CCG Week Discussion

Valhalla

5 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

And Bama brought their d game to CS. Last night Bama could not have played any better plus let's face it Saban has Smart's number. Bama completely dominated the coaching game last night. BOB made a ton of mistakes against A&M.

They lost in CS that night. That happens.  Bama is down this year and still smoked Georgia.  You’re not helping your argument.  

now about the Georgia/ND strength of schedules….  Did you look it up?

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

They lost in CS that night. That happens.  Bama is down this year and still smoked Georgia.  You’re not helping your argument.  

now about the Georgia/ND strength of schedules….  Did you look it up?

And you never answered the question, do you think ND is better than Georgia.

And, I have NOT seen one anaylist since last nights game (and I probably have seen about 15-20 of them) not have Georgia in their top 4. So in all honesty who's not helping their argument?

34 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

And you never answered the question, do you think ND is better than Georgia.

And, I have NOT seen one anaylist since last nights game (and I probably have seen about 15-20 of them) not have Georgia in their top 4. So in all honesty who's not helping their argument?

I did answer….No, I think ND and Ga are on about the same page.  Propped up by weak schedules and espn.  That’s my answer, the second time.

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Notre Dame also didn’t play a FCS team.

In case you forgot....

Here’s what Saban said on Wednesday when asked by For The Win on the SEC coaches’ conference call what the benefit is for an FBS team to face an FCS opponent like Chattanooga:

“First of all, we have a total amount of respect for their players, their program, their coaches and the good job that they do. We understand that it does help their schools and it certainly helps our team to be able to go play a game and try to improve and get better and have the proper respect for the team that we play.

“What I say next is: Through the years, I’ve been an advocate of playing all Power 5 conference schools, playing more conference games. I know it’s a more difficult schedule but I think it would be better for the fans, it would be better for … in the playoffs right now, if you want to talk about that, that system is if you lose a game, you’re on thin ice. If you lose two, it’s almost impossible. I think if we played more like the NFL — the New York Giants won the Super Bowl a few years ago and lost six games. You play quality opponents every week and probably end up losing more games, but I think at the end of the day it would be more competitive for everyone involved relative to the fans and players and the selection committee and all the things that go into it.”

http://powerrankingsguru.com/college-football/strength-of-schedule.php

30 and 32.  ND two spots higher.

7 Big12 teams have higher ranked SOS than both.  

6 sec West teams have stronger than both.  

11 Big10 teams have higher than both.

I watched a couple more teams this weekend I feel would play Georgia a good game and possibly beat them.   

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

You look it up because IDC. But by your analogy (SOS) Cincinnati shouldn't even be in the consideration? 

Is that a question you want answered?  Or did you put the wrong punctuation in?  I don’t mind looking stuff up, it’s real easy

4 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

How was I proven wrong dude? Your the only one that brought SOS up and Georgia should be out.

Now bye I don't argue with fence posts.

I did answer the question and that ND is on par with Ga.  Georgia is the same team every year.  Stacked talent, unproven, lose SEC title game, flakes out in playoff or NY6 bowl and says they didn’t want to be there.  

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

http://powerrankingsguru.com/college-football/strength-of-schedule.php

30 and 32.  ND two spots higher.

7 Big12 teams have higher ranked SOS than both.  

6 sec West teams have stronger than both.  

11 Big10 teams have higher than both.

I watched a couple more teams this weekend I feel would play Georgia a good game and possibly beat them.   

Str of schedule is based on what?  Record or rankings?  Either method  can be really flawed

7 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I get ND, but Baylor? Ohio State? They lost 2 games whereas Georgia lost one. 

The only one of those that makes sense to me is Baylor. They were separated by only 1 game, and Baylor won their CCG. ND and Ohio State didn't play in a CCG, so I can't see either of them over Georgia. 

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Every one of them played a tougher schedule.  Georgia cake walks every year until Bama beats them in the ccg.  Then they either are given a second shot or sent to a NY6 bowl we’re they struggle with “lesser” competition.  I hope the sec puts Bama and Auburn in the East.  Then we won’t have to listen to how great Georgia is but isn’t every year.  

Baylor won the Big12.  Ohio State is just as good as Georgia, but played a tougher schedule and ended up losing two.  ND is par with Georgia.  Easy scheduling and espn hype

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

The only one of those that makes sense to me is Baylor. They were separated by only 1 game, and Baylor won their CCG. ND and Ohio State didn't play in a CCG, so I can't see either of them over Georgia. 

Yeah,  I guess Baylor makes sense to me a LITTLE more because they turned around and beat a team that beat them. But they still ended with two losses, one of those to TCU. Georgia only had one loss, and it was to Alabama. 

The argument for Baylor depends on what you value more.

Baylor had better wins than Georgia, but they had more losses.

I am not going to argue that Baylor should be in over Georgia. I still firmly believe that Georgia should be the #4 seed though.