or would 2 loss Alabama get the nod? 

I would guess Notre Dame gets it.  But I could see Bama and Baylor also arguing for that spot

3 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Naw, by yall's figure this should knock Georgia out (if Alabama wins) since the played a a conf. Champ. game. Heck, put ND in over Georgia since they are the better team. 🙄

Who’s y’all? I’ve argued some the inception of the playoff that winning your conference should be a requirement. So when Bama and Georgia both get in, it will NOT be by ‘my figure’.

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Who’s y’all? I’ve argued some the inception of the playoff that winning your conference should be a requirement. So when Bama and Georgia both get in, it will NOT be by ‘my figure’.

YOU have said it all along. All these hypothetical solutions that would keep an SEC out.

2 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I wanted...

1- Georgia

2- Michigan

3-Cincy

4- ND

Looks like I am getting...

1-Alabama

2-Michigan (assuming a win over Iowa tonight)

3-Georgia

4- Cincy

Even in this scenario, a non conference champion should not be ahead of a conference champion. An undefeated one at that: 

Just now, Lobo97 said:

I’ve argued some the inception of the playoff that winning your conference should be a requirement. 

Exactly...8 team playoff...all P5 conf champs get in because there should be a reward for winning your conf...3 "at large" teams. With the Big12 and Pac 12 champs getting in it would also keep the western half of the country tuned in.

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

YOU have said it all along. All these hypothetical solutions that would keep an SEC out.

Then YOU need to go back and read anything I’ve ever said. 

The last couple weeks, I’ve simply made predictions. Had those predictions come true (such as Georgia beating Bama), then that would have prevented 2 SEC teams. 

I have never said 2 teams would not get in. I have, however, made the argument that 2 teams from the same conference should not get in. 

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Then YOU need to go back and read anything I’ve ever said. 

The last couple weeks, I’ve simply made predictions. Had those predictions come true (such as Georgia beating Bama), then that would have prevented 2 SEC teams. 

I have never said 2 teams would not get in. I have, however, made the argument that 2 teams from the same conference should not get in. 

IMO you have made some "predictions" to keep the four best teams out and anyone that would disagree would be "fibbing". The bottom line you don't like SEC teams no better than you like Denton Ryan.

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Even in this scenario, a non conference champion should not be ahead of a conference champion. An undefeated one at that: 

I dont disagree...but I think the committee will leap frog Bama over Michigan and will leave Cincy at 4 to avoid a Ala-Ga rematch in the first round.

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

IMO you have made some "predictions" to keep the four best teams out and anyone that would disagree would be "fibbing". The bottom line you don't like SEC teams no better than you like Denton Ryan.

Again, I’ve argued since the inception of the playoff that 2 teams from one conference should not get in. Not as long as it’s only 4 teams. That has nothing to do with the SEC. I’d make the same argument if it were 2 B12, P12, B10, or ACC teams. If they want more teams in from a single conference, then they should expand the playoff. THAT is what I’ve always argued.

As for Denton Ryan, I’m not sure what that even has to do with this. However, since you brought them up, I predicted DR would win state last year, and would get there by beating Longview. I made the exact same prediction again this year. 

25 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

The worst part of this, is it will secure 2 SEC teams in the playoff. 🙄

The worst part is they will seed it so Alabama and Georgia don’t play an immediate rematch. 

Even though with one loss, Georgia has the worst resume (assuming Michigan wins).

4 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I dont disagree...but I think the committee will leap frog Bama over Michigan and will leave Cincy at 4 to avoid a Ala-Ga rematch in the first round.

I’d expect Bama to leap Michigan as well, but Cincinnati should still be 3. If they don’t want an SEC championship rematch, that solution is easy…don’t put 2 SEC teams in a 4 team playoff.