CCG Week Discussion

Valhalla

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Again, I’ve argued since the inception of the playoff that 2 teams from one conference should not get in. Not as long as it’s only 4 teams. That has nothing to do with the SEC. I’d make the same argument if it were 2 B12, P12, B10, or ACC teams. If they want more teams in from a single conference, then they should expand the playoff. THAT is what I’ve always argued.

As for Denton Ryan, I’m not sure what that even has to do with this. However, since you brought them up, I predicted DR would win state last year, and would get there by beating Longview. I made the exact same prediction again this year. 

So your not for the 4 best teams getting in? No matter how they get in?

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So your not for the 4 best teams getting in? No matter how they get in?

I’m for a real playoff, and not for any person, or group of persons, choosing who they think are the 4 best teams. 

High School has a real playoff. The NFL has a real playoff. No reason college can’t as well. 

I’m for a real playoff, and not for any person, or group of persons, choosing who they think are the 4 best teams. 

High School has a real playoff. The NFL has a real playoff. No reason college can’t as well. 

Okay. But sorry, Georgia and Bama are two of the best teams in CF. Now, how do you seed them no matter how Michigan does?

If they don’t want an SEC championship rematch, that solution is easy…don’t put 2 SEC teams in a 4 team playoff. 

Problem with that is that the committee is tasked with picking the 4 best teams...no matter their conference. Thats the problem with selecting the playoff teams instead of having set criteria for getting in (ie...winning your conf). Idk of any other level of football where playoff teams are "chosen". In the NFL...the FCS...HIghschool...and even the CFL you have to meet set requirements to get in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Okay. But sorry, Georgia and Bama are two of the best teams in CF. Now, how do you seed them no matter how Michigan does?

The problem with this is, is nothing more than an opinion. 
Georgia has certainly looked like the best team all season (until tonight), but there are still many people who believe their schedule hasn’t been any stronger than Michigan’s. 
Alabama barely beat Florida, LSU, and should have lost to Auburn, and lost to a team that barely beat Colorado. 
I agree that Alabama and Georgia are 2 of the best teams, but that’s still nothing more than my opinion. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Problem with that is that the committee is tasked with picking the 4 best teams...no matter their conference. Thats the problem with selecting the playoff teams instead of having set criteria for getting in (ie...winning your conf). Idk of any other level of football where playoff teams are "chosen". In the NFL...the FCS...HIghschool...and even the CFL you have to meet set requirements to get in.

I completely agree with this. 

32 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

The problem with this is, is nothing more than an opinion. 
Georgia has certainly looked like the best team all season (until tonight), but there are still many people who believe their schedule hasn’t been any stronger than Michigan’s. 
Alabama barely beat Florida, LSU, and should have lost to Auburn, and lost to a team that barely beat Colorado. 
I agree that Alabama and Georgia are 2 of the best teams, but that’s still nothing more than my opinion. 

Seed them please sir. You do an excellent job.

6 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No your seeds? That's all that matters on this forum.

1. Alabama

2. Michigan (assuming they win tonight)

3. Cincinnati

4. Baylor

BUT, this does not mean I think these are necessarily the 4 best teams. I also didn't think Baylor was going to lose to Oklahoma State today either. I also didn't think A&M was going to lose to Alabama this year. Most people didn't expect 4 seed Ohio State to beat 1 seed Alabama in 2015 either. Most people didn't think Ohio State should've been in the playoff at all last year, and then they blew out Clemson. 

In each of these examples, I/most were wrong. So for anyone to say, 'Baylor would not beat Alabama or Georgia', based on what? Their opinion. 

This is why I say that a real playoff is needed. That there should be requirements for qualifying. The first requirement should be winning your conference. To have multiple teams from the same conference, you would then need your At Large bids. 

• Like 1

Guess I will be rootin' for Michigan to win the NC (assuming they win tonight).

Cincy would be ok also.

I was hoping ND would get in and win the title. That would be a great story with Brian Kelly leaving for LSU when his team was 11-1...and the new coach could conceivably win the national championship with a 2-0 career record lol.

14 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Guess I will be rootin' for Michigan to win the NC (assuming they win tonight).

Cincy would be ok also.

I was hoping ND would get in and win the title. That would be a great story with Brian Kelly leaving for LSU when his team was 11-1...and the new coach could conceivably win the national championship with a 2-0 career record lol.

I will be rooting for Michigan/Cinci

So naturally Georgia and Alabama will play in the NC with Alabama winning.

13 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Question? Is ND a blue blood anymore?

Thats a tough one. They have been very good through the Brian Kelly era...but have not won a natty in 35 years. You could make the case that these days only Alabama, Clemson and Ohio St are blue bloods. It is good for college football when the great, traditional programs like ND, Michigan, Texas, USC etc are good.